Looking for Sejuani Feedback

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pyundai

12-15-2012

when an ability applies Frost, it doubles its effectiveness

Permafrost applies Frost now.

Djiimon

12-15-2012

Have her passive stack?

86sheets

12-15-2012

Her skills, in conjunction, lead to some frustrating experiences.

You try to go gank a lane as Sejuani pre-6. You Q to reach a champion, only for them to run out of its range because it's a relatively slow gap closer as opposed to something like Jax's leap. Then you're frustratedly trying to whack them once with your melee range hammer so you can slow. Just one whack and kill secured. Just one. And if they have the same movement speed as you (which is very often in the early stages of the game), you'll chase them all the way to their tower having done absolutely nothing just because your Q was clunky and wouldn't let you get in range to melee.

In teamfights you toss an ultimate at the carry at the backline...only for it to get blocked by the tanks in front. And then you try to Q to the backline...only for it to collide with the tanks in the front. So you're like, whatever, and E all the tanks you stunned. The only problem is, they have tons of tenacity and don't care as they just gap close to your backline anyways. And since your cooldowns are massive, you're there twiddling your thumb for ~8 seconds, having blown all your skills.

Basically, I feel that Sejuani just needs a general "feels" adjustment similar to what Orianna got to make playing her feel much more fluid. Her skillset looks like it meshes well on paper, but in practice playing her feels, well, a little awkward.

AsheIsElite

12-15-2012

First off, I would like to say, Sejauni isn't bad. Not even close. She's hard to play, and no one puts in the time to learn her because of her reputation. She's extremely fun as is, in my opinion.

1. What do you like about her current kit/what would you be saddened to see changed or removed?
Her E being changed would feel terrible. However, the way it works with her ult and Q are really good and does a huge amount of damage. I've bursted entire teams down to half with tank items and very little AP+Pen. Her damage is huge and I love her. I don't jungle much, because I'm not so great at it, but she's my go to at the moment.
2. What do you dislike about her current kit?
Her passive is really bad, and only acts to activate her E. Her W is lackluster, but still pretty good.
3. What would you like to see tweaked or added?
New passive, maybe an added little something to her W like decreased damage when active since she is a tank and it's pretty unique to have % damage reduction. (Kat has it and I think one more I'm forgetting).

RenHero

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullettime7 View Post
Sejuani is very team reliant due to only having the single hard CC via her ultimate and is very squishy relative to many other tanks due to lack of a defensive steroid. This puts her in a strange spot where she needs to build heavy defense in order to stay alive, but then has little damage or personal sticking power.

She doesn't necessarily need a defensive steroid but she needs something there in her kit to encourage using her over Amumu or even Nautilus who share the exact same niche role as Sejuani; AP CC gank tank. Some recommend building her like an AP bruiser but because of again, that lack of steroid, she gets melted and won't deal enough damage there either.

But to address your direct questions

1. I love her overall theme and the ice tank/slowing bit. Changing her ultimate would be a mistake. It fits perfect.

2. I dislike her lack of sticking power due to the lengthy cooldown on Permafrost relative to the duration and her pitiful slow on her passive. I also dislike her current Arctic Assault mechanics where it stops on champion hit, making Sejuani not able to charge into the middle of the fray and get Permafrost active on the team. I also dislike her reliance on CDR for engagements due to such heavy dependence on her ultimate and how weak and inconsistent she feels. Amumu and Nautilus can grab and CC someone to lock them down even without ultimate which makes them feel more consistent early game.

Sejuani is a champion who no matter how fed she gets, can't really carry a game as the champion who's supposed to be that heavy CC control tank can't actually control people with as many gap openers, slows, hard CCs, blinks, etc exist in the game and her long cooldowns early-mid game, while not being able to build higher damage output without substantially gimping survivability. She's strong when her ultimate is ready but after...that's all she has.

3. I would like to see her Arctic Assault travel the full duration (it could be worked like Hecarim's ulti, traveling and damaging to the location) as to allow her to get Permafrost active on the backline. Slowing the tank with his Swiftness boots and Masteries doesn't do much good and this would give her stronger ganking and small skirmish opportunity which would help her engaging power immensely in the early game when she has such a long cooldown on her ultimate and little to no CDR yet to reduce that.

I would also like to see her get better sticking power through possibly a scaling passive. She's so heavily dependent on CDR to have any sticking power to a target and even then, it only buys her a brief second or two.
Making sure more people see this. (Though it's the first post after a red, so people might have already seen it.)

Blagon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-15-2012

Sejuani is really powerful right now.

Her first jungle clear is pretty tough though until she gets a spirit stone.

Her passive can be underwhelming sometimes. It would be nice if i could stack it a couple of times like gangplank's passive, or the slow % grew with champion levels.

Reedonidas

12-15-2012

better passive

Nighty

12-15-2012

make her faster

KeVoN xD

12-15-2012

Defensive steroid + Lower cooldown on Q + His passive could use a minor buff.

nMooSe

12-15-2012

My two cents

Havent played her recently, so bare with me.

If memory serves, I hated how I really didnt have much of a damage type attack or anything. I know shes a tank, but still. Think Hecarim and Skarner. They have their Qs which they do damage with. Maybe Sej could get some ability where she swings heir flail and applys her frost to anyone she hits?

Use Q to hit and apply frost/do damage in a small area around her (melee range), combine her current Q and W to one ability, but scale to balance if needed of course, then her E could stay as it would flow with her Q nicely (Kind of like Twice and expunge).

As for her Ult, I've always thought it was pretty cool and helpful.

I don't know, I could be and probably am, totally wrong, but hey, maybe it could spark something good