Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Wards and Oracle

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GrooveTrain

12-15-2012

I am a support main, and I've been doing some thinking about wards, Sightstone, and Oracle's Elixir. I am starting to think Vision Wards are a better investment than Oracle.

Reasoning:
Green Ward: 75G for 3 minutes of area coverage.
vs. Sightstone: 700G for infinity green wards.

For warding, obviously Sightstone is the better investment here, although I find myself delaying this and buying a second, third or even fourth round of green wards (with pinks in the mix for counter-warding) depending on how my lane is going. I don't think its needed as an immediate purchase like Heart of Gold was, and I find its okay to delay this on caster supports who are running pickpocket in favor of Chalice.

However when we get to options for counterwarding, we have a choice.

Pink Ward: 125G for 3 minutes of area coverage,
vs. Oracle: 400G for 4 minutes of coverage wherever the carrier is, until time expires or they die.

Is it just me, or are Pinks suddenly a MUCH better investment throughout all stages of the game?

PogoPogoPogoPogo

12-15-2012

Pink wards are certainly a better investment early game. By mid and late game when your team is traveling as a group so it's easier for you to stay alive, Oracle is better at eliminating a larger number of wards. If you want to eliminate just 3 wards, that'll cost you 3 pink wards, 375g. If you want to eliminate 4 or more wards, that's 500g. Or 400g for Oracles.

GrooveTrain

12-15-2012

Yeah that's what I mean, but in a way even then its more situational than it used to be.