Riven Ability Path

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sempervivum

12-16-2012

Hey Riven Players,

I was curious what you maxed first on her and why? I've noticed that most people max her W first, while others her Q. Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.

General Quackers

12-16-2012

It depends.

Farm lane? Shield first.
Trade lane? Stun or Q first.

You usually always want to level the stun first to knock down the CD. 1 rank in Q for the early levels gives you exactly what you want from it: your passive procs.

MONKYfapper

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-16-2012

W for more stuns
Q for more damage

W -> E for more mobility
W -> Q for more damage output

never really max E 1st so i cannot comment on that

Patroks

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original Duck View Post
It depends.

Farm lane? Shield first.
Trade lane? Stun or Q first.
You never really answered the question with that >.> . Imo its Q. I found so much more success with her after maxing q over w, mostly because maxing w is situational. With w you have more burst, but you won't do as well in a longer fight, whereas with q you will. BestRivenNa also maxes q first, and he's unofficially the best Riven player in NA so....

General Quackers

12-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patroks View Post
You never really answered the question with that >.> . Imo its Q. I found so much more success with her after maxing q over w, mostly because maxing w is situational. With w you have more burst, but you won't do as well in a longer fight, whereas with q you will. BestRivenNa also maxes q first, and he's unofficially the best Riven player in NA so....
How is it not answered?

Patroks

12-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original Duck View Post
How is it not answered?
The whole "Trade lane? Stun or Q first."...He clearly didn't ask what one. (Yes, you said shield first in a farm lane, however, by saying what is quoted you aren't giving him the answer he asked for.)

Asheishardrofljk

12-16-2012

I used to max W, but after testing.. Q is much better, Best Riven NA also maxes Q first :P but yeah, you do much more damage maxing Q, the rank 1 W stun is long enough to get the q knockup off regardless of how you do your combo anyways.

Sempervivum

12-16-2012

Thanks guys! 'ppreciate the help. Anyone know if BestRivenNA has a stream? I'd be interested in watching it.

Edit: Nvm found it