The 5 Core Skill Areas of League of Legends.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

12-17-2012

Who is, in your opinion, the best counter to top lane Jax? I consider Jax to be my strongest champion and solotop to be my strongest role, but I'm still trying to figure out who I should fall back on in Draft Pick if the enemy team has selected Jax (occasionally this will mean Jax jungle and some other top, but most times it means I'll be going against Jax top).

SpartanAK

12-17-2012

Nice short guide.

Your section (2) starts with a sentence with a double negative. So it reads as if you're saying to only attack people when you're sure you will lose. Change "can't" to "can".

PS - To above: Olaf counters Jax

Rakaydos

12-17-2012

While I main Ryze (a strong lategame champ) I find Cassiopia (a strong early game champ) is my hardest counter in lane. her poke has a longer range than mine (though notionally dodgable) that increases her kiting ability, and in the early game pokes harder then me, with the same (or close enough to make no difference) cooldown as me.

In short, I cant poke, cant trade, and cant outmaneuver her. A well played cass can deny me farm and experience, preventing me from ever reaching my vaunted lategame.

phatcat09

12-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PogoPogoPogoPogo View Post
Who is, in your opinion, the best counter to top lane Jax? I consider Jax to be my strongest champion and solotop to be my strongest role, but I'm still trying to figure out who I should fall back on in Draft Pick if the enemy team has selected Jax (occasionally this will mean Jax jungle and some other top, but most times it means I'll be going against Jax top).
Well if you main jax you should be able to answer this for yourself.

Who do you play against that annoys you the most, that one hero that always seems to outpace your movements or in some way keeps you from farming and pushing their lane, but then again I always say your top lane choice should be base on their jungler. -- There's your counter.

I'd pick Urgot top Vs Jax To be honest Urgots kits counters the increase damage jax does and lowers his armor resistance and urgot is ranged so he can avoid the deadly minion wall trap. And when lee sin tries to stun you've got a shield that'll help counteract the 1 second stun period where jax gets that extra hit off on you. Urgot's range is derpy as **** but he needs to be treated like a tanky-fighter because of it.

Think of his short range as an extended melee range reach.

We can play a top in custom if you want.

phatcat09

12-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakaydos View Post
While I main Ryze (a strong lategame champ) I find Cassiopia (a strong early game champ) is my hardest counter in lane. her poke has a longer range than mine (though notionally dodgable) that increases her kiting ability, and in the early game pokes harder then me, with the same (or close enough to make no difference) cooldown as me.

In short, I cant poke, cant trade, and cant outmaneuver her. A well played cass can deny me farm and experience, preventing me from ever reaching my vaunted lategame.
Ryze really shouldn't be a starting pick he should be a counter pick.

Mansa TChalla

12-17-2012

phat can you help me learn positioning as ADC and which adc has the best kit suited for correct positioning?

Guy on a bus

12-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy on a bus View Post
Counter Elise.

Attributes
-Amazing lane poke
-Increased armor/MR when needed
-Oh **** button with built in teleport
-massive damage in spider form
-even more massive damage if you shift often
Still waiting for counter on this one.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

12-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by phatcat09 View Post
Well if you main jax you should be able to answer this for yourself.
Yea, the thing is I don't like using "I was counterpicked" as an excuse for losing my lane. So part of my just pretends that counterpicks don't exist at all. Using this philosophy, I've become pretty comfortable as Jax against almost any top laner--certainly any standard top laner.

I was mostly looking for suggestions on champions that OTHER Jax players are likely to struggle with. I've tried Olaf, and I'll probably continue working on him.

I've never played Urgot, nor do I have him unlocked, however I like the idea of trying Urgot just because it seems like such a non-standard top lane pick. Even if Urgot is not a Jax counter, it seems like it'd be a good champion to pick against top laners because they're less likely to be familiar with Urgot's abilities. The fact that Urgot's kit is particularly strong against Jax just makes me that much more interested in trying him out.

I'll have to save up some IP, but fortunately he's only 3150, so shouldn't be too long before I can unlock him and give him a test drive.

Nea De Penserhir

12-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy on a bus View Post
More specifically, counter this lee sin.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnSkjJpSK_A
Dodge the game imo.

phatcat09

12-18-2012

lol