@Hippalus Future of Limited Skin Trade?

123456 ... 8
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Best Furry NA

12-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chhipz View Post
Hippaulus willingly admits that 2,000 upvotes is too great a task, yet he is the one who placed the standard... Obviously decreasing the upvotes is one [obvious] suggestion but I feel he wants something more permanent, so here I go.

I believe in simple solutions. The trade system (for the time being) should resemble a custom game lobby, where you can create rooms and choose your skins as if you're trading cards. There should be an option to add IP and RP in addition to the value of the trade. Before the trade is finalized, a code will be generated and sent to each person's email associated with their account. After both parties retrieve and enter their code, then the trade will be verified and the transaction will be allowed.

Since this will be a new system, there should be certain limitations set in place before Riot is comfortable with making things more complex. Limitations include: only allow trading between 2 people at a time (add 3 or more later), limit the amount of trades a player can make (for example, 1 or 2 trades every month), and lastly the legal issues may take time to resolve in each country, but this system should be released gradually to each country as these legal issues are dealt with.
+1, I think this is the best idea I have read so far. RIOT, PLS... Seriously though, this just freaking nails it.

ChildsPlay

12-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chhipz View Post
Hippaulus willingly admits that 2,000 upvotes is too great a task, yet he is the one who placed the standard... Obviously decreasing the upvotes is one [obvious] suggestion but I feel he wants something more permanent, so here I go.

I believe in simple solutions. The trade system (for the time being) should resemble a custom game lobby, where you can create rooms and choose your skins as if you're trading cards. There should be an option to add IP and RP in addition to the value of the trade. Before the trade is finalized, a code will be generated and sent to each person's email associated with their account. After both parties retrieve and enter their code, then the trade will be verified and the transaction will be allowed.

Since this will be a new system, there should be certain limitations set in place before Riot is comfortable with making things more complex. Limitations include: only allow trading between 2 people at a time (add 3 or more later), limit the amount of trades a player can make (for example, 1 or 2 trades every month), and lastly the legal issues may take time to resolve in each country, but this system should be released gradually to each country as these legal issues are dealt with.
I like this a lot. Finalizing trades by an email verification code would certainly thwart any rise in account hacking. I also agree that we should be limited to 1 or 2 trades each month, otherwise trading could get out of hand. And I assume you meant trading only for limited edition skins because I doubt Riot would want/permit all skins to be freely traded. Great idea!

ChildsPlay

12-16-2012

Bump!

ChildsPlay

12-16-2012

Bump!

Best Furry NA

12-16-2012

I'll bump for ya.

The Real Riggz

12-16-2012

bump

I put you in my thread so others will be able to find it.

Tycoon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-16-2012

Bumping for you

ChildsPlay

12-16-2012

Thank you for the bumps! They help a lot!

ChildsPlay

12-16-2012

Bump!

ChildsPlay

12-16-2012

Bump!

123456 ... 8