There is absolutely no reason at all for there to be Tier 1 and Tier 2 runes.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

oPLURo

12-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purgation View Post
Simple solution - don't buy them. I didn't, it was fine.
Someone here ain't getting the point.

SmokingPuffin

12-18-2012

Tier 2 runes are utterly pointless.

Tier 1 runes provide excellent bang for the buck and are totally worth buying before level 20.

Bohinta

12-18-2012

T1 are like 1/10 of the price for half the effectiveness of T3. They make complete sense for people who never even get to level 20. (Which is a substantial number of players)

T2 Runes are a complete noob trap.

oPLURo

12-18-2012

bump

oPLURo

12-18-2012

bump

Sn0wY

12-18-2012

i agree as well its kinda like noob trap to buy t1 and t2 i wish they would just give everyone 2 basic t1 sets on a new account and let them purchase t3 at level 1. I think this would increase in the department of "buying more rune pages with real money"

Saphíra

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-18-2012

T1 is fine, you can combine them to get cheap runes at level 30 (Can't choose though, 375 each rune)
T2 on the other hand is just a waste of money.

And they give some nice boosts before level 20.

Calderweiss

12-18-2012

I think ricklessabandon already addressed this. They can really help new players. Tier 2 are a lot better, though. They do help, but we all know it builds up to tier 3 runes. Plus it only take till 20 to get tier 3, so don't whine. I do think the extra early ip should be used on champs though, depends on how you want to play.

raynac

12-18-2012

I completely disagree with the original poster. While tier two runes are actually pretty crappie. Tier one runes are incredibly efficient they give you a good amount to stats for almost no cost at all.

Thus it is my position that if you're going to remove runes remove tier two runes.

oPLURo

12-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by raynac View Post
I completely disagree with the original poster. While tier two runes are actually pretty crappie. Tier one runes are incredibly efficient they give you a good amount to stats for almost no cost at all.

Thus it is my position that if you're going to remove runes remove tier two runes.
Or just make t3 runes available to all levels.