There is absolutely no reason at all for there to be Tier 1 and Tier 2 runes.

1234511 ... 17
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

oPLURo

12-16-2012

Riot pls. T1 Runes and T2 Runes are a waste of IP, and are useless.

Some people would make the argument that they help a person learn how to use them...

Uh... if you had T3 runes instead of T1 runes, you will feel the effect more in the first place, and really understand who certain runes go on, so this argument is invalid.

So far, I haven't really seen any other arguments.

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDancingDead View Post
They're maliciously placed noob traps.

Targeting actual noobs.

Who only live to realize this and have to start at square one.

I agree, nuke t1+t2 runes.

It would actually be beneficial to RIOT for this noob trap to stay existing.

Edit 2:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fgtbears View Post
Another alternative is to just offer tier 3 runes at level 1.
And since you only get access to one rune slot per account level, it wouldn't really hurt your ability to gain champions while also filling in that one slot per account level while you level up. I like this idea. it isn't like its a waste of ip either, because you're going to learn who the runes you buy are good on, whether you buy tier 1 or tier 2 runes or not. The argument that t1 runes are good for learning is ridiculous, because a rune is a rune, I can learn how to use them if its tier 3. t1 runes are a waste of ip for anyone buying them, and ip is hard enough to get anyways, especially if you have a job.

I think it could be a solution to simply make one rune type that just "evolves" when you hit level 10 and 20.

All your runes can and will evolve, and if you are already level 10 or 20 you would just buy tier 2 or 3 runes, and the tier 2 ones would evolve.

All runes would cost the same since all runes would end up at tier 3 power level, and a price cut wouldn't be necessary. You only get 1 rune slot per level, you can focus on filling up 2 rune pages at a time, just 1 slot per level (fairly easy) and then stock up Ip for champs.

Just a thought.

Edit 3:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prygon View Post
I agree. Made the mistake of buy some level ones only to realize their just there to waste up. Everyone I know just says to use IP for champs till 20
Even the guy who taught me how to play this game WAAYYY back when on my first account told me this.

Edit 4:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABigSchmitty View Post
At the very least Riot should allow us to sell back our runes for like 50% of the value or something. i have so many t-1 and t-2 runes just sitting in my inventory. unfortunately for me no one ever informed me of how much a waste they are
That would be awesome.

Xelsia

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-16-2012

I completely agree. Rune pages should just be locked until you hit level 20

peonicscrub

12-16-2012

i like buying mass T1 runes to runecombine when i have 0 runes tyvm

if you combine T1 runes it comes out cheaper than 1 T3 rune, and you may even get a quint

when you have a very small amount of runes it's perty good

Labrinth

12-16-2012

They cost like 70 each..... its just allowing people to be introduced to runes before they get overwhelmed by people with full tier 3 pages. I always buy the tier 1's when lvling an account. lets newer players plan a bit better

oPLURo

12-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by peonicscrub View Post
i like buying mass T1 runes to runecombine when i have 0 runes tyvm

if you combine T1 runes it comes out cheaper than 1 T3 rune, and you may even get a quint

when you have a very small amount of runes it's perty good
I'd rather spend more ip to get a specific set of runes instead of gambling over and over, there's no point in that.

oPLURo

12-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labrinth View Post
They cost like 70 each..... its just allowing people to be introduced to runes before they get overwhelmed by people with full tier 3 pages. I always buy the tier 1's when lvling an account. lets newer players plan a bit better
And waste their IP.

peonicscrub

12-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by oPLURo View Post
I'd rather spend more ip to get a specific set of runes instead of gambling over and over, there's no point in that.
you brain dead or you just can't read?

i clearly said when you have very few runes it's a good way to start filling your pages

TheDancingDead

12-16-2012

They're maliciously placed noob traps.

Targeting actual noobs.

Who only live to realize this and have to start at square one.

I agree, nuke t1+t2 runes.

Labrinth

12-16-2012

it costs 70 some people like to stick to T1-2 and buy champs till they find a champ they find worth building a page for

oPLURo

12-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by peonicscrub View Post
you brain dead or you just can't read?

i clearly said when you have very few runes it's a good way to start filling your pages
And I clearly said that it isn't.

At all.

The most efficient way of filling your pages is buying the runes you want.

For instance why would I gamble for Flat AD quints when I can just save up and buy them directly.

Waste of ip.

Insulting me isn't required.

1234511 ... 17