How is Nami's passive?

Should have a higher movement speed bonus. 29 16.86%
Should have a longer duration. 72 41.86%
Both of the above. 35 20.35%
It's perfectly. 36 20.93%
Voters: 172. You may not vote on this poll

Nami Passive Poll

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IceTryGuy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-16-2012

It needs to be longer, definitely. It hardly makes a difference due to the extremely short time in which it has any effect. It also might be a good idea to change its interaction with her E and make it give a speedbuff the entire time it's active that delays over time.

L1ON

12-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhailRaptor View Post
Either the burst of speed needs to be bigger, or it needs to last longer. It's barely noticable in any situation.

Her ult also needs to continuously apply it to allies who stay with it.
This sums it up nicely. I hadn't considered that synergy with the ult which would be awesome.

Maybe it will get attention in the next patch... clearly the majority find it too weak!

2pudge1cup

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-17-2012

i wouldn't mind if it was stackable maybe but the 30 ms isn't noticeable until it saves your ass much like janna's passive.

only difference is that 30 is about 8-9% of your base ms rahter than janna's which is 3.

L1ON

12-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2pudge1cup View Post
i wouldn't mind if it was stackable maybe but the 30 ms isn't noticeable until it saves your ass much like janna's passive.

only difference is that 30 is about 8-9% of your base ms rahter than janna's which is 3.
True, but Janna's is available with 100% uptime and 100% range, which is very different. And her percent based increase scales better, of course.

Although it is admittedly a skill and not a passive, I think Sona's Song of Celerity is a better comparison:

Quote:
STANCE – PERSISTENT AURA: Sona plays the Song of Celerity, granting nearby allied champions bonus flat movement speed until she changes stances.
MOVEMENT SPEED: 4 / 8 / 12 / 16 / 20
AURA DIAMETER: 2000
So she provides 2/3 of Nami's passive bonus automatically, all the time, in this stance.

Quote:
ACTIVATION: Sona energizes nearby allies with an additional burst of speed for 1.5 seconds.
BONUS MOVEMENT SPEED: 6% / 8% / 10% / 12% / 14%
TARGETING DIAMETER: 2000
Now on top of that, here is a nice, big, noticeable bonus with only a 7 second cooldown.

Again, Sona's is a skill, not a passive, so I realize Nami's should not be as strong. Still, the difference is kind of ridiculous.

Tosin Loads

12-17-2012

She has 2 spells that can give MS, so increasing it to 2 secs really means a 4 secs MS buff if you use it on the same person. Not to mention her heal can bounce to multiple teammates & give them the buff as well.

I feel it's in a good spot.

Tosin Loads

12-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by L1ÍN View Post
True, but Janna's is available with 100% uptime and 100% range, which is very different. And her percent based increase scales better, of course.

Although it is admittedly a skill and not a passive, I think Sona's Song of Celerity is a better comparison:

So she provides 2/3 of Nami's passive bonus automatically, all the time, in this stance.

Now on top of that, here is a nice, big, noticeable bonus with only a 7 second cooldown.

Again, Sona's is a skill, not a passive, so I realize Nami's should not be as strong. Still, the difference is kind of ridiculous.
You answered this yourself, Sona's is a skill, not a passive.
Also, Sona doesn't have a spammable AOE stun every 10 secs.

Every support should not have the exact abilites w/ diff particles & names..

L1ON

12-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tosin Loads View Post
You answered this yourself, Sona's is a skill, not a passive.
Also, Sona doesn't have a spammable AOE stun every 10 secs.

Every support should not have the exact abilites w/ diff particles & names..
The "passive" on Sona's skill is almost as good as Nami's passive, and then she gets a huge scaling boost on activation. It's not even close. Some champions get stronger passives (*cough* Darius) and some get weaker ones, but the bonus movement for Nami is really brief AND not really noticeable which doesn't seem quite right.

Tosin Loads

12-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by L1ÍN View Post
The "passive" on Sona's skill is almost as good as Nami's passive, and then she gets a huge scaling boost on activation. It's not even close. Some champions get stronger passives (*cough* Darius) and some get weaker ones, but the bonus movement for Nami is really brief AND not really noticeable which doesn't seem quite right.
Right, again you are comparing abilities to passives.

Claws Of Lyco

12-17-2012

her passive is fine imo reasonable spam of her abilities you can usually get someone to safety

L1ON

12-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tosin Loads View Post
Right, again you are comparing abilities to passives.
Hemorrhage
Quote:
Darius' basic attacks and damaging abilities cause enemies to bleed for 12 / 15 / 18 / 21 / 24 / 27 / 30 / 33 / 36 (+ 30% Bonus AD) magic damage over 5 seconds, stacking up to 5 times.
Darius gains 5% movement speed for each bleeding enemy champion.
Toxic Shot
Quote:
Teemo deals extra magic damage with his autoattacks. Additionally, his attacks will poison the target, dealing magic damage each second for 4 seconds. This poison will not stack but the duration will be refreshed with every subsequent attack.
MAGIC DAMAGE ON HIT: 10 / 20 / 30 / 40 / 50 (+ 30% AP)
MAGIC DAMAGE PER SECOND: 6 / 12 / 18 / 24 / 30 (+ 10% AP)
TOTAL MAGIC DAMAGE: 34 / 68 / 102 / 136 / 170 (+ 70% AP)
Oops, I did it again. There is nothing wrong with comparing things as long as you acknowledge each kit should be considered as a whole. In the case of Nami, I think most people find that her kit is strong but not so strong as to warrant a passive that isn't even noticeable.