Can we get passed this "I CALLED MID" ****?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hi Its Mikasa

12-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyyB View Post
Different games have had role queues, for instance, WoW started using role queues for instances in Burning Crusade. I know, it's a completely different game type, but it worked pretty well. I feel if people queue as support they are wanting to support compared to the ones that don't call a role fast enough and get stuck as it. Obviously the people that queue as Top/Mid/Jungle would get the longest queue times because of the sheer volume of people that like doing those roles. RIOT makes a lot of money off this FTP game, I'm sure it's worth their time to integrate some kind of system that offers a solution to this bull **** one we have to work with now.

If players learned how to read the summoner code and become willing to compromise then no one would have to deal with, as you put it, "this bull ***".
Seriously the summoner code says
Being a good team player begins at champion select. Be open minded when considering the needs of your team. If youíre the last one to pick, try to fill a niche in your team that hasnít already been filled. If everyoneís picked and something stands out as a deficiency in your team composition, try asking for another player to fill the gap, or change roles to embrace that responsibility yourself. Remember, that by taking on a role you donít normally play, youíll learn more about unfamiliar champions and increase your own skill level.

It clearly states that each summoner should be open minded and considerate of the team's need and not your own need.
But because a lot of LoL players never read the code and are selfish they try and pick the roles that they think will get them the most kills. Sometimes this gets the team the win, but most times it does not. Working with your team mates in queue gives the team a better chance overall winning. And personally I'd rather have a win than having a loss where I went 10/0. Just saying guys, being considerate of the team is nothing new.

KnightxSScarlett

12-19-2012

If players learned that the meta isn't law, and that the summoner's code in no way enforces a meta, we wouldn't have this problem. I note that my mid laner is Karthus so I pick Ryze to keep enemies in place. I am filling the niche that is support mid!

Seriously guys, just roll with whatever and you'll find that you win more games through playing well than losing games and blaming some troll. Trusting your allies goes a long way.

Oh, and your title definitely has a grammatical error.

Hi Its Mikasa

12-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mageinta Warrior View Post
If players learned that the meta isn't law, and that the summoner's code in no way enforces a meta, we wouldn't have this problem. I note that my mid laner is Karthus so I pick Ryze to keep enemies in place. I am filling the niche that is support mid!

Seriously guys, just roll with whatever and you'll find that you win more games through playing well than losing games and blaming some troll. Trusting your allies goes a long way.

Oh, and your title definitely has a grammatical error.
I agree that the meta is not the law. I also agree that the summoner code does not enforce the meta. Yet if people realize that if they pick champions suited to the unfilled meta of the team you get a much better synergy and a much higher chance of victory.

Paralyzing

12-19-2012

yo voy mid ur nob jajaja

RebornMonk

12-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paralyzing View Post
yo voy mid ur nob jajaja
because he goes mid he is a noob?

Key

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-19-2012

Calling is a courtesy. For instance if I'm playing Ranked and I happen to be last pick I say: "Prefer ADC or Mid, otherwise I will fill would just really like to avoid jungle" and I almost never get Jungle, and I get ADC or Mid a lot of those times and if I don't I play a mean support. It's just courtesy, and if last pickcalls ADC first pick has mid and my third pick called Jungle/top/support I can and will take ADC because I prefer playing that.

If you can't play every role there's no point in playing ranked.

KlunkTheSpaceCat

12-19-2012

Role-based queuing. It's a good idea.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2744432

AndyyB

12-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0rac343 View Post
If players learned how to read the summoner code and become willing to compromise then no one would have to deal with, as you put it, "this bull ***".
Seriously the summoner code says
Being a good team player begins at champion select. Be open minded when considering the needs of your team. If youíre the last one to pick, try to fill a niche in your team that hasnít already been filled. If everyoneís picked and something stands out as a deficiency in your team composition, try asking for another player to fill the gap, or change roles to embrace that responsibility yourself. Remember, that by taking on a role you donít normally play, youíll learn more about unfamiliar champions and increase your own skill level.

It clearly states that each summoner should be open minded and considerate of the team's need and not your own need.
But because a lot of LoL players never read the code and are selfish they try and pick the roles that they think will get them the most kills. Sometimes this gets the team the win, but most times it does not. Working with your team mates in queue gives the team a better chance overall winning. And personally I'd rather have a win than having a loss where I went 10/0. Just saying guys, being considerate of the team is nothing new.

I agree, I am good about filling whatever role needs to be filled. I'm just getting tired of people that don't care and will not compromise.