Cross, The Six Winged Scythe

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HeroicLegend

02-05-2013

Heh, thanks you two, where I got the pictures is linked there if ya need and yeah it's cheesy but the orginal reason I had in mind for him to join the league was very unfocused. Maybe if he ever gets created I'll release the original idea(polished up however) for all to see

Keledrath

Recruiter

02-19-2013

I really like the idea behind this champion, but I object to the hidden passive. I'm okay with it being there, but 2 AD is actually a big deal early game for last hitting, given that it is something you have no control over.

I'm also skeptical about the 2 second stun on the Q. I know you have to charge the passive, but that means that you will be that much stronger during the stun. 2 seconds is a VERY long stun (Long range Ashe ult is 3.5, Sion is 1.5, Morgana's ultimate is 1.75).

Keledrath

Recruiter

02-19-2013

Honestly, I didn't read all 12 pages. Am I really the first comment on the skills?

I would be more willing to give you that it takes skill if the ability was a skill shot, but it's a targeted ability with a reasonable range. Compared to Elise's Cocoon, which is a skill shot with no damage for a shorter stun.
You talk about countering it as a gap closer, but since it is targeted, once the ability goes off, the stun is guaranteed and the gap is closed. It would give him absolute lane dominance whenever the passive is up, since the enemy cannot come in range without betting stunned.

HeroicLegend

02-19-2013

I meant more as it's been a while since anyone has posted about skills, I thought there wasn't much else to be said about them.

Once again, the passive is only 5 seconds long. It will show itself when it's up(the scythe will glow or pulse, I'll be sure to edit that)Ranged champs should be able to push him away from getting hits, slows and stuns will stop him. However, taking the time to look over another champion who's stuns get annoying, the range is smaller. I could reduce the range but I'ma have to do more a little more research before I decide on what to do with the Q.

HeroicLegend

02-19-2013

Alright, after doing some research on a few champions, I've decided I'm not changing the Q. My reasoning is thus:
-Brand's Stun is also his Q and is based on his passive as well, while his passive is also a DoT, Cross's a buff that needs for him to connect with an up-close hit for it to do a large amount, and at best he can get in 1 to 2 hits. Not to mention, Brand's Passive lasts up to 4 seconds and is instantly activated on spell hit, every spell hit. Cross still needs 6 hits and to land those 6 before he can get his passive back.
-Depending on who he fights that also has a stun(Taric, Leona, Sion,etc.) all they need to do is counter stun, and he might not even get off the stun because the animation itself took a second or so. Basically, Stun, run, Leap, passive over mid-leap, enemy champ gives Cross the Bear hug of doom.
-Leona's Zenith and Shield combo itself is also very much like Cross's Q. Only she has the perk of not having to wait for a passive so she can stun.Granted it's not a full 2 second stun but with enough CD she can keep activating it faster then Cross can use his Q in combination with his passive.
-Most skill-shot stuns have a greater range because of their chance to miss, however the skill-shots are understandable from an attack point of view. Nautilus's Q wouldn't make sense if it was a one-click because he's tossing a giant anchor. Cross's makes sense why it's a one click, he's targeting a single enemy. His scythe can hit numerous foes, but it's the way he's attacking that's different. It's overhead, not vertical slash. Once again, it can be changed but as stated above, I'm not changing it.

I feel I don't need to say more. Once again, I can understand your concerns but there are plenty of champs who can counter this and who can dominate Cross's lane. The scenario you also played out feels like it would be a 1 v 1 with Cross. While Cross can hold his own alone, early game, that stun will stop on enemy,but if it's 2v1 then Cross has a problem.

HeroicLegend

03-07-2013

Alright, since the voting for what to do with his story was a bust(will most likely remove that) and only one person(if you are reading thank you to the only person who participated, doesn't matter if it's win by default it's a win XD) voted, I'm going to go with the first opition, I'm going to delete those posts as well, so to those just coming to the thread, original story has changed, to those who don't remember, don't worry it's stayed mostly the same, just gonna work on a few points and fix up some things. If anyone has any advice for the story(something you didn't understand) feel free to tell me know now.
[Edit]
Might change the Q when his passive is active. It depends I'll need to do more research.

Vhaegor

03-07-2013

His ult seems way to weak, but apart from thats it's good

HeroicLegend

03-07-2013

Ok as I've re-read my lore and looked over some things, I've decided to make some fair drastic changes, including a bit about his past and giving him more reasons to join League. Also changing how he got his scythe(it'll make more lore sense XP)

HeroicLegend

03-07-2013

Update:
Alrighty, the new Lore is done, I'm thinking it is better then the last one.
[Edit]
Also changed up a little bit set-up so it might be easier to read.

Laxtras

03-15-2013

i like this idea