There is absolutely no reason at all for there to be Tier 1 and Tier 2 runes.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Chrisklol

12-19-2012

I would be happy if you could transform runes.
Like 3 T1 = 1 T2 and 3 T2 = 1 T3
Or
Trade them back in for 75% of cost

Because let's be honest, every game needs a time sink, and this is the built in time sink/ money maker.

oPLURo

12-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisklol View Post
I would be happy if you could transform runes.
Like 3 T1 = 1 T2 and 3 T2 = 1 T3
Or
Trade them back in for 75% of cost

Because let's be honest, every game needs a time sink, and this is the built in time sink/ money maker.

No, tier 3 runes are a time sink, the fact that tier 1 and 2 runes exist is ridiculous.

Kalasen

12-19-2012

I'm teaching my cousin how to play LoL, and I'm advising her to get a single page of tier 1 runes that are AD reds, armor yellows, mr/level blues, and AD/level quints. Less than 600 IP for the whole page of 30, and it will be useful all the way up until she gets her first full tier 3 rune page... which will cost 1025x2+205*27=8610 IP. Tier 1 runes give over half the stats that tier 3 runes do, for a smidge more than one of the cheapest champions. I'd even go so far as to say she should consider tier 1 spell pen marks and AP quints for AP champions until she finishes her tier 3 AP page.

It's the tier 2 that aren't effective, being not a big jump in stats for a big jump in cost, and unlike tier 3 runes, they aren't tier 3 runes you're going to keep permanently. Also the rune combiner is pretty trash, as you don't have infinite rune pages to fine tune with, and you only really want the armor or mana regen seals and mr/level glyphs, AD or spell pen marks, and AD or AP or g10 quints. If the combiner throws you almost anything else, you aren't going to be using it. I've only used the rune combiner to redeem some of that ~600 IP I spent on tier 1 runes. I got lucky with a mana regen yellow and a flat MR blue that I'm still using.

oPLURo

12-19-2012

Everyone has their own opinion, I'm just glad I got more upvotes than downs.

oPLURo

12-19-2012

bump

Pink Punk Zebra

12-19-2012

tier 2 runes are not that bad but the tier 1 yeah i agree they need to be off the game

ioptic

12-19-2012

i would suggest making tier1 and tier2 way under ip cost just for toying with
other then that as stated... they are a newb traps and ip waste baskets

Prygon

12-19-2012

I agree. Made the mistake of buy some level ones only to realize their just there to waste up. Everyone I know just says to use IP for champs till 20

oPLURo

12-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prygon View Post
I agree. Made the mistake of buy some level ones only to realize their just there to waste up. Everyone I know just says to use IP for champs till 20
Right. Everyone says that.

oPLURo

12-19-2012

bump