Which junglers can have their red stolen in S3?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TomWest

12-15-2012

Basically, which enemy junglers can have their red stolen after you take your blue because you clear so much faster than the enemy? (This is with using a typical counter-jungler such as Dr. Mundo/Udyr/Shaco and getting a smiteless blue.)

I've already confirmed that I can still do this to Darius, WW, Fiddlesticks, Nautilus, Amumu, and other obviously slow junglers.

But can I do this to junglers like Olaf, Xin Zhao, Eve, Diana, Jax, Cho'Gath, etc? Not sure about their clear times in the new jungle.

Thanks.

Nostrama

12-15-2012

olaf for sure, xin idk, eve idk, diana maybe, jax no, cho maybe, nunu OFC - Nerf irelia.

Etherimp

12-15-2012

Really it depends on which jungler you're using and whether you got Boots+3 pots or not.

Trundle w/ the movespeed boost from his W, a strong leash on blue, and Boots+3 pots and make it to enemy red before MOST junglers and he can clear it before they get there USUALLY.

So it's not as simple as saying "which enemy junglers are this slow" it's also a matter of which jungler you're using.

Basically, (almost) anyone who starts blue can have their red stolen if you're fast enough.

It also depends on what the enemy jungler does immediately after their blue..

If they go to gank, you get a free red.

If they save their smite and go directly to red, you may be in trouble.

Also, I would not consider Amumu a "slow" jungler. After level 2 he clears pretty damn fast.

TomWest

12-15-2012

@Etherimp: I thought I had already implied that I was talking about using the typical counter-junglers who can finish taking own blue and enemy red in under 3 min., but I've edited the OP to make that explicit.

Anyway, whether the enemy jungler ganks after his own blue or not is moot. It's more about which junglers have a clear speed so much worse than a typical counter-jungler that he would not reach his own red before it's already gone.

Didn't know Trundle cleared that fast. I'll need to try him out soon. Thanks.

Etherimp

12-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomWest View Post
@Etherimp: I thought I had already implied that I was talking about using the typical counter-junglers who can finish taking own blue and enemy red in under 3 min., but I've edited the OP to make that explicit.

Anyway, whether the enemy jungler ganks after his own blue or not is moot. It's more about which junglers have a clear speed so much worse than a typical counter-jungler that he would not reach his own red before it's already gone.

Didn't know Trundle cleared that fast. I'll need to try him out soon. Thanks.

Most people who start blue can easily finish it, then go directly to wraiths unless they go ganking. If they check their Red before doing wraiths, you will get caught no matter who you are.