Auto Lockers

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nuadeilin

12-16-2012

I for one hate auto lockers who do not co-operate with the team, or people who just go whatever they want and do not help towards the team during team select. Currently the method of positions is you "call" you position I.E " Top" or 'ADC". however even if you call these positions other will still auto lock. while i myself don't mind having to go support every now and then it seems as if I am always having to do it despite if i called another position. So my thoughts are what if riot implements a system similar to the World of Warcraft Dungeon finder system where you choose your role and get matched with out players. this would hopefully stop people from insta-locking a champion or just doing what ever they feel cause they didn't get the positions they wanted.
Well that my little 'rage' down just of late I have found this to be quite annoying.

Foxbyte

12-17-2012

I despise the idea of adding any kind of role-queue to the game, for a number of reasons:

1. Team compositions are now essentially chosen by the matchmaker instead of by players.
2. Role queues are a prime target for trolls who, say, choose ADC and then pick a mid.
3. Role queues will not assure that a person is good at their role, nor does it ensure that they will work with our team composition.
4. Regardless of what anyone argues, it DOES stagnate the meta because now you're limited to having 1 jungler, 1 mid, 1-2 tops, etc. See point #1.
5. LF1M support please.

So basically a role-queueing system would solve little to nothing while at the same time introducing new issues into the game which don't need to exist.

Nuadeilin

12-18-2012

I guess you could agree with Akali then "Will match making ever find a true balance"
I also assume the main reason i thought this would be better because the day i posted this i endured Q after Q with people just not co-operating with team and leading to our defeat

Foxbyte

12-18-2012

Oh, I totally agree that something needs to be done, but I think it needs to be something else.