You had to fix Rengar's base Hp/5 since you nerfed W's heal

First Riot Post
123456 ... 12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JEST3R 4d3

12-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 0regon Trail View Post
I would take his buggy release state over what he has become now. At least back then I enjoyed playing him.

GOD YES. I wish i could up vote you a hundred times.

IonDragonX

12-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeigneurLemieux View Post
A little statistic:
Rengar's HP/5 at lvl 18 : 11.2
Riven's hp/5 at lvl ONE: 11.3
You forgot this one:
Rengar at lvl 1 : 4.4 (lowest of all champs)
Sivir at lvl 1 : 4.8 (2nd lowest of all champs)

Number of champs with 4.9 to 5.9 at level 1 : 38!
Ryze, Gangplank, Annie, Heimerdinger, Janna, LeBlanc, Lux , Malzahar, Corki, Brand, Ashe, Nami, Sona, Soraka, Varus, Vayne, Veigar, Twisted Fate, Zilean, Anivia, Fiddlesticks, Karma, Kennen, Caitlyn, Elise, Morgana, Teemo, Cassiopeia, Zyra, Kog'Maw, Xerath, Nidalee, Twitch, Draven, Miss Fortune, Tristana, Wukong, Ziggs

And he scales the worst of any! It's sick. He's 10 to 20% lower than the worst in the league.

You have to understand that Rengar can't effectively use his W to heal until about level 4. Levels 1-3, he can't generate Ferocity often enough for his heal to matter.

I've collected a lot of these in the Beta forum:
Quote:
Originally Posted by IonDragonX View Post
He's been hit with something like eight nerfs to his original kit now.
There HAS to be some EARLY REINFORCEMENT so that Rengar jungle the way that he was designed!!
Please increase his buff durations by 2 seconds! Increase his base health per second back to what it was! Give back the 7 second stealth if you see fit to make a long delay for it to activate!

RexSaur

12-16-2012

10% heal is still a lot on a resourceless champ.

JEST3R 4d3

12-16-2012

im going to periodically bump this thread.

SeigneurLemieux

12-16-2012

I think base stats for all champions should be reviewed by Riot so there is some sort of general consensus of what a ADC should have, a bruiser should have, a melee carry should have, a mage should have, etc. Why does Annie have one of the worst base stats in the game, for example?

Yes some specific champs need adjustment (Reng has a heal, GP has a heal, hence lower hp/5) but those adjusments shouldn't be so drastic.

SeigneurLemieux

12-16-2012

Bumping, and adding: there are MANY champions who have no mana-cost sustains. Most of them, like rengar, need creeps to be around (fuel that empowered ability) but most of them, unlike rengar, can spam em as soon as its on CD. Reng has to go through his skillset almost twice first.

SeigneurLemieux

12-16-2012

Anymore thoughts?

Invooke

12-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felaedor View Post
Ironically, Rengar was actually a bit weak on release because he had so much delay on his skills.

It was a headache to play.
As soon as my friend bought Rengar we played a 5s game and he jungled. He was 15-0 by 20 minutes and the enemy team surrender as we took their second nexus turret.

I knew then and there that Rengar would soon join Urgot, however, I didn't think it would take this long.

LatPullDown

12-16-2012

If they nerfed his W to lower his sustain why would they then buff his sustain? Do people not understand how balancing works?

IonDragonX

12-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LatPullDown View Post
If they nerfed his W to lower his sustain why would they then buff his sustain? Do people not understand how balancing works?
They nerfed his sustain because they didn't understand the strength of his heal. Now they are nerfing his heal but not giving his sustain back. This is stupid and players who are experienced with Rengar know it.

123456 ... 12