There is absolutely no reason at all for there to be Tier 1 and Tier 2 runes.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ZeroKuno

12-18-2012

Some Tier 1 runes are better than Tier 3 in cost because the increase of Power on some of the runes is so negligible that there is a 1 point difference in power but a 2000 IP difference in price.

Some Tier 2 Runes are better than Tier 3 but no one uses those runes.

Laszlø

12-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by peonicscrub View Post
i like buying mass T1 runes to runecombine when i have 0 runes tyvm

if you combine T1 runes it comes out cheaper than 1 T3 rune, and you may even get a quint

when you have a very small amount of runes it's perty good
if you had no runes and your intent was to own all of the runes, this definitely would save you IP... but most people would rather own all champs with limited runes than all runes with limited champs

besides, its the little things like...
who are armor seals bad on? ... no one. you don't need any seals that aren't armor.
and if you run MR blues on every single page you have? they'll be great 90% of the time.
even MS quints can be considered universal (especially with the recent MS changes imo)

Taliesin

12-18-2012

I buy 19 of the 15 IP runes (and one 40 IP quint) while leveling to 20. That's all of 310 IP. I then combine them. Last time, I got a quint worth 1025.

So, to review: buying the cheapest available runes as I leveled not only gave me a boost while doing so, but also saved me 715 IP.

Problem?

oPLURo

12-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroKuno View Post
Some Tier 1 runes are better than Tier 3 in cost because the increase of Power on some of the runes is so negligible that there is a 1 point difference in power but a 2000 IP difference in price.

Some Tier 2 Runes are better than Tier 3 but no one uses those runes.
What tier 2 runes are more powerful than their tier 3 counterparts?

Purgation

12-18-2012

Simple solution - don't buy them. I didn't, it was fine.

Supaka

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-18-2012

Upvoted, noob trap.

TornadoOfBees

12-18-2012

I would like to point out that tier 1 runes are ludicrously cheap and are about 50% of the stats you get with tier 3 runes. Most players would prefer to unlock champions rather than runes until lvl 30 and unlocking a full runepage for a single champion takes a fair amount of games. You can have a full page of tier 1 runes for around 1/10th the cost of a ful page of tier 3 runes. The cost of a single 820 rune is almost 18 slots worth of tier 1 runes, so you can get them to have an edge over other players who don't have all their tier 3 runes without really slowing down your rune gains(assuming you both spend most of your ip at lvl 30 on tier 3 runes instead of buying champions)

Hyou

12-18-2012

Blocked till 20 is the way to go :/

TornadoOfBees

12-18-2012

And then after you've got your tier 3 runes, you can combine your tier 1 runes and probably have a fair start on another page over your opponent who only bought tier 3s

TimeWhisp

12-18-2012

I agree the tier 2 and tier 1 runes are noob traps that serve no other purpose except to waste their IP. I was lucky and had someone to tell me to never get runes until I could unlock tier 3 runes at level 20. I have a lot of people I met online who weren't so lucky. This type of trap has no place in the game as all it causes is ill will for new players.