There is absolutely no reason at all for there to be Tier 1 and Tier 2 runes.

12345612 ... 17
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JurisDictum

12-16-2012

I agree. One of those things that probably seemed like a better idea back when the game was new.
Just allowing level 20+ (or whatever it is) runes from level 1 I think is fine...its not like you have that many rune slots unlocked anyway. It would also make stuff like jungle viable at a lower level. I think it would help newer players more interested in one of the key aspects of the game. rather than having them play like 100 games before they can even use runes that are worth spending IP on.

Enviously

12-16-2012

By your logic, there's no point of level 1-29.

The point is to ease new players into the game without overloading them with information at once. LoL is already a knowledge-intensive game; having to learn runes, masteries as well as champions and gameplay is a lot.

If you think it's a good idea to just dump new players into the game without proper training, you may as well argue to unlock all champions and Ranked for these players too.

peonicscrub

12-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by oPLURo View Post
And I clearly said that it isn't.

At all.

The most efficient way of filling your pages is buying the runes you want.

For instance why would I gamble for Flat AD quints when I can just save up and buy them directly.

Waste of ip.

Insulting me isn't required.
your tiny mind just can't grasp the concept of needing more than one rune

When you have empty pages, you need ALOT of runes. There's more runes that will be used than runes that won't be used

410 ip for runes that could cost 820 each, or even a quint is well worth it when you'll hit a majority of the time and end up with a rune you'll use. (this is using T3 runes, its way cheaper doing T1 runes)

If you can't see the simple math that over the average its way cheaper to do rune combining till you could hit duplicates alot, then go back to school.

oPLURo

12-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enviously View Post
By your logic, there's no point of level 1-29.

The point is to ease new players into the game without overloading them with information at once. LoL is already a knowledge-intensive game; having to learn runes, masteries as well as champions and gameplay is a lot.

If you think it's a good idea to just dump new players into the game without proper training, you may as well argue to unlock all champions and Ranked for these players too.
No, by my logic, its a waste of IP to ever spend any ip on runes ever until level 20. (I don't even know where this 21-29 came from... you can get tier 3 runes from level 20 on.)

I learned HOW TO PLAY from levels 1-30, and even after leveling 3 accounts to level 30, this one being my fourth, I still learn about the game.

Wasting my IP on tier one and two runes... kinda silly. Give me them later on as tier three runes.

Buying tier 1 runes didn't help me learn how to play.

oPLURo

12-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by peonicscrub View Post
your tiny mind just can't grasp the concept of needing more than one rune

When you have empty pages, you need ALOT of runes. There's more runes that will be used than runes that won't be used

410 ip for runes that could cost 820 each, or even a quint is well worth it when you'll hit a majority of the time and end up with a rune you'll use. (this is using T3 runes, its way cheaper doing T1 runes)

If you can't see the simple math that over the average its way cheaper to do rune combining till you could hit duplicates alot, then go back to school.
I will be ignoring all posts from you from now on, seeing as you cannot have a conversation without insulting whoever it is you are talking to.

I didn't say it was "cheaper" so if you want to insult someone maybe you yourself should learn to read.

I'm saying it is more time efficient to buy specific runes to fill up pages. That is a fact. Period.

Keep your horrible attitude and name calling of this thread please.

fgtbears

12-16-2012

Another alternative is to just offer tier 3 runes at level 1. I think tier 1 runes are fine though. They cost nearly nothing and people new to the game should want to buy champions first anyways.

Labrinth

12-16-2012

Pluro is just mad because his main account got banned ;s

oPLURo

12-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labrinth View Post
Pluro is just mad because his main account got banned ;s
Hey man I'm going through that right now lol It stings.

peonicscrub

12-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by oPLURo View Post
I will be ignoring all posts from you from now on, seeing as you cannot have a conversation without insulting whoever it is you are talking to.

I didn't say it was "cheaper" so if you want to insult someone maybe you yourself should learn to read.

I'm saying it is more time efficient to buy specific runes to fill up pages. That is a fact. Period.

Keep your horrible attitude and name calling of this thread please.
actually it isn't, because you gotta grind the ip

once again tiny mind can't figure out even the most simple of things

Labrinth

12-16-2012

You should try fighting real people dont bot games get boring?

12345612 ... 17