Level 1 fight?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

djump

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Recruiter

12-17-2012

I want to know what other people's thoughts and experience are with the whole level 1 fight situation.

Obviously, certain team comps can have a clear edge sometimes and of course you want to try to engage a fight then. But more in general, if the teams look somewhat even for lvl 1 fighting, what do you think about lvl 1 fights? When do you do or avoid them? How do you engage? Are there any clever tricks that seem to work consistently for you?

In blind normals most of the time the team ends up just running to the middle and engaging if we feel stronger, or ocassionally running around the top, but I just started playing ranked and I feel like there is good opportunity for level 1 strategy, I just don't know what good options are yet. Any thoughts? =)

djump

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Recruiter

12-17-2012

well, anyone?

MONKYfapper

12-17-2012

this was more for the old TT when bot had a bush you can control (my experience anyways, there might be more to it) in early levels and zone them out as the lane froze

there isnt as much point for level one fight in the new TT since altar now opens way later. at most, you can get 1st blood, a couple of kills, and take 2 wolves to get some early game advantages. overall, i think the level one fight is just an ancient tradition TT had

She

12-17-2012

there's nothing significant to fight over at level 1, so they're pretty pointless imo... you can choose not to fight if you have a weaker level 1 than they do. in the old map, you were punished for that because that would mean the other team would just get your jungle camp for an early experience advantage

djump

Senior Recruiter

12-18-2012

thanks for the insights. this makes sense. I didn't think about the fact there isn't much to gain outised of firstblood if you are confident you can get it. I guess it's more of a small situational risk now that's only worth it if you have a clearly stronger lvl 1 team.

Dancing Kirby

12-18-2012

I enjoy a good lvl 1 fight but my team for the most part plays defensive early game. That FB is just so strong in 3s.

DekonCross

12-19-2012

Shaco JITB trap + noct + blitz bait I mean crank.. or in general any tanky character that can survive well at low hp to bait a full team into an instant ace.

AndersMMO

12-19-2012

I wrote in an depth guide on level 1 fighting in TT;

http://cndgamingdotcom.wordpress.com...hy-or-why-not/

wontfight

12-20-2012

dont do it! no level 1 no adv in lane

Geekweezul

12-21-2012

While there might not be a significant advantage to getting FB...level 1 team fights are still fun, and that's a good reason to try it if you want. My team usually goes to top brush immediately. 3 out of 4 times we make it to their top brush before they can. They either buy too slowly, or head to the mid brush near the speed shrine.

If they don't show up, we simply all wait in the brush for the top laner to come close enough (they almost always do) and get FB that way. Then, their top laner misses 1-2 creep waves while we only miss 2-3 creeps.