Looking for Sejuani Feedback

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sarkoth

12-15-2012

Logged in just to post here.

Sejuani was the champion that broke my RP virginity, and by far has been my favorite use of RP (Blood Knight Hecarim is second), and for a while leveling to 30 was all I'd play. I love how I can put out massive damage on her W while stacking health to become a meat wall, and as I advance into ever-more-challenging games, I really love her ability to put an entire team on lockdown with her slows and ult, letting your team position and land all their aoe (brand, zyra!)

She really does not need much in the way of tweaks except that her Q is an unrealistically long cooldown at lv 1, and is still very long at 5, given how low her movespeed and how important it is to have her in melee range. Additionally, she is one of the few tanks (or bruisers) without any sort of defensive steroid. This limits her usefulness and ability to do her job drastically. Ideally, a steroid tied into her W (15% dmg reduc while its up= love... makes up for her stacking health over defensive stats) or passive (making it reduce atkspd would be beautiful) would make her not only viable, but extremely powerful. She's so borderline awesome, but just can't jungle well enough in a world full of counterjung.

AYOBueno

12-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meddler View Post

1. What do you like about her current kit/what would you be saddened to see changed or removed?

2. What do you dislike about her current kit?

3. What would you like to see tweaked or added?
1. Northern Winds and Glacial Prison are pretty awesome. I'm a fan of AoE damage and her Ultimate has a lot of utility, between the two for a Tanky champ she has a great team fighting presence and isn't just one and done if that makes sense.

2. Permafrost seems more or less useless, I usually level it last and never feel the magic damage is noticeable. Wouldn't mind seeing this replaced with something new. I think a new utility spell would be nice, a passive (extra MS to represent being a mounted champ) and an active that applies a buff or something.

3. Sej's main issue seems like "Well I can use her, but X Champion is so much better in the role" Be it Jungle or Solo Top. She is also fairly squishy for a Tanky champ, even with the armor buffs a patch or so ago.

I think a health per level buff would be nice, and maybe a small stun added to Artic Assault so she can get her Frost passive going with an auto.

Just fixing her is a nice step, Sej is a champ I really like and I feel Cavalry Champions are really interesting, she is just lackluster at the moment.

Also try to put word in for a Sion and Taric skin upgrade, Taric is really tiny and I can't even make out what Sion looks like.

demolysis

12-15-2012

OMG Don't change a thing!!

She's a bit slow in jungle at first, but a total beast later.

Nave222

12-15-2012

1. What do you like about her current kit/what would you be saddened to see changed or removed?

1.) I love her ult, A and W. It would sadden me to see W changed because its my prime move aside Q. I think E should be changed but fundamentally the same. Perhaps something along the lines of

Blizzard: Cast a aoe blizzard upon the target, affecting those in close proximity applying X magic damage per second while applying a slow affect. Damage doesnt have to be high but I find a long range slow to be more beneficial because we need to either hit the enemy once or land a Q/W to activate E. Theres alot of instances this move is useless because we cant land a hit nor dish enough damage.

2.) I dont really like her E i think it should apply some form of damage because I feel like i fall hard late game unless i build AP tank.

3.) her ult is just too long of a CD, its never up when I need it because I have already used it. Sometimes i need to use it defensively and it puts me out of an ult for 80seconds where most others have a lower cd.

I think Q collision is nice but I think a stun would be nice since she has no hard CC aside from ult.

i love her play style and her kit should really embrace and sync with the ice theme.

Anymeese

12-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calibretto9 View Post
I already made a comment in this thread but also wanted to say it's odd that she's the only mounted champion yet her movespeed is so awfully slow.
^

Meph

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-15-2012

Love to see this kind of thread. Meddler you rock. As someone who picks up most champions when they are released, I played a good amount of Sejuani upon release, but "shelfed" her due to being seen as a troll pick, and terribly underpowered. Personally I love her top lane as a counter to Singed. I love the theme Riot has with their frost champs, big frosty AoE's that keep enemies stuck and in range of your team. I have thought of a lot of ways to "fix" Sejuani and several abilities that could revamp her kit, I'll try to keep it simple here though:

Best ultimate in the game! Let's see this relatively unchanged. Although, if you're looking to really revamp Sej to make her more fun to play... I would love to see this ability scaled down and made into her bread and butter of the kit. Perhaps you can make it so throwing her flail disables her basic attack for a period of time, or until she picks it up (similar to Olaf).

Her slows aren't consequential enough to be disruptive. 3 second uptime on Permafrost, with 8 second downtime leaves you with very little impactful CC on the enemy team for too long. And Sej is supposed to be a CC bot?

If her ultimate is to remain unchanged perhaps you add a "Skarner-like sustainability" on Permafrost. If enemies are stunned when you cast permafrost you are healed 50/100/150/200/250 per stunned enemy effected by permafrost. If you're going to go along with my idea to make Glacial Prison a basic ability (Q) then I would add Arctic Assault back as her ult, but give it resetting cooldown like a Kha'Zix jump. Sejuani should be this offensive juggernaut that has the abilities to stay on the enemy team doing damage. Her problem now is she really lacks the ability to do any threatening damage after her initial initiation and combo. Keep her passive, I think it's pretty balanced considering it's passive. But we want that significant slow from Permafrost more often, it makes you feel like you're really making an impact with CC when you have multiple enemies slowed with Frost and then kept there with Permafrost enabling your teammates to chase 'em down after you did your "suicidal barbarian woman of the Freljord who rides a friggin' boar" thing.

TL;DR: Flail fun, more want do this. Slowy slows needs to slow more. Landing your AoE combo should reward some sustain to keep Sej in the fight.

Galdoblame

12-15-2012

I played sejuani alot for a time,and i must say that i really enjoyed the hero.The synergy of ''q-w-e'' to clear wave was excellent,and THAT ULT

BUT,she do no damage other than with her w,and her survivability isn't hign.She's q have a long cd too.

I would like her more if all her spell goes hp ratio,or some rework toward her inability to sustain damage. She weak end game,and early game ..she need a buff at those 2 place.She farm dependant ,alot.

just don't rework her ult tho,that the nicest spell on her kit

her q need someting more than a dash forawrd and do some damage.Shen have the same cd,same damage and it's does something usefull.

her w could give a ms boost ,or def/mr increase for the duration

her e could be rework for something else.it'S a usefull spell to use once you land your ult,but it's does have a long cd,and and it's not that usefull pass lane phase.

CloudTrip

12-15-2012

Passive : Well the thing is with her mobility her on-hit slow isn't really effective, you can imagine that Sejuani makes things around her freeze, that's why I thought the passive could be an aura slow. Change the slow on hit by a slow in an aura around her, the closest you get the stronger the slow is. The AA will still apply the on-hit mark for her W. Maybe set the slow applied on AA a bit stronger than the one with the aura and let apply the greater slow on the enemies (the enemy which is AA will get the slow from the mark and for example an enemy at the same distance than the one who is AA'ed will get slowed by the aura which will be lower than the one due to the mark)

Q : Just make it a knock up on a small area around the position she stop, or just knock up the enemy she hits with her Q (like Draven's ability) to give her something to interrupt beside her ultimate.

W : Give Sejuani a Ar/MR bonus on use to make her jungle easier

Seymor569

12-15-2012

Off the top of my head there are a few things, though I'll try to play her a couple times tonight and see if there's anything to add.

Her base abilities feel very "meh" while her ult feels awesome.
Her passive doesn't really make a lot of sense with her playstyle, though thematically it fits.
Her damage is super low until you get a ton of HP, then it can actually be pretty good, but that's far into the late game.

Kazadiel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-15-2012

Can you also give her more appopriate armor? I am no means a Straw Feminist, It's just it feels waay out of place for her to be in her underwear. :P