Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Role Selection

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Str4wMan

12-16-2012

What if during the time you are selecting PVP, Ranked 5v5, Solo/duo.. you then select the role you wish you play.

So if you want to be the jungler you can just select "Jungle" and then the matchmaking can place you other people who have selected every other role and then you don't have obvious problems during champion select.

"I called top"

"no way man I'm top"

"but i called it first"

"pick in order!"

****dodge*****

Or you end up dealing with the bitter kid all game long cuz his role got stolen.

Idk the logistics of making this work with the matchmaking system but I really like this idea.

Foxbyte

12-17-2012

I despise the idea of adding any kind of role-queue to the game, for a number of reasons:

1. Team compositions are now essentially chosen by the matchmaker instead of by players.
2. Role queues are a prime target for trolls who, say, choose ADC and then pick a mid.
3. Role queues will not assure that a person is good at their role, nor does it ensure that they will work with our team composition.
4. Regardless of what anyone argues, it DOES stagnate the meta because now you're limited to having 1 jungler, 1 mid, 1-2 tops, etc. See point #1.
5. LF1M support please.

So basically a role-queueing system would solve little to nothing while at the same time introducing new issues into the game which don't need to exist.

Frost Unit

12-18-2012

Quote:
Wolfynsong:
I despise the idea of adding any kind of role-queue to the game, for a number of reasons:

1. Team compositions are now essentially chosen by the matchmaker instead of by players.
2. Role queues are a prime target for trolls who, say, choose ADC and then pick a mid.
3. Role queues will not assure that a person is good at their role, nor does it ensure that they will work with our team composition.
4. Regardless of what anyone argues, it DOES stagnate the meta because now you're limited to having 1 jungler, 1 mid, 1-2 tops, etc. See point #1.
5. LF1M support please.

So basically a role-queueing system would solve little to nothing while at the same time introducing new issues into the game which don't need to exist.

Solve little to nothing? It is pretty much the ONLY issue people have right now!
After implementing role selection, implement a way to report people who chose mid lane, but decide to go top. Make this ranked only, so you are free to play however you like in normal game modes. It doesn't ensure they will be good at their role, but how is that in any way different from what is ****ing going on right now?

Foxbyte

12-19-2012

Quote:
xSnipe:
Solve little to nothing? It is pretty much the ONLY issue people have right now!
After implementing role selection, implement a way to report people who chose mid lane, but decide to go top. Make this ranked only, so you are free to play however you like in normal game modes. It doesn't ensure they will be good at their role, but how is that in any way different from what is ****ing going on right now?

Oh, something certainly needs to be done about it, don't get me wrong.

Role-selection queueing just isn't the correct answer, IMO.