Address this problem?

Fix it. 11 100.00%
Leave it alone. 0 0%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Banner of Command in late game

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Unsimplify

01-21-2013

It seems this item falls off quite hard late game. I personally like using for split push team comps, but then after everything is pushed, there's no use for it.

Well, the main problem is that it does not buff super minions. So in late game where teams are down to their nexus turrets, you cannot use it. The item really has some potential for some really good pushing even in a lane without an inhibitor. It would allow a very strong frontdoor, to catch the enemy team off guard when they're busy farming their backdoors.

Also, inhibitors could be down in a lane even in mid game. Now the item cannot do anything for that lane. If the item is used to buff your siege minion to win the lane all the way down to the first, second, and inhibitor turrets anyway, then why can't you use it to buff your super minion to win the lane all the way down to the nexus turrets?

This is just something to look at for this item. It's just that this problem really irks me, and my friends said the same thing about it, too. I know that some people might think that this item is garbage anyway and are thinking "why would you use that." Well, maybe if this problem was fixed, more people might start using it.

bob000

01-21-2013

1) Go to bot lane
2) Use item active
3) Go to baron
4) Sit there until you see someone go bot to deal with it.

As for your other point, if you have all enemy inhibs down the game is over.

ROOOOOAST

01-21-2013

Dude, super minion got 5k hp and 300 ad. I think that is enough to push a lane.....................
And you can still use it in the lane with the inibs still up. (3 inibs down = gg) after that, you just gotta poke/ trade kill them so they dont have any ways of killing those super minion.

Also : when u get an inib, all minion in other lane get an hp bonus, so they will push.
When you get 3 inibs, 2 super minion times 3 lanes = 6 super minions with 5k hp and 300 ad.

Idk you, but these 6 super minion can make a fight a 7v5 IMO

So no, pushing isnt bad late game.

Kholdstare13

01-24-2013

It DOES buff super minions. It just can't PROMOTE them. I do agree it is underwhelming, tho. 15% isn't enough to really feel for the gold you spent, nor is the armor even noticeable for defense (half thanks to pen changes).

XNoodleMuncher

01-24-2013

Banner of command LOL soo useless not even viable in ranked or even normal value for money its worthless

GurkenMAN

01-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by XNoodleMuncher View Post
Banner of command LOL soo useless not even viable in ranked or even normal value for money its worthless
Thats pretty much right.
Remove the goldgain from promoted minion and reduce Banners cost-> fine.
Now you just pay too much for the passives- even compared to basic items. the hp5 aura is useless later and buying it early pushes unintended.

Remove this hp5 and goldgain and lower cost by like 500g->good item

FreeGothitelle

01-26-2013

I have to agree it's not really that useful.
Early you don't want to push.
Late it hardly matters.
In the mid game where it's most effective you have better items to buy (unless you're heimer) if you're the AP mid, and if you're support you don't really have enough gold, and aegis is cheaper and a much better item.

I think giving the armour as an aura would basically fix it. Make it slightly more expensive to compensate (or have it be upgradable to an item with an armour aura), but something like +10 armour to the owner and the rest as an aura would be really nice. (and help against the AD dominated meta)