Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Can we get passed this "I CALLED MID" ****?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Grollm

12-17-2012

You still find this in draft and ranked. It's even more infuriating in ranked, because I am a very much a team player. If you say, sorry I called mid first. I am going to look up your stats. If your last 3 games you've lost and fed, I'm going to ask you (before you pick) if you have another mid besides X(fill in the mid they've been sucking it up with) because your X isn't very good. If they say yeah I have Y I play too. Go to their ranked stats on Y, if Y is 1-7 too(or something else terrible), then convince them to let you mid since you(if you really do) have a higher win percentage and can carry. If person refuses to give into logic and still insists on mid, then just dodge. It's not worth playing a game where you KNOW going in your mid is bad and losing elo and 40 minutes of your life.

Beef All The Way

12-17-2012

1: "to get past x" is a coloquilism. so its spelled past not passed. (I hope this helps)

2: some people (like me) specialize in 2-3 roles. While I own and can play every champion, I am not very good at certain roles so I ask to go other roles which I specialize in. I have played every role in ranked for atleast 4 months each, but I have found Im only good at three. (ADC, Top, and Jungle)

WaltLongmire

12-17-2012

I find it much worse when champions are picked and the obvious mids refuse to go mid. The last time it happened to me, I had to mid against Ahri...with Amumu.

BlackDiamondFox

12-18-2012

I do call tbh because I'm better at some roles more than others (like I am literally the worst jungle NA and I've never topped). But I'm more than willing to compromise if someone prefers what I wanted. It's almost like I'm playing a team game that benefits from communication.

GFireflyE

12-18-2012

Quote:
Grollm:
You still find this in draft and ranked. It's even more infuriating in ranked, because I am a very much a team player. If you say, sorry I called mid first. I am going to look up your stats. If your last 3 games you've lost and fed, I'm going to ask you (before you pick) if you have another mid besides X(fill in the mid they've been sucking it up with) because your X isn't very good. If they say yeah I have Y I play too. Go to their ranked stats on Y, if Y is 1-7 too(or something else terrible), then convince them to let you mid since you(if you really do) have a higher win percentage and can carry. If person refuses to give into logic and still insists on mid, then just dodge. It's not worth playing a game where you KNOW going in your mid is bad and losing elo and 40 minutes of your life.

Well thought out and very true.

I've been in ruts before. If you're on a losing streak, take a break. Don't just keep demanding position X and feeding.

Azerax53

12-18-2012

Quote:
BlazzedTroll:
When I join a lobby and I pick viegar (or insert other MID or any other position for that matter). Then in a few seconds I start to type mid because no one has. and literally a millisecond earlier you send mid. That doesn't mead you "Called mid"... that doesn't mean you get mid. I already picked... learn to recognize positions. Not like I picked Malph and then waited and called top with smite as my sum spell... I picked a player only viable mid when following META.
This is why a pre-game lobby chat log would be no better than the in game one. You can't tell what people are doing in game.
Can we get rid of these players that think pulling the old copy-pasta "I'm going mid faqqots" ready for the second lobby starts up. Because I am tired of them getting mid and then feeding anyway. When ever someone calls a position as soon as lobby pops and refuses to do anything else. That is just as bad as an insta-lock. I don't see why people don't get that. How is *lobby open* *pick* *lock* any different than
*lobby open* "IM GOING MID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" "NOPE I CALLED IT" "NOPE" "NOPE" "CALLED IT" "I CALLED IT FIRST TO BAD FAQQOT!!!!!" "I GOT MID"....just because you didn't hit the lock in button... doesn't mean you aren't ****ing up.

You have to call in draft because other team members get to pick first so if you don't call your role then you don't get that role and that is why people call before picking in blind normal games, they think the same rules apply.Play draft you'll have to call your role too.

xMrSmilesx

Recruiter

12-18-2012

I want to assume that OP meant when he is in a blind pick lobby, since he is able to pick a champ then 'call' his role. I have the same complaint, but when people do that to me like the OP has, I say 'too bad' or 'look at champ selection'

Worse case, I decide to send my mid with them, and if they complain I dont care. Is that trolling? Not sure, I could say the second person was the troll since I picked a 'mid' champ (or any other role for that matter). In my experience, when I pull that 'maturity' against the 'caller' we usually win the game because we changed the meta.

However if this is draft mode, then rule of thumb would be to let the higher pick have their choice.

Iliketurtle

12-18-2012

A
G
R
E
e
D

Kyant123108

Recruiter

12-18-2012

I hope you didn't lock in before determining what role everyone was playing.

I hope you realize that the person who posted a millisecond before you has just as much right to start a thread about the exact same thing except in his case he said the word mid a millisecond before you and not the other way around.

Its no longer Season 2 so roll with the punches because the meta is no longer the same. Please do not bring your Season 2 meta to Season 3 because things have changed.

uPuffMyJigglies

12-19-2012

I also hate it when someone picks a champ and doesn't compromise with the team... and I especially hate it when someone locks in the second they get in the lobby, and then they go "it's a normal game get over it..." really pisses me off... each game lasts 20-60 minutes of your life... don't feel like playing a game where you don't have any team comp... everyone should have at least one champ for each spot. Ranked is a good way to avoid this problem, but I fear playing a bad game and having your team scream at you for being such a noob and just truly ruining the game for you. So people should realize normal blind pick games are there for the people that aren't godly amazing at this game and each champion selection should be taken seriously...