A Balanced Kassadin

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ViolentlyCar

12-23-2012

I'm curious what you guys think it would take for Kassadin to be balanced on this map. Do you think reducing his silence duration to 1 second and increasing his ultimate cooldown by 3 seconds at each rank would do it?

Tortferngatr

12-23-2012

Burden of Knowledge says no.

DG TheFeedski

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-23-2012

They aren't going to balance champions for Dominion, so the only fix I could see is fixing that dang rift walk to go the range it says. If his range indicator says he can't make it over a wall, it shouldn't put him over it.

urmamasllama

12-23-2012

only thing they could do that would nerf him and basically no one else is anytime anyone uses a blink they lose the bonus mana regen from the map aura

Tortferngatr

12-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DD TheFeedski View Post
They aren't going to balance champions for Dominion, so the only fix I could see is fixing that dang rift walk to go the range it says. If his range indicator says he can't make it over a wall, it shouldn't put him over it.
I would actually be against this. I used to be for it, but then I actually played Kassadin (and realized just how fun that ult is).

On a side note, I am in favor of making a mana cost nerf to Riftwalk specifically for Dominion, which I see as being different from the vast majority of proposals for map-specific nerfs in that it has minimal effect on anyone but the Kassadin player and has minimal effect on inter-map balance changes.

ViolentlyCar

12-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tortferngatr View Post
Burden of Knowledge says no.
I don't mean that we should do map-specific balance changes. It's more about what it would take, in a vacuum, for Kassadin to be fair for Dominion.

Tortferngatr

12-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViolentlyCar View Post
I don't mean that we should do map-specific balance changes. It's more about what it would take, in a vacuum, for Kassadin to be fair for Dominion.
Mana cost nerf on Kassadin's ult. This is to make sure his ult remains fun, while reducing his ability to cross the map with it [without risking OOM].

Volandum

12-23-2012

I think it might be interesting to make Kassadin's ult very expensive, but refund part of the cost if you hit something with it.

Das Strychnine

12-23-2012

Kassadin already has mana problems, people have this misconception that he can riftwalk 10 times across a map, if he gets CDR, which most Kassadins will have at least Frozen Heart he won't ever really Rift Walk more then 3 times before the buff expires, otherwise by the time you get to your target you have no mana to do anything. Nerfing his mana is not going to work, he will still just rift walk 2-3 times max and be just as strong as he is now.

There are a lot of worse things than Kassadin at high elo tbh, 4 man premades with some of the best players in Dominion stomping random matched people where elo fluctuates are a lot more toxic than a Kassadin imo.

Do you know what would solve BOTH these problems? Ranked or Draft. Maybe people can stop crying about Kassadin and use their voice to ask for ranked/draft instead which would be a lot better in this map and would solve the Kassadin problem as well. More like 10 birds with 1 stone.

A Slime Appears

12-23-2012

Remove the silence. He will still have ridiculous mobility and burst, but he will actually have to think about who he tries to **** on because everyone can retaliate.