Swiftness + Zephyr

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BuildPolice

12-17-2012

Could this be a strong early combo for movement speed hungry AD?

DiscworldDeath

12-17-2012

Too much gold spent early - you get there, but then what do you do?

I'd prefer them on bruisers, and I'd get some cheap strong items first (Hexdrinker, phage, vampiric scepter, brutalizer, etc).

I really like Zephyr, but I usually get it after completing say Triforce or something first.

BuildPolice

12-17-2012

It's better to get there early than not at all on kiteable champs.
And on kiting champs it's nice to never be counter-slowed.

DiscworldDeath

12-17-2012

Same as having 1,000 AP is better than not having 1,000 AP, even on someone like Irelia, or Xin Zhao, but the question is what you give up for these things.

Get them, but don't rush them.

Redenbacher

12-17-2012

I'm on Discworld's side on this one. You'll have all this attack speed and movement speed without any real damage to go along with it. I believe that attack damage is of much more value, because sticking to and/or kiting your target isn't of much use if you're unable to actually kill them.

I think it's an excellent alternative ADC build, but don't rush the Zephyr. In fact, rarely should you ever rush attack speed unless your champion has some kind of AD or magic damage steroid.

That being said, Kog'Maw might really appreciate this build.

BuildPolice

12-17-2012

Well so far I've used or considered using it on Trynd, Xin Zhao, AD Sion and Vayne, team depending.

Trynd's not really considered a 'viable' champ but his greatest weakness is CC and kiting, With auto attack you gain fury with adds fury which gives crit and AD. With move speed and slow reduction you not only reduce kiting but increase your ability to dodge skill-shot CCs and such, like Anivia snowballs and on-the-fly Teemo shrooms.

Xin Zhao doesn't have a huge issue with kiting, but some characters can zone your E and harass you down before you can get in on them, once you do though you can 1v1 most champs.

Vayne is mostly for the purpose of escaping super gank-squad teams, as most ranged carries you'll be focused down unless your team is good at shielding, which pubs never are, or have good escaping ability. Vaynes silver bolts give her good atkspd scaling. Also having more movespeed means you can move in to set up that game-changing condemn while they are by a wall out of position for a small time.

AD Sion relies largely on getting to his stunned target as fast as possible to get as many hits in as he can before it ends, CDR = more stuns, movespeed = gap closing, and he already has his attack damage steroid on E.

Redenbacher

12-17-2012

I think that's fair. I mean, hey, if it seems stupid but it works, then it's not stupid. The only way to know for sure is to test it out. I don't play many melee ADCs, so I was only looking at ranged ADC.

I'm absolutely awful at melee ADC... mainly because I get so aggravated by kiting. Maybe this is the build for me!

BeefJerkyHunter

12-17-2012

Get starting items, get Stinger, build some other items, Make Zephyr.

MajorUrsa

12-17-2012

I use it on my skarner jungle build for TT! I'm a big fan of zephyr I just believe its far too costly. I think the combine cost could come down quite a bit to balance the item.

Tempestphile

12-17-2012

i do swiftness + zephyr, but towards late game