Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

just started playing Ashe...any tips?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Just like the title says. I just bought ashe and started playing her and I really enjoy her. I mained nasus so this is a whole diff play style. I was wondering if any Ashe vets could offer up a few tips for her! Thanks.

Frag Pulf

Ashe is ranged physical carry. Therefore Attack Damage is the way to go.

Basic Runes for any physical carry:
Amor Pen
Flat CDR
Leveing Magic Regen

But that's just the basics. As a ranged carry it is always a good choice to stack Doran's blades. If you are having a slow game you can buy up to three of them before you move on. Her items after that are very generic. Infinity Edge on her is a must have in my opinion. But don't get carried away with all AD! If you are playing against a heavy physical damage team pick up a Thornmail (B. Veil for caster team) for some good survivability.

Playstyle tips:

Don't harass with your Q on to much. It'll drain your mana pool very quickly. Instead when they are half way pushed up, push back using volley. I recommend at least leveling Hawk Shot once before level 6. It lets you check for ganks and gives a bit more gold.

Your ult. It IS in fact a global ult. It DOES in fact have a low cooldown. It DOES in fact deal massive CC. So when to use it?

-Great initiation move if your team can get in fast.
-Backup initiation, after your first hardcore CC wears off keep them down with your ult.

-That stun can save teammates. If a teammate is running down lane to you fire your ult to stop any chasers.
-Good for forcing them to stay under your tower a few seconds longer

If you saved it during a team fight it is great for last hits on runners.

Ult Mechanics Tips:
-It goes through teammates
-It flies until it hits something and/or flies off the map.
-It does go through minions

Overall Tips for Ashe:
-Ashe has great harassment methods, Volley + constant Q mid game will allow you to hunt down most any champion.
-Hawk Shot has a long cool down, I never realized this at first.
-Watch for when the enemy buys Merc Treads.
-Olaf will charge you no matter how much CC you put on him. If he is chasing you, just run.

I hope these tips from just an avid LoL player will help you. I know you asked for Pro-Ashe help but I hope my experience is enough to help you.

Grab teleport. Arrow towards someone from base and teleport to a nearby creep. You just scored yourself a kill.

Unless it's been changed in the last half-year (and it may very well have been, there was a large period of time where i wasn't playing) the distance required to reach a maximum stun on her ultimate isn't that huge, a screens length away is enough to seriously incapacitate an enemy.