Do you want new announcer voice ?

HELL YEA! 42 73.68%
Not at all .. 15 26.32%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

official announcer voice petition.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SheepKing

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-13-2010

Everyone that want a new announcer voice vote HERE.

Hopefully riot will listen to us this way!

Dont be shy, pass the word, people need to know about this thread!

here a little video i made for fun
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ib5ev_mFGs0

for TheNado: thats the point, we DONT HAVE ANY WAY TO INSTALl custom announcer, it break instaler. and im not gonna reinstal everytime there is a patch

TheNado

10-13-2010

So I followed the link you spammed in general chat and I would like to share my opinion.

I like the one we have now.

There is nothing wrong with the one we have now.

Is there a way to install new ones the same way there is to install skins?
(This would make everyone happy, its a win win.)

Cryptid

10-13-2010

Eh, I'd say there's a lot wrong with the one now. She sounds like she's trying for some sort of strange basement-dweller's idea of a British accent, and speaks with such faked enthusiasm that it's painful to listen to. I used to crank the Unreal Tournament announcer on DotA, but for LoL I just turn up my music. I mean, she says, "Double kill" like someone told her to try to say it in a way that would be sexy for neckbeards and comes off like she's hating her life. Someone please, please, grant that poor announcer her death. She sounds so depressed.

Shukaku15

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-13-2010

Make Nasus the announcer

Capt Shatfest

10-13-2010

Team Fortress 2 announcer.

TAKE ALL OF MY MONEY.

SheepKing

10-14-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNado View Post
So I followed the link you spammed in general chat and I would like to share my opinion.

I like the one we have now.

There is nothing wrong with the one we have now.

Is there a way to install new ones the same way there is to install skins?
(This would make everyone happy, its a win win.)
thats the point, we DONT HAVE ANY WAY TO INSTAL custom announcer, it break instaler. and im not gonna reinstal everytime there is a patch

Stinglock

10-15-2010

So you tried, what did methods did you use?

Wouldn't it be the same or simliar to the method used to update the skins/recommended items by reacreating the folder structure of the hero.pak or whaver that large file is that contains all the goodies and finding the current announcer sound files and replacing it with the new ones and repacking it into the archive?

No, you don't have to re-install, before chaning the file, do a control-c and control-v on the hero,pak file, there you go, you have an unmodified backup that you can simply replace when update time rolls along.

I'm kinda under the impression that riot had to modify LoL to tell it to look for the skin mods in the new locations they get installed into. But don't take my word for it, I have nothing to link to and my memory is bad at the best times.

Squirrrtle

10-15-2010

The female announcer needs to sound like shes having an orgasm.

Sadistic Doll

10-16-2010

I love the current announcer but lawl at "female announcer needs to sound like shes having an orgasm", that would be amazing

GiRoSkItSoO

10-19-2010

i swear,, the announcer coice is the only thing in lol that i dont like, the voice from the sc2 dota like mod storm of the imperial sanctum was the 1st game of tis type i played, and the voice in that was awsome. i think it was the same voice from the original dota. but ya.. her voice saying legendary over and over almost makes you want to lower the speakers. a voice announcing that I just went on a godlike rampage should have some Umph to it, not sound all weak and lame like it does now. I will say this though, I would hate for them to change it and make it worse somehow =/ if thats possible, like make it a gay male sounding voice..