Cross, The Six Winged Scythe

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Veralin

12-18-2012

It's an interesting idea, buuut. The passive just doesn't seem to fit. usually a passive is more based on the character themselves, and is unique. We have Fizz's nimbleness as an example, the only champ that naturally ignores unit collision. However, the extra 50 ad seems a tad overkill.

I can suggest an alternate idea actually, perhaps a stacking bonus that stacks up to six times and when it stacks six times, it triggers his Q's secondary effect. Merely a thought, but otherwise this is a great character idea... kinda funny about the whole, crush on kayle thing.

HeroicLegend

12-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veralin View Post
It's an interesting idea, buuut. The passive just doesn't seem to fit. usually a passive is more based on the character themselves, and is unique. We have Fizz's nimbleness as an example, the only champ that naturally ignores unit collision. However, the extra 50 ad seems a tad overkill.

I can suggest an alternate idea actually, perhaps a stacking bonus that stacks up to six times and when it stacks six times, it triggers his Q's secondary effect. Merely a thought, but otherwise this is a great character idea... kinda funny about the whole, crush on kayle thing.
Well as I stated with the last person who mentioned the passive, it's only for three seconds and can be canceled if a skill is activated. I'll still consider it and if I get enough thoughts about the passive being too strong I'll change it. As for the crush thing, I owe that one to my brother. He thought it'd be funny as well and I figured there is no harm in putting that in, gives him more reason to join the League.

Veralin

12-18-2012

I would also like to point out, other similar effects like Yi's passive for instance are not interrupted by using abilities.

HeroicLegend

12-18-2012

I'm very tired, both trying to explain this and physically(curse you day-time naps!) Cross and Yi are different champs though, If I recall Yi's attacks stack up to his two hit 7th. Cross's basically keeps the counter but the counter goes poof if a skill is used. Not only that but say you go up to your fifth hit and stopped, decided to wait for a champ to come by. A. You're gonna miss out on gold. B. If you get the sixth off you still need to deal a seventh hit for it to be the full force of the passive. And if the champ escapes until the three seconds are up then you're outta luck. This is mostly a skill to mow down minions and help push lanes, this is not a skill for champ chasing unless your timing godly. And even if it's the ult due for complaint, it's double and for six seconds for a KILL no kill, no buff. Now please if you are going to continue with this, stop. Pick something else please. I've already said if enough people find fault with it I'll change it, until then, it stays, if Riot even looks at it and picks him up, they will make the proper changes to make him balanced so if it stays, just further proof it's balanced.

Seruph

12-18-2012

well heroic my link your page idea worked for you lol lots of comments now!

HeroicLegend

12-18-2012

For 12 seconds I was lost. Though yes it seems like it did work out, sadly I didn't think I'd get recommendations to change the passive XP I consulted a few people to see if it fair I guess I should've conducted a bigger poll.

Seruph

12-18-2012

lol np man it isn't like he is in game right yet so it can be whatever until he would actually have to be beta tested and balanced

HeroicLegend

12-18-2012

I could hug you if I could put my arms into the internet, but sadly that would break my laptop. I have a second champ I was working on that I hope gets looked at as well. Mathing some of this stuff is rough but helps me know where on the badass scale my champ will be plain and how long he can go without an item.

JayGenz

12-18-2012

I like the champ concept, but having a little trouble picturing the scythe design.

As for the whole Kayle thing, how about a 'secret' buff?
Ex: When there's an allied Kayle, Cross does +1 damage. (Similar to Leona's damage being -1 to champs with sunglasses)

blackkat101

12-18-2012

The abilities on this champion seem very well thought out. I liked it much. It was nice to see how conservative you were on the base damage and ratios of the abilities. Nothing seemed over or under powered.

Only thing I wonder is what is this defect that he cannot wield any weapons? Is it the fact that he has 6 wings instead of the normal 2 like Kayle and Morgana? If so, why would that hinder him from picking up a knife or sword and swinging it? This is the only part of the lore that really tugged at me.

Other than that, really nice,
- Kat

Now for selfish self advertizing =^.^=
Take a look at my Champion Concept if you have time:
Shia, The Void's Timid Doppel