Can we get passed this "I CALLED MID" ****?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Coppersky

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlazzedTroll View Post
you would try to correct grammar you don't understand.

http://www.dailywritingtips.com/passed-vs-past/

idiot.

The word is passed because it is an action I am asking people to do...
Past is a tense or place in time.
You are very much mistaken, which becomes all the more hilarious when you call someone else an idiot.

As to the more general subject of the thread, that's why you call a lane before you pick. What I really wish we could get past is people who ignore calls and think they can go wherever they want in every game, then act like it's other people's fault when they lose.

Whatdidyoudo

12-16-2012

Until Riot decides to have roles qued before teams are made, this will be a problem. This all falls on Riots decision.
I wish we knew the name of the guy that decided, " Nope, I wont allow roles to be qued"

ElDynamite

12-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlazzedTroll View Post
you would try to correct grammar you don't understand.

http://www.dailywritingtips.com/passed-vs-past/

idiot.

The word is passed because it is an action I am asking people to do...
Past is a tense or place in time.
Wrong. Passed/Past in this case is an adverb describing "get". Therefore it would be "past" as shown by the link you posted.

Although the other guy shouldn't be making a deal out of grammar. This is the internet.

ASecretAgentMan

12-16-2012

So you are getting mad at people for typing "mid" before you do? What is the difference between picking a champion that normally goes mid lane instead of saying what position you prefer in chat? Both are ways that people indicate what role they prefer to play and neither one has more merit than the other. I prefer to call roles and then if people don't instalock usually a calm discussion and negotiation ensues, (no offense but I also get the sense that you instalock a lot) I'm also guessing that someone didn't just let the baby have his bottle a few too many times too and picked a character to go mid anyways. This issue will never be solved until Riot puts a several second delay to the select/lock champions functions giving people time to discuss what roles they are willing or not willing to play.

OHNOSROFLCOPTER

12-16-2012

The other day in a blind pick I called mid and then after I did that someone auto-locked kassadin for mid and said "Nope, I'm going mid."

I really wanted to play in the mid lane that game but this quite rude person (he was insulting me the entire game) auto locked. If we had discussed before hand I would have given it to him.

Oh... he went 1/5/2 and fed Katarina like crazy.

BlazzedTroll

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElDynamite View Post
Wrong. Passed/Past in this case is an adverb describing "get". Therefore it would be "past" as shown by the link you posted.

Although the other guy shouldn't be making a deal out of grammar. This is the internet.
I know... posted a link to the page. But I was just trying to argue. I hate when people get off about these kinds of things. Thought it would be fun. Didn't mean to call the grammar police.

Guess that got out of hand fast, glad it's in the passed. Whew!

Karmah Ownz

12-16-2012

I just sit there and wait till all the roles are picked then take the last one O.o.. Unless I'm playing ranked and I know my dominant role.. then I just ask for it if they say no, ok moving on.. I'll try a different role!

BlazzedTroll

12-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHNOSROFLCOPTER View Post
The other day in a blind pick I called mid and then after I did that someone auto-locked kassadin for mid and said "Nope, I'm going mid."

I really wanted to play in the mid lane that game but this quite rude person (he was insulting me the entire game) auto locked. If we had discussed before hand I would have given it to him.

Oh... he went 1/5/2 and fed Katarina like crazy.
Yea, that's just as bad.
The thing is people will do w\e they want.
They will watch a whole team get picked still be sitting there afk and then do random?
I really want their to be a pregame lobby chat log that logs what players are picked when.

This is ridiculous. This happens 3/5 games in pregame lobby. Cause loss 2/5 games. Is just obnoxious 1/5 the time. Needs to be ended. They spend enough time sending waved permabans they should be able to integrate a new platform to the tribal counsels.

Zaubo

12-17-2012

I feel like a preference of role check box would suit the game well. Before you queue, so can check box the roles you would like to play for that particular game. Then, when matchmaking places you with people, it does so based of the roles selected, ensuring everyone is on a team that has little issues with champion and role selection.

DarthWhore

12-17-2012

problem is someone can queue saying they will support ( to get a game fast) and then still pick a mid/top/adc champ.

hence role queue will not work as intended.

the only way is for riot to make a map with 5 streams of gold (4 lanes and a jungle). then there is no point calling roles. only jungler will call his role others can do what they want.