Syndra and xerath

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Apaulcalypse NOW

07-30-2013

Why do these 2 not have some sort of relationship such as peers, or master student. They both seem to be all about true power maybe syndra agrees with xerath at first but would rather be in control...iono something seems like these 2 would be on the same page as far as story telling goes.

Neyren

07-30-2013

They both pretty much have the same goals in mind; getting more powerful.

Overlord Forte

07-30-2013

Syndra is presumably pursuing a solitary path because the last teacher/adviser she had tried stripping all her power from her.

Xerath is more concerned with removing Shurima's final shackles on his ascended form.

The two occupy a level of power well beyond most everything else on the planet, but their business is relatively separate. I imagine once Xerath is free he'll depart from the Runeterran plane to go elsewhere.

oldRakdos

07-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overlord Forte View Post
Syndra is presumably pursuing a solitary path because the last teacher/adviser she had tried stripping all her power from her.

Xerath is more concerned with removing Shurima's final shackles on his ascended form.

The two occupy a level of power well beyond most everything else on the planet, but their business is relatively separate. I imagine once Xerath is free he'll depart from the Runeterran plane to go elsewhere.
Syndria is just a powerful mage, Xerath is literally a being made of energy and probably when he remove the shackles he will more powerfull than any mage, maybe his only rival is Ryze because Ryze is now a being similar to Xerath

Overlord Forte

07-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldRakdos View Post
Syndria is just a powerful mage, Xerath is literally a being made of energy and probably when he remove the shackles he will more powerfull than any mage, maybe his only rival is Ryze because Ryze is now a being similar to Xerath
The key difference here is that Xerath has done his ascension into a higher form; it is unclear if it is necessary for Syndra to do the same. Her 'limitless potential' is a huge X factor in what it could mean. For her, it might not be necessary to sacrifice her physical form in order to achieve the same (or greater) power than Xerath.

It's an interesting area that comes down to artistic license until its developed further.

Melancholy Exile

07-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulking View Post
Wouldn't Syndra fell the need to help in freeing Xerath of his prison? He is basically what would have happened to her if the Old Mage were strong enough to contain her,

I mean, the new lore direction want to give more freedom to the league champions, and in this I see a very symbiotic relationship, Xerath move to Syndra's floating fortress and become his tutor (since he is the result of pure arcane power knowledge unleashed) in exchange of Syndra's help to find a way to break free of his shackles (since at this point I'm sure Xerath realize how the league is not really interesting in free him form his coffin, only use him for their needs).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrow View Post
Yeah, I think this is very much a possibility.
The simple answer to the OP's question really boils down to: Because the guys at Riot haven't written about it yet.

Baal Haded

07-30-2013

They have entirely different goals in mind, and Xerath is likely not one for company, considering that he left everything, including the woman he loved, behind in pursuit of magical ability. Syndra would similarly not be one for company when you consider how she's been betrayed by everyone else in her life. She's sort of a victim of the fact that she was shunned and betrayed by society.

Anyway, Xerath wants to remove his binds, whereas Syndra wants to learn to become more powerful. Aiding each other would benefit only one of them since both goals could not reasonably be completed without going out of their way to help the other, which inherently hinders their own goals.