Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

please increase IP per game

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Narvuntien

12-15-2012

I seem to have no problem getting the ip I need..

i have 9000 I don't know what to do with.

I only play about 2 games a day.. at least during the week.. then more on the weekend.

I does help that I don't like tanky DPS and so don't spend my ip on the new champ all the time.

GzMk

12-15-2012

Quote:
AxeRaider:
stop stomp your opponemts then. max ip for a win in ranked is 100+

but not every game goes on for that long.....is riot expecting me to wait around and jungle just so that i can draw the game out to max limit. that is absurd!!! ever time a team beats someone under 30 mins it is not right to assume that it was a surrender or there was something sketchy about it. y are the people in a superior team penalized with less ip just because they defeated the other team too fast!!!

imagine if tennis players were given reduced winnings for defeating their opponents too fast.....i can't believe riot is using such baseless reasoning as "not long enough" to justify reduced ip rates

DenareDragon

12-15-2012

IP gains were adjusted to the levels back when champs were actually released at 1350, 3150, 4800 and so on.
They've been 6300 steady for almost a year now.
Maybe throw us a bone Riot.
Not asking for early season 1 levels, but just a little extra, please.

lol4chan

12-15-2012

if i BADLY want the points it till take me 10 games a day, for about a week or so. everyday, winning each one.

takes 2 weeks over casual amounts of games, riot this is not vanilla wow, i dont want to grind my ass off for ONE thing again.

KoryoMusa

12-15-2012

Yeah riot, please. My friend I referred left the game at around level 10. (My roommate in college a couple months back) He left because he was finally excited that he achieved his first batch of 6300 ip we gained together as we gamed. He spent it on the newest, coolest champion then, who was it? Syndra. He played 3 games and said he was so dissapointed, and he can't believe he lost weeks worth of time and ip for this character. He moved on. I understand he could have researched, but he was new and newbies don't do all the researching and previewing first hand. It's just so demoralizing and I lost my roommate to play LoL with, although we still play OMD and COD but still.

Ron Fendo

12-15-2012

Remember you don't NEED every champ in the game.

Xion Moonray

12-15-2012

I wouldn't mind the IP rates if Riot would do something about the out-of-control IP prices. I still laugh when I remember that post way back saying they wanted to release champions at "a variety of prices". 6300IP every release is not a variety, Riot.

Did you notice they stopped dropping champion prices too? Yeah, they snuck that one by you, didn't they?

GzMk

12-15-2012

Quote:
Proxy345:
I usually get around 100-120IP per match that I do if I won by the other team's nexus being destroyed and not by them surrendering. It would take roughly 63 wins in total to get a 6300IP champ,which would be almost 3 days so it doesn't take a week actually.

If u can win 31 full length games in a day...then i will quit LoL and play minesweeper....did you even think it through before u posted your reply??? every full length by Riot standards is taken as 55 mins.....so please tell me how did u manage to squeeze games that last 31 hours into a day of 24 hrs....and you haven't even taken into account the fact that you will lose certain games!!!

it's ridonkulous what u posted man!!!

Grenolf

12-16-2012

well, the game cant be free for everyone right. if it was, we wouldnt see quality productions like the world championships and so on. the game is a business and honestly spending 20 bucks every now and then isn't the worst thing in the world. How much do you people spend at Starbucks in a week right?

Panteperu

12-16-2012

Riot have been going as cheap as their greed growths.

They reduced IP per game (100 IP for 40 minutes won games)
No more IP from tribunal
No champ price variety
No champ price reductions

These are no big news for players nowadays, in a game where you need around 500k IP to get all champs, and at least 20k IP for runes (and some 12.6k for a couple extra runes pages)

Sure the game is free but it is free "under their terms", not all 6300 champs get into the weekly rotation, only the cheapest champs keep getting there over and over, so in fact you cant enjoy all champions.
New champions wont go into the weekly rotation at the second week after they are released.

And they like talking about how "friendly" they are to their fan base.... come on.