Help with positioning in teamfights

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

descojonator

12-15-2012

ok so i just turned lvl 30 and so far i have played 4 ranked games, 3 straight loses and the last one a win. i usually play adc ( graves, ezreal, sometimes draven ) and in early game i do just great, i farm really good and i poke the enemy and just push them. the problem is when teamfights come i always get caught in bad position and just get myself and my team exterminated. in my last game and played as jayce top, and teamfights were just great, i jumped in with my Q activated my W and just destroyed them. but as an adc which is the role i usually take, where should i be positioned?

BuceTheCaboose

12-15-2012

In the back behind your meaty people. Make sure you have someone to peel for yourself too. If the enemy team has gap-closers, DO NOT GET IN RANGE FOR THE ENEMY TO USE THEIR GAP CLOSER! So that might take some champion study time to figure out the ranges on gap closers. Just attack whoever is closest because you have the DPS. Don't rush in into the enemy APC or ADC unless they are WAY out of position. Just keep auto-attacking whoever gets closest.

MegaRodon

12-15-2012

1. Don't poke before the team fight starts
Unless you are the only one who can poke the emeny team, don't do it
sometimes their assisan may just flash in and 2 shoot you before your team reacts

2. Keep moving
Dont stand still in fights, MOVE MOVE MOVE
Move-> Shoot -> Move -> Shoot

3. Follow your tank
When your tank turns back, you need to turn back too
Or else 90% you will in a bad position
Move-> Shoot -> Move -> Shoot

3. Watch out for gap closer
Dont go into his range unless
(A) He used the skills
(B) You have enough damage to kill him and survive

Kvoth3

12-15-2012

In teamfights, stay in the back, and target whoever is closest. That should prevent most deaths. Don't ever go out to the front lines.