Looking for Sejuani Feedback

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tumblingzone

12-15-2012

http://i49.tinypic.com/5nq52t.png

Overview: Don't change her too much. She's much better in season 3 already (back in season 2, Sejuani couldn't even clear the golem camp smoothly). Liandry's, Spirit of the Ancient Golem, and new Warmogs make her much better.

1. Likes about her: I like winning games as underplayed champions. I think she's a slightly inferior alternative to Amumu, but its much easier to find success with Sejuani than, say, Karma in solo-queue. Please please don't make her OP, I don't want to see her become FoTM.

2. Dislikes: Let's face it, Sejuani is a tank (have you seen her AP ratios?). But she doesn't have anything in her kit that gives her sustain/shields. This just means she can't really tank anything unless she gets far ahead of the enemy team, which isn't something you can count on as a jungler. It's way too easy for the enemy team to snowball right now, because if Sej isn't doing well, then its effectively a 4v5.

3. Tweaks and Adds: Maybe change it so she can be more than just a jungle/tank. Karma needs a lot more help than Sejuani does though.

Damaxyz

12-15-2012

1. What do you like about her current kit/what would you be saddened to see changed or removed?

-What I like about her kit is the ability to close distance and then sticking to her target like glue, she's solid at peeling off carries by slowing them so taking that off of her wouldn't only sadden me but it'd make her boring.

-Her charge spell is awesome, going through walls to escape and/or enter ennemy jungle to steal creeps is great !

-Her ult is awesome, the utility it provides is just up there.

2. What do you dislike about her current kit?

-You either have to be squishy but a semi-decent threat to the ennemy team (by attaining more damage or cooldown reduction items), or a tanky as hell damage soaker that revolves around pressing R at the best time possible.

3. What would you like to see tweaked or added?

(I assume most of the ideas have been said, but here are mine anyways)

-Increase the range of Northern Winds, makes it more rewarding to actually get -into- the fight and disrupt the ennemy team's movement (so that she isn't entirely relying on her ult)

-Increase the % increased damage based on her max health to improve her late-game potential as well as damage imput overall.

-Up the AP scaling drastically so that more playstyles can emerge

-Add some effect to her ult (could be double stun duration) if the targets are affected by Frost/Permafrost so that it is still very rewarding to use her ultimate other than to engage at great distance.

-Her Q could be a "double-tap" ability that would, on first activation, increase her movement speed by X% for 1-2 seconds and on the second one it would make her charge. (Not only gives flavor to the mounted champion but also drastically improves her mobility)

DangerBender

12-15-2012

Hi! This is my first time posting, but I heard about the thread from a friend. Sej might just be my favorite champion, I play her often and thought I would contribute!

I would really hate to see her Ult be diminished. It compliments other champions’ ults well in starting a team fight and getting out of hairy situations. Her Arctic Assault/Q is also pretty nice – could use some changes but that’s later – I love that it gets over terrain which can be useful in the jungle, starting team fights, rescuing an ally, or escaping the enemy team.

Her early game leaves much to be desired, some sort of defensive boost would be helpful. I usually bring Sej Bot Lane with a carry or into the jungle. She gets poked a lot and Most Top Lane Champions walk all over her. Let’s look at Sej, she’s a hardy Nordic woman with a shield riding a giant armored boar, she needs to be sturdier. Her Passive is also really weak, feeling almost non-existent in most games. It does compliment her other abilities, but early game and anytime minus the mana to cast those abilities it is rather useless.

Sej would benefit defensively from Northern Winds/W if it provided a shield. Similar to the way other tanks such as Nautilus and Malphite gain shields from their abilities. It would add some much needed defense to her, other than an outright stat buff in the early game. Her Q stops at the first champion she collides with, I’d like to see her run through the entire length of it, or pass through the first champion and colliding with the second, or more. Changing the length of her Q isn’t beneficial at all in most cases either, removing that wouldn’t be missed I. Sej also has poor Ability Power scaling, made up for by scaling health but some more AP scaling would be welcomed. More Skins? I’m not sure if you’re the guy to hear that, but we’ve been rolling with the same three Sej skins for awhile.

Jaesaces

12-15-2012

http://youtu.be/ZqJeZ_5NShQ?t=14m46s

Her new taunt.

Sorry that I have nothing else to add to the discussion.

Blo0DHun7er

12-15-2012

I would like the possibility of stunning minions/monsters, if her w hits a target that is afflictet from her passiv, this would give her a bit more sustain. Also imo her bread and butter is her q spell a smaller cd or sth like a cdreduction when the spell actually hit sth would be awesome, for more mobility and better cleartimes.

HM2

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-15-2012

Sejuani fixes:

Passive: Allow it to stack to 25%. It also needs to add magic damage to her auto attacks.

Q - Dash should be an interrupt.
W - Slightly more damage + armor/mres shield.
E - I'd like the movement slow to also slow attack speed.
R - I love the ult. Lower CD.

Watafool

12-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esteris View Post
My 2 cents.

1. What do you like about her current kit/what would you be saddened to see changed or removed?

Her kit seems to be fine, her slows are good as opposed to a stun. I wouldn't like to see her Northen Winds ability be nerfed because that is her real source of damage. The health scale seems pretty reasonable and would be considered OP if changed higher.

Her kit's damage is mostly focused around AP but Northen Winds is health based. Even though the new shop build is mostly around AP based. However, I follow the old build on her when she was released. I have a few pictures below for details of the outcome.

As a result most part is to get tank items that have stamina. I feel that her Northern Winds is the only ability worth powering up first and it increases effective health, I tend to get as much resistance gear that comes with health and always build a Warmog. Different champions require different builds or different tweaks.

As a result of stamina building, Permafrost, Arctic Assault and Glacial Prison do almost no damage; but I wonder if this was intended because I can't see any useful way to lane with this kit. Each ability mostly focus on doing a sort of burst AoE damage which can push a lane to much even if you want to just get a last hit. So her laning is pretty much out of the question. Going support would make her to squishy.

I think all of her damage from abilites should scale off her health, but that is just me. When she casts Northen Winds though, she should get a slight armor and magic resistance buff though. This kinda of prevents her from ganking lanes unless you plan on ganking at level 2 or 3 (3 is the best for early) when she has health. I usually buy some extra health pots from when I come back to buy before I have Warmongs because if she has a high health regen, she can be out in the field more.

Rune Build
3 Greater Gold Quintessences of Gold
9 Greater Mark of Armor
9 Greater Seal of Scaling Armor
9 Greater Glyph of Scaling Magic Armor
So you don't have any pictures from this season?

FutureBlues

12-15-2012

Sejuani is a lot better in S3 than she ever was in S2. She's no longer a troll pick, at least.

I'll agree with other people here and say that the Q cooldown feels pretty long in the first 20-30 minutes of a game especially when everything you do is dependent on landing that Q to work. In the jungle you can't depend on your autoattacks to apply frost manually because by the time you apply it to the whole camp, it will fall off the first monster. Thus, in order to jungle you have to Q into a camp to apply frost, then hit W and E which means that when you finish the camp and want to go gank, everything is on cooldown and you can't easily transition to a lane and help them out without waiting around for your abilities to come back up.

I think W is great even though it's sort of a copy/paste from Shyvana and isn't really unique, persay. It does great damage though, assuming you live long enough to sit in their team with it on.

E I think feels the worst in her kit. Whenever I go back to Sej from some other champ I'm always confused at why E feels like it's constantly greyed out and unusable. Then I remember that targets need to be frosted... The real problem with this is threefold:

1) Targets need to be frosted, so it's easy to apply frost to one single target and then waste your E thinking you're slowing/damaging more than one target when you're really not.
2) In teamfights it's often impossible to apply frost to more than one or two targets which means your E feels inconsequential most of the time.
3) Frost (and permafrost) falls off targets so quickly that when enemies attempt to disengage it's often too late to apply frost or permafrost or your spells are on cooldown since you're encouraged to spam your entire combo as soon as frost is applied or else the damage is wasted.

Another problem with her kit is it's often difficult to tell when and if someone is frosted or permafrosted and there aren't any good visual indicators that tell you when you should E so you end up just pressing it whenever it's up and hoping that it it the right person/someone important/not a minion.

Last but not least, I've read threads on the forum about how bad her passive is and ways to fix it without making her gamebreaking and I generally agree that her passive should either work differently than other slows and/or last longer. Her passive feels completely anemic most of the time. As far as I know it's duration is reduced by tenacity AND by the slow reduction masteries/items in S3 while at the same time decaying almost immediately on its own anyway. It's difficult enough to get into autoattack range to actually bop them on the head and then when you do most champs just dash/flash/blink/etc. a few teemos away and at that point they can walk away with impunity.

Those are my main problems with her kit. Her ult is great and I generally like her mechanics.

If I was going to tweak her myself I'd focus on making her E feel more fun/engaging. Giving it a passive component or making it a toggle of some sort instead of a conditional would go a long way towards making Sej feel like she has 4 skills rather than 3. After that I'd make sure it was easier to tell when targets were frosted/permafrosted and consider doing something to her passive to give it a little more umph!

Morzale

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-15-2012

I've recently picked up sejuani and hopefully can give some insight.

Sejuani's kit is actually really great, it only lacks some kind of sustain or shield to really help her early game. Kinda like how hecarim's W or skarner's W or Naut's W. They all have some kind of defensive utility built into it.

If her W reduced damage taken by the amount of champions it hits. Another great Idea is if her W increased her armor/mr by flat amount or even make it interesting and by how many people she hits with it.

Everything in her kit is fun and very rewarding, its just she gets blown up without items, compared to other tanks. So if you can fix her squishyness, it would help her duelling power/early game a lot.

Menwithnoname 23

12-15-2012

Her kit itself isn't bad, the problem just seems that it doesn't mesh together particually well. She can provide long distance ganks and her ultimate transitions well to the late game.

The mechanic of frost to permafrost is just generally annoying. Also for someone that generally is considered a tank unless she becomes fed she can't really take much damage.

Perhaps some form of defensive steroid would be nice within the passive or adding the effect during the duration of northern winds. Also this might make her broken but if northern winds applied frost clearing the jungle would be a much happier experience for all parties as well as making permafrost actually an ability that can hit multiple targets. You could then make northern winds deal the extra damage to enemies that are permafrosted instead of now where it is effected by frost.