You had to fix Rengar's base Hp/5 since you nerfed W's heal

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Krshna

12-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statikk View Post
Rengar has been a complicated situation.

Our initial approach to the champion was to chip at him until we put him in a good spot. Unfortunately, it turns out there are core mechanics on the kit (ie: % Health based heal, a huge Armor / MR buff, instant stealth) that simply don't fit the gameplay patterns we were trying to create for Rengar...thus we began to gut / remove them.

For example, his stealth duration was nerfed due to the fact that it was instant, but we have now made it non-instant. This leaves his ult feeling more lackluster than ever. The end result is a huge mistake on our part where Rengar is both weak and unsatisfying to play.

Classick and I are currently working on buffing Rengar back into a state where we feel more comfortable with his gameplay. Some of the changes include re-increasing the stealth duration back to create the prowling feel again and adjusting the W heal to be a flat heal based on champion level. We're still working out all of the specifics but we know we took a faulty approach to Rengar's balance for the past few patches.

good guy statikk +1

Krshna

12-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSlappySlap View Post
This is good to hear. I just refunded Rengar at 975 RP but I'll gladly pay 487 RP for him when he goes on sale after he is fixed.
Or there's also this crazy thing called IP

Servantofthe99

12-17-2012

Quote:

Our initial approach to the champion was to chip at him until we put him in a good spot. Unfortunately, it turns out there are core mechanics on the kit (ie: % Health based heal, a huge Armor / MR buff, instant stealth) that simply don't fit the gameplay patterns we were trying to create for Rengar...thus we began to gut / remove them.

For example, his stealth duration was nerfed due to the fact that it was instant, but we have now made it non-instant. This leaves his ult feeling more lackluster than ever. The end result is a huge mistake on our part where Rengar is both weak and unsatisfying to play.

Classick and I are currently working on buffing Rengar back into a state where we feel more comfortable with his gameplay. Some of the changes include re-increasing the stealth duration back to create the prowling feel again and adjusting the W heal to be a flat heal based on champion level. We're still working out all of the specifics but we know we took a faulty approach to Rengar's balance for the past few patches.

an ult that gives a movespeed and a delayed low duration stealth with a long cooldown doesn't really make sense. up to 3s delay if he's hit...how the heck is he supposed to escape?

Krshna

12-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by USnip View Post
I hope you guys put equal focus on making sure the players playing against rengar have fun. His tanky DPS build is pretty toxic but actually the assassin AD build is just as unfun to play against. I would really rather never have him viable than see him on the opposing team and know that as a squishy, I'm going to be exploded without counterplay several times throughout the game. In my opinion he is yorick level toxic.

I hope what you guys do is hit his upfront burst damage really hard and give him more sustained damage, like a longer Q duration or something, so that he'll be a melee carry instead of an assassin or tanky dps. I don't want rengar to exist with either of those builds in my games.
lol at yorick level toxic. yorick has to be one of the most useless champs in the game right now

Wero34

12-17-2012

Quote:

Glad to read this. Good luck

Noxious Seraph

12-17-2012

Quote:

It should be a heal based on champion level +5% of max hp or something like that, the % really helps, if you just make it a flat amount based on level nobody will build him tanky and just 1 shot people, all or nothing rengar will be his new name.

DONGLORD420

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-17-2012

Quote:

thank you based god

ArtisticVision

12-17-2012

Wow this is the exact opposite of what people are saying about Diana... ( that they should Nerf base stats instead of kit)

PrincessDerpy

12-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by USnip View Post
I hope you guys put equal focus on making sure the players playing against rengar have fun. His tanky DPS build is pretty toxic but actually the assassin AD build is just as unfun to play against. I would really rather never have him viable than see him on the opposing team and know that as a squishy, I'm going to be exploded without counterplay several times throughout the game.
If you are even with him in level, he cannot explode anyone in the game with a double Q.

Anyone. Not even mother****ing Sona, queen of not having armor or HP. He actually has to make use of the AS steroid to follow up, and this makes him incredibly vulnerable to being peeled and pounded into pavement.

What you don't like is that people have to react to you being assaulted, and they have to react QUICKLY, they don't have 5 seconds to waffle around before doing something, because you're gonna die in 2-3.

PrincessDerpy

12-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Servantofthe99 View Post
an ult that gives a movespeed and a delayed low duration stealth with a long cooldown doesn't really make sense. up to 3s delay if he's hit...how the heck is he supposed to escape?
Pretty sure the exact intent of the nerf was to make the defensive use harder to achieve. Plus Statikk already said the duration is going to get increased.