Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Riven Ability Path

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sempervivum

Recruiter

12-16-2012

Hey Riven Players,

I was curious what you maxed first on her and why? I've noticed that most people max her W first, while others her Q. Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.

General Quackers

12-16-2012

It depends.

Farm lane? Shield first.
Trade lane? Stun or Q first.

You usually always want to level the stun first to knock down the CD. 1 rank in Q for the early levels gives you exactly what you want from it: your passive procs.

MONKYfapper

12-16-2012

W for more stuns
Q for more damage

W -> E for more mobility
W -> Q for more damage output

never really max E 1st so i cannot comment on that

Patroks

Recruiter

12-16-2012

Quote:
Original Duck:
It depends.

Farm lane? Shield first.
Trade lane? Stun or Q first.

You never really answered the question with that >.> . Imo its Q. I found so much more success with her after maxing q over w, mostly because maxing w is situational. With w you have more burst, but you won't do as well in a longer fight, whereas with q you will. BestRivenNa also maxes q first, and he's unofficially the best Riven player in NA so....

General Quackers

12-16-2012

Quote:
Patroks:
You never really answered the question with that >.> . Imo its Q. I found so much more success with her after maxing q over w, mostly because maxing w is situational. With w you have more burst, but you won't do as well in a longer fight, whereas with q you will. BestRivenNa also maxes q first, and he's unofficially the best Riven player in NA so....

How is it not answered?

Patroks

Recruiter

12-16-2012

Quote:
Original Duck:
How is it not answered?

The whole "Trade lane? Stun or Q first."...He clearly didn't ask what one. (Yes, you said shield first in a farm lane, however, by saying what is quoted you aren't giving him the answer he asked for.)

Asheishardrofljk

12-16-2012

I used to max W, but after testing.. Q is much better, Best Riven NA also maxes Q first :P but yeah, you do much more damage maxing Q, the rank 1 W stun is long enough to get the q knockup off regardless of how you do your combo anyways.

Sempervivum

Recruiter

12-16-2012

Thanks guys! 'ppreciate the help. Anyone know if BestRivenNA has a stream? I'd be interested in watching it.

Edit: Nvm found it