Cross, The Six Winged Scythe

1234511 ... 27
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HeroicLegend

12-17-2012

A Bit Before You Read:
Ok, I orginally posted this character under a different forum titled(Could use some help with this..) After a few weeks of disscussion, some time off on League due to the discovery of Nexus mods after debating if it was a good idea(it was) I think I've come up with a character that is in my belief,fair. I decided on a Scythe user because the League lacks it. Akali, while a beast champ uses Kama, a smaller form of scythes, Fiddlesticks uses a sickle I believe but neither a two-handed, grim-reaper esqe scythe. If I could draw I'd give some type of concept art but my artistic skills would have him be a stick figure holding a the letter t.
I'd still like some feed-back on it but nothing too spirit breaking(EI: This champ is so broken in so many ways, why'd you even bother posting? So much is wrong with it, where did you go right?) Not that I expect that from this community(one of the nicest I've seen so far) but just a pre-caution. The story came from an idea I got while talking with my brother, his passive and his w were changed to be more fair. I did my best to Math all the stats you see there(if I got something wrong please point it out so I can correct it). In the end what do you, the Summoners, think? Summon Worthy?

Name: Cross
Title: The Six Winged Scythe
Roles: Fighter, Melee

Stats:

Quote:
HP: 410(+87)(Max. 1967)
HP Regen: 7.37(+0.89)(Max.23.39)
Mana: 225 (+36.8) (Max.887.4)
Mana Regen: 6.09(+0.26) (Max.10.77)
Range: 175
Attack Damage: 51(+4.66) (Max.134.88)
Attack Speed: 0.665(+2.7%) (Max.0.998)
Armor: 16 (+2.6) (Max.52.8)
Magic Res. 30(+1.25) (Max.52.5)
Movement Speed: 345
Appearance:
Quote:
Six Dark Blue Wings Sprouted out from his back. A long, hooded, and black trench coat that reaches his ankles in length, only the torso up is zipped. Navy blue hakama pants are his choice of leg-wear. Black traveler's boots with silver buckle straps. Scythe is in the shape of a cross, one side of the cross replaced by the silver blade, all around the cross are runes. Cross's figure is that of a thin/average build of a male, wing span is similar to Kayle's. Cross's face is that of a normal young man's(similar to Ezreal), Midnight black hair, white eyes.
Possible Skin(s):
Armored Cross:
Quote:
Cross is dressed in golden and red armor from neck to toe. His wings has armor plating on the top. His Scythe blade is Golden and the handle is a dark brown with the runes white lettering.
Love Struck Cross:
Quote:
Cross has his hood down, is in a white zip-up hoodie which has 'Kayle #1 on the front. The hoodie is unzipped. He's wearing sneakers and has on a pair of loose/baggy jeans. His Scythe is covered with Hearts, each of them have Kayle written on the inside.
Lore:
Quote:
There isn't anyone of the winged immortals who has yet to hear of Kayle's Heroics and Morgana's evil. Still, there was one who wished that the fighting would stop so the outcasts would finally be able to be looked at as more than just a shield for those who could fight.
Cross was always weak as a child, struggled with being able to lift up a sword most of the other immortals could wield with ease. His father, one of the many soldiers in this ongoing fight always looked at him with disappointment. Though this weakness was not from lack of training it was from a birth defect, Cross was, by birth, weak and granted six dark blue wings. As Cross got older, two things had grown, his want to be stronger and his affection of Kayle. Both of these would drive the young immortal to leave home one day, and travel.
Cross was fortunate the Valoran had a plethora of places that have been destroyed by battle and deserted, this would allow him to find a place where he can try and train with all the weapons left behind. Though with much disappointment and injuries, the immortal found out very quickly that every single weapon he tried to lift was far too heavy for him. The weapons that weren't heavy, his lack of skill and learning the basics caused him injury. It seemed like the young immortal was just about ready to give up hope, however before he dropped his weapon, a voice from a distance called out to him. 'Come now young one, don't give up hope just yet.' Cross was scared and he ended up flailing and injuring himself once more. 'It seems like you are far from your goal, tell me young one, what is your goal? Why do you try to raise a weapon and fight?' Cross was still scared but responded "...I....I want to b-be able to fight....I....I want to make my father proud of me.....a-and I want the strength to protect someone...." Cross replied while gripping his wound. The voice ended up walking over to him and revealing the person behind the voice. It was an old Hermit, the hermit revealed to Cross that he was watching him, he would've offered his help sooner but he wanted to make sure Cross was dedicated to his goals. The hermit was not only a hermit but an weapons master, and he's offered his hand in helping the immortal reach his goals.
It was then Cross's training had begun. The first thing the hermit wanted to see is what kind of weapon would be best suited for him. Cross had tried to use already a wide variety of weapons, in the end he had stated that he felt the most comfortable with a scythe, it's range was long enough that he wouldn't cut his arms or legs unless he tired, he also felt it would be easier to lift. It was then that the hermit started to help Cross train to be an efficient Scythe User. Cross would spend years with this hermit, practicing day and night. Cross would learn much from this hermit, not just in weaponry but he'd also learn how to use his wings to his advantage, and learn how to help bring the change he wants without fighting for one side, it was then Cross started to oppose the war of his people, seeing it as more a plight for both sides rather than a way to make things better. From that day, Cross and the hermit made the training much more difficult. Still, Cross's defect was crippling him, even baby steps with the heavier scythes were causing Cross much more trouble than normal. It was then the hermit revealed to Cross, a new scythe, one that he could use that was guaranteed not to break and he'd be able to lift it. The Scythe had a sliver blade and was covered in runes. As a gift to his best student and a chance to help Cross become the beckon of change that his people needs, the hermit gave Cross the scythe. Before Cross could thank the man, he seemed to have vanished, leaving behind only a note stating 'You have learned all you can from me, constant practice and honing your skills will help you keep the strength you need. Never lose sight of your goal, Cross.' Cross then looked at his new scythe and like the last time he was alone, a voice had appeared, though unlike last time, Cross wasn't afraid. He was dressed in the clothes the hermit gave him and wielding a weapon he knew, granted he felt this would be difficult to wield. Still he felt ready for whatever would come after him. The voice spoke clearly now 'Child of the race of immortals, what beckons you to attempt to wield me?' Cross was confused at who could've been speaking but regardless, he gave an answer. "I want to bring peace to my race, to have those with birth defects like my own be accepted rather then used in a war we don't want to be part of and I want to fight to protect someone."Cross spoke confidently. 'Peace and Acceptance is what you seek, know this though, I can only grant you power, I cannot make peace or have you accepted. What is done with my power may cause you to get what you've long sought after or cause more bloodshed and force you even further from those you so wish to bring peace to. Would you accept the burden that is my power to achieve your goal?' Cross pondered for a moment, this was definitely not a person speaking to him, it was then Cross looked at his scythe and discovered that it was his new scythe. Reluctant given what the scythe had said he took a moment to debate internally. After a moment of silence, Cross nods "I....I will accept the burden. Though I may not be around to witness my goal.....to have it come to fruition is enough." It was then Cross felt a surge of energy flow into his body, the scythe had granted him the strength needed to use it. 'Use me as you see fit Child of Immortals. My power is now your own, may you see your goals on their path.' Cross stood there and smiled a little as he begun to practice right away.
It would be a few more years to pass before Cross and his scythe would even consider joining the League of Legends to fight for his people, using the League to make something of himself and gain the ear of the two warring sides. Though Cross was concerned about the challenges to come from fighting in the League he was sure that with the help of his scythe and the what he's learned he'd be ready. The only thing Cross would not be ready for, was meeting his crush on the fields of battle.

Personality: Cross is a fairly calm immortal, given all the time he's had alone and the teachings from his master, he has a different view on things. Cross is very kind-hearted and finds joy in the little things, like nature's beauty and flight. Cross can be very protective at times, willing to put himself into harms way for anyone or anything if needed. Cross is not quick to anger or annoy though he can be very quick to anger if someone insults his wings.(Past scars) The only time Cross truly gets gloomy is when the Civil War of his people though it strengthens his resolve even more when he does hear about it.
Actions:
Quote:
Movement: Cross hovers above ground, each set of wings alternating flaps to keep him airborne. He leans slightly forward and holds his scythe diagonal in both hands.
Idle: Cross hovers above the ground holding his scythe diagonal in both hands,after a while he'll land and inspect his scythe then resume hovering above ground.
Death: Cross drops, using his scythe to hold him up a little before dropping onto his stomach fully, his wings spreading to cover him slightly.
Dance: N/A
Attack: Cross will deliver a two-handed swing with his scythe to the left or right.
Crit Attack: Cross delivers and over-head chop.
Abilities

Quote:
Passive:
Attachment 582020Scythe of Strength: After every sixth attack basic attack Cross gains 15 AD for 5 seconds. Every 6 Levels the AD bonus goes up by 15(1-6: 15 AD, 7-12: 30 AD, 13-18: 45 AD)
(Attack counter starts after the innate duration runs off.)
Secret Passive(s):
Dream Come True: Oh my....Hi Kayle.... Cross gains +2 attack damage when on the same team as Kayle
Great Sorrow: I'm sorry Kayle! I don't mean it! Cross loses heart to fight against the girl of his dreams. -2 attack damage.

Attachment 582023Q: Flying Blade:
CD: 10/9/8/7/6
Mana Cost: 45/50/55/60/65
Cross lunges at the target, scythe raised above head to slash the target with all his might. Stuns the target if Scythe of Strength is active.
Skill Type: One Click Ability
Stun Duration: 2 Seconds
Physical Damage: 45/70/95/120/145(+100% Bonus AD)
Range: 700

Attachment 582022W: Scattered Feathers:
CD: 19/18/17/16/15
Mana Cost: 50/60/70/80/90
Cross gathers energy within his wings for a moment, and then releases the energy in a cone. Dealing [magical] damage to all enemies per (half-second/second). The cone length increases the longer the charge. If a champion (enemy/ally/enemy+ally) is hit by this effect Cross gains a movespeed increase after the spell ends.
Skill Type: AoE Skillshot (Right Angle Cone-shaped/In front of champion)
Damage Per Feather: 9/12/15/18/21 (+ 80% Bonus AD) (16 Feathers)
Range of Normal:600
Range of Charged: 975
Movement Speed: +6%

Attachment 582021E: Reaper's Swing:
CD: 11
Mana Cost: 70
Cross delivers two slow but fierce swings in front of him, anyone hit with the second swing gets knocked behind Cross. If Scythe of Strength is active then his second swing also causes Grievous Wounds for 1.5 seconds.
Skill Type: AoE Skillshot (Area directly in front of him)
Seconds Between Strikes: 0.5 Seconds
Damage Per Strike: 40/60/80/100/120 (+40% Total AD)
Range: 187.5
Knock Behind Range: 225

Attachment 582019R(Ult): Blue Feathers Fall:
CD: 120/130/140
Mana Cost: 130/145/160
Cross marks his target with a blue feather causing reduced movement speed by 50% before flying off into the sky to deliver the final blow.
After channeling energy into his wings for 2 seconds, Cross flies into the air and readies his scythe. He swoops down and slices through the Marked champion dealing a huge amount of damage. If this skill kills the target Cross lands with Scythe of Strength Activated for 10 seconds with +60 AD.
Skill Type: One Click Ability
Damage: 160/210/260 (+100% Total AD)
Range: 1200
Recommended Items:
Doran's Blade, Berserker Greaves, The Bloodthrister, Frozen Mallet, Last Whisper, Zeal

Quotes:
Quote:
Movement:
I'm on my way.
Hang on, I'm coming
I'll be there shortly
Six Wings should be able to go faster
Help's on the way

Attacking:
I'm not one to mess with!
What'd you say about my wings?!
I'll take you down!
My training's paid off.

Taunt:
Figure out which you rather, the scythe or the feather.

Joke:
W-Wait, Kayle was watching?! ...Was I cool?

Selection:
They won't stop the three of us!(Scythe is somewhat sentient)

Laugh:
Cross covers his mouth and chuckles a bit.

Spell Quotes:
Q: Don't try to run away!!
W: This should slow you down!
E: Stop[1st Swing]Running![2nd Swing]
R: By my hand you'll fall!
Artwork Done:
(Please note that these artists OFFERED their help, please don't spam them with requests.
All Artist are going to be in Credit to Team with Artist listed next to them so don't ask me please.)
Credit to Team:
Moby the White(Fixing up Skills)
JayGenz(Adding Secret Passive idea)
blackkat101(Lore Explication)
Leo Tomita(Also Fixing up Skills)
Pumpkin Raven(Quote/skills)
Liam Geegeeson(Skill Tweaks)
Syllnor(Also Skill Tweaks)
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/icons.php (Icons)
FlamesofTerror (Big Review)
PandaWhistle(Artist(1st Picture in the list)
smurfeater25(Artist (2nd Picture in the list)
Michael(Artist (3rd Picture in the list(I forgot his League name, and yeah the wings are missing, when I get the finished image(when I stop being lazy and contact him)I'll update it)

(P.S. If you are an artist on these forums reading this PLEASE message me if you want to draw him. I'd be happy to give the details with my best descriptive skills.)
(P.S.S. By message I mean post and we can discuss this via LoL since I'm on right now if you'd rather not post just add me.)
(P.S.S.S. Will add more Attacking and Movement quotes when I can think of them.)

HeroicLegend

12-17-2012

Go to nap and forget to bump to keep alive XP I gotta stop posting at night and forgetting to sleep. Curse you League and Skyrim!

Seruph

12-17-2012

i love nexus for one and two that is an intriuging lore yours is a lot like ventullia's describe how he would look. I like the Idea of his wings shooting out feathers as well. Plus using a scythe reminds me of death scythe from gundam wing. What inspired this?

HeroicLegend

12-17-2012

Well back when I was an active member on Gaia, I had always liked the idea of a six winged Angel or Demon. As I grew up, the idea never left but I did change my love of daggers for one of Scythes. I looked through the League's Champs and was a little sad the two with scythe-like weaponry were both mages. While I enjoy using them I still wanted to see something like the Soul Cal. Boss(I forgot the name ). As for how he looks, his wings are a navy blue, and coming out the back of a black trench coat. He has a hood up which covers his black hair and white eyes, he's a bit thin(basically your typical anime hero) and the coat is only closed around his torso(Something like Kingdom Hearts' Organization XIII) His pants are hakama like navy blue, he wears black boots. That's it for his appearance, his scythe I tried drawing it and it's basically a cross but one of the lines going through the top is replaced by the blade. There are also runes going around it and the blade itself is silver.

SilverFlesh

12-17-2012

He is well made easy to understand, scythe on a angel like chap is weird though , Cheers

HeroicLegend

12-17-2012

shadowcrusnik

12-17-2012

The passive, for one is misname it says scythe of str. but is referred to as killer scythe. Secondly, two of the abilities have a special effect with the scythe, and it is also a little OP with the 50 extra AD for 3 seconds, with 2 atck speed that a bonus of 300 dmg every 6th attack, and since it would be long enough for 6 attacks it would reactivate and allow a constant bonus of 50 extra AD, and the ultimate with 100 AD, I think a different passive would be better. Maybe, since it involves a 6 winged scythe it could have a special thing involving 6, and you could implement this to coordinate with every ability, just my thoughts.

HeroicLegend

12-17-2012

I knew I forgot to change something </3 As for the passive, it doesn't stack, it's just 50+ and then the three seconds happens. Skills don't count as an attack(I should change it to basic attacks) but even with attack speed, there will still be a matter of three seconds and the six attacks won't count if say it's attack attack skill because then it would reset. Also for the ulti, it's only if it's a kill shot. And if it, the 50 and 100 won't stack, the 100 will replace the 50. I'll consider your though.

HeroicLegend

12-17-2012

Killer Scythe was the orginal name of the passive but I changed it to be more Lore-Friendly.

HeroicLegend

12-17-2012

Oh if you like the ideas here and would like some ideas for your own champ, feel free to ask as well^ ^ I'll try my best to help.

1234511 ... 27