Suggestion to solve 'Elo Hell' Problems.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BigNasty

12-15-2012

So, we've all heard about elo hell complaints. And the many people who get the unfortunate luck of falling a couple hundred elo below where they belong. And some people do actually have some bad fortune and theres not much they can do about it. And getting out of elo hell is a real thing.

My suggestion. Allow players to have the option of buying a 'soft reset' for their elo.

Of course there will need to be a limit to this so it cannot be abused. Perhaps the option of a soft reset once per 3 months, or a 3 time per season limit.

Many people are creating new accounts and starting from scratch rather than fight their way out of elo hell, because if you get completely trolled in your placement matches and a bit of bad luck thereafter it can be near impossible to climb back out.

I hope riot reads this post and puts it in for consideration.

What does everybody else think?

I feel there does need to be a limit since some of the rich players would soft reset all the time just to troll and slaughter newbs. 3 times per year sounds reasonable or once per 90 days.

JakAttack47

12-15-2012

I agree, especially that it should be extremely limited use.

IS18660e887cebcdc9f13de

12-16-2012

i agreee yes!!!!! plz

FlippantFox

12-17-2012

Or just base ELO off a personal skill ranking per match rather than whether your team won or lost on the whole.

I often carry my team in the 9xx ELO range (by which I mean support with 30+ assists, top with 10+ kills, etc.) and they throw it away for me. I had one game as Katarina where I went 39/10/11 and we lost. I had their team perma-aced for about 5 minutes straight and yet NO ONE would go push down an inhibitor. Instead they decided to farm the jungle (and they didn't even get Baron or the Dragon)!

Anyway, enough rage. The point here is that I myself was not doing poorly, but I was penalized for the loss just as harshly as the teammates who caused it.

Individual ELO scores wouldn't remove the team aspect of ELO scores. There's no question that if your team does poorly it impacts your personal performance as well. I just hate the fact that I'm still stuck in the low 900's, and individual ELO scoring would certainly help alleviate the whole ELO Hell thing.

lFalse Kingl

12-18-2012

ELO needs to be based on individuals so the system can match each other with the correct individual. This randomness is getting out of hand...

DanSparrow

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-18-2012

ELO is a huge piece of cr**, if games where chosen by random, we would have A LOT better matchmaking than this useless system. If you're paired with a noob, because at that time of the day there aren't better choices, and you lose like hell, you will end up losing ELO because of this, and that will start and infinite circle of "lose > worst ELO > matched with noobs" to the end of the world.

ELO system DOES NOT WORK.

DarkBrotherh00d

12-18-2012

In all honesty RIOT, I am starting to hate this game. I am trying to fix my ELO right now, but cannot do it with all of the trolls that play. I am constantly choosing between dodging and waiting 30/60/90 minutes, or playing with an idiot and losing more ELO. There must be something that can be done. I have 2 ideas that I would really like you to consider, and community, please tell me if they are stupid.

1. Make it so you can dodge 3 games, then on the third game the penalty comes into effect. Say wait a half hour, then you are able to dodge 3 more times before an hour penalty comes in. At least this way you can try to avoid playing with trolls.

2. The honour system is great and all, but it doesn't really do anything. You get a nice little ribbon, but that doesn't really help you. Keep the ribbon, but make it so for every 10 honours, or however many, you can dodge once in ranked without penalty. This will strongly encourage people to try to get honoured (play more respectively) and allow ppl to dodge a game where they know someone will troll.

Delfect

12-18-2012

Remove the ranked and let only the normals? The number of trolls would go down quick .

BigNasty

12-18-2012

this got a bit off topic.

My request is to be able to soft reset my elo once every few months or a few times a season.