Looking for Sejuani Feedback

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Stone Ocean

12-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meddler View Post
1. What do you like about her current kit/what would you be saddened to see changed or removed?

2. What do you dislike about her current kit?

3. What would you like to see tweaked or added?
1 - Her W, her Q and her ult.

2 - I hate her passive. Makes her jungling worse since it caps the damage on her W, 10% slow is barely noticeable, hard to keep track of since the particle is so small. I also hate Permaforst since you're forced to use her passive to actually use it. The flow is awkard and more often than not I forget I even have a E.

3 - Not all of these, of course, but things I'd like: make her W a toggle or flatten the HP ratio to 2% at all ranks instead of scaling. She already has a tough first clear as is, why put a cap on that? A new E. Permafrost sucks. Lower CD at earlier ranks on Q. Maybe a defensive steroid somewhere and above all: a new passive.

Vulking

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-15-2012

Sadly I cant give feedback based on personal experience playing as her since I don't own her, but as a fellow jungler enthusiast that has faced her in battle I will try to give my feedback.

Sej with items is a monster and can be very disruptive with her Ult, however, the road the Sej player have to travel to reach that point is so freaking hard that is almost a non factor unless we are in a 40 minutes game.

- She is way too squishy early game and marginally tanky mid game, this allow junglers that can invade her or that are excellent duelist have a field day shredding her into pieces.

- Her slow is quite meh and easy ignorable with tenacity, mostly do to her innate lack of tankiness since if the enemy decide to focus her she will melt way too fast forcing her to run or die.

- Her Ult is quite strong, but is in such a long CD that if you are aware that she has it on cooldown you can ignore her most of the time.

- Her gap closer need a buff, either to her movement speed or to the CD, a buff to the speed will allow her to take better advantage of gaps on the lanes if they are out of position, while a shorter CD would allow her to move faster around the map without having to wait so long for her gap closer to be available again to gank

Gahlo

12-15-2012

1. What do you like about her current kit/what would you be saddened to see changed or removed?
I really like her kit, I think it brings a lot of parallels with Amumu in terms of damage and playstyle while being different enough to not feel like a reskin, albeit way underrated.

Things I'd be really upset if changed:
E: That slow, oh man. I like QEing and watching an entire team just STOP!
R: In my opinion, one of the better ults in the game. Who doesn't like an AOE stun skillshot where all you need to do is hit near them!?

You're a tank and, sans R, her entire kit reads "Get your big boar butt in there." However, nothing says "You're a tank" outside of the HP scaling on W.

3. What would you like to see tweaked or added?
I don't really know how I'd go about fixing #2 without doing silly things like free stats or +X resists/enemies slowed or whatever. I know free stats has been something Riot has tried to shy away from, but I have one thing that irks me that is unrelated...

I think Northern Winds need to reapply the slow on, at least, frost. She is so VERY ult reliant that if she engages on a team without it and her team isn't able to decide the fight before Permafrost wears off she becomes completely ignorable.

Also, it would be a boost to her jungling where she can smack wolves on the head with W active and not the bonus damage wear off before she gets back to the big bad. Before she gets many levels and after the first blue it is really mana taxing to QW a camp. Maybe the Q costs too much aswell? Idk.

Retsudrats

12-15-2012

As an avid Sejuani player, I feel she is highly under appriciated as it is. I love her kit, though be it, your team as to know what they are doing. Sejuani is one of those champions that relies either heavily on her team to be smart, or relies on you to be skilled enough to make the plays that your team cant help but use. For instance if you ult and your team isnt already going in, you probably wont capitalize. One of my greatest moments as Sej was when I was on the team with a galio. He flash ulted while my ult was in mid air. By the time my ult had ended, galio had scored a quadra.

That's just an example though, I feel the biggest thing about Sej that she suffers from is a lack of damage. If you max her E, she has a decent bit of damage in the early game, but drops off greatly late game. I havent gotten to test her much with the new season 3 items, but as it stands thinking with the season 2 items, she could use some damage.

I dont want to see anything about her go, I feel her kit is really unique to only her. Make her a little more like Nautilus, in that she is huge on CC. Heres what I think.

Q: Give it a small knockback, similar to maybe Riven. Or, since she has little ability to keep the enemy off her team. Make it so that champions hit back her knock back are taunted! Think of it like Shen. She has to charge in to taunt the enemy team, or charge to save an ally!

W: Keep it as it is, but have it give an additional(flat or %) Armor and Magic Resist while it is active.

E: Keep it the same, there isnt much I can think to add to this.

R: The only change to this I could see is making it so that everyone effected by the ultimate take increased damage for the duration and possibly a few seconds after. In other words, at rank three make it like a 2 second stun with like a 10% increase in all damage taken by those targets for the length of the duration.

Passive: Leave it, maybe make it scale a little.

I dont think Sej needs a rework, nor do I think she needs a nerf. I think she is under appreciated and a little weak. Everyone else is just so much stronger then her that she isnt worth playing.

She requires either to much reliance on a team, or to much skill to utilize your team without there knowing. She deals to little damage(unlike most tanks) and is far to squishy due to a lack of a steroid or shield. Why play her over Naut? Naut's CC is better, he is tankier, and he has a shield. Why play her over Shen or Singed? Shen can shield across the map, his passive does amazing damage, and he has a shield, with a taunt. Singed does great damage, is ungodly tankie, and his ult just makes him unkillable as he runs around flipping your team away from his. That is to just name a few.

Unlike most tanks, Sej has very little to help her own team. Outside of her ult there isnt alot she can do to keep the enemy off her own team.

theDreamer

12-15-2012

Her ult is fantastic, and her "whirling snowstorm of death" looks cool. Most other "whirling" things are fire (Mundo, Shyvana) and theirs are fun.

Her other abilities. Her passive is fine, but the charge feels kind of sluggish and short, and it doesn't effectively apply the passive to more than one champion. Permafrost is boring. It's incredibly effective and powerful, because that kind of slow is really strong, but it's unsatisfying. I don't know why, but Twitch's "bomf to all people with passive on them" feels better.

Slashinghardest

12-15-2012

I love sejuani but things that turn me off of her is her very slow early jungling and her lack of jungle sustain.

I find a little ap with a lot of hp make her do decent damage to champions when she is lvl3 ganking but pre 5 jungleing is just terrible with her.

Maybe make the onhit frost a passive on one of her abilities then make her passive a minor sustain passive like fioras except the regen could be based off of how many targets are frosted.

MTaur

12-15-2012

Oh, and I think Sejuani needs a Gentleman Cho style of skin. Bristle becomes Professor Oinkleton (top hat, monocle, nice suit)

Alternately, she'd make a good Vandal (as well as Riven or Vi).

These are not really balance issues obviously, but what could be a better than a skin shipping out with the rework?

Macfish

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-15-2012

Hi,
I am an Avid Sejuani player, I truly am. I don't think there is anyone who plays her more than me, especially since she's so unpopular. With this being said, I really think that you should listen to what I have to say (FYI, I have played over 2500 games and I can safely say that I picked Sej more than any other champ by far, think in the range of 250-300 games).

First of I will answer your questions.

1. I think her kit is amazing. I would be sad if even a single ability was reworked. She is one of those champs that has abilities that perfectly fit together. It would be a dark day if this uniqueness was removed. Her kit makes sense and it just fits the character perfectly. Frankly, the kit needs no work.

2. As I mentioned, I dislike absolutely nothing about her kit. I feel like Sejuani is severely under-rated. Yes, she is team-reliant, but aren't all tanks? Does Malphite not rely on people attacking after he engages with his ultimate?
I for one can assure you that Sejuani has a far easier time 1v1ing champions than say Maokai (Or I'm just a terrible Maokai).

3. Her passive might need some work, it truly is barely noticeable. Maybe elevate it to a 15 or 20% slow? As for her other abilities, perhaps having permafrost reduce the attack speed of champions that are hit might be a good addition. And maybe her ult could have a slightly shorter cooldown at lower ranks.

Now on to personal comments. Sejuani in season 2 was pretty balanced, underpicked but balanced. She could jungle fine, she could gank early, she could accumulate gold to become strong. Nobody ever even considered going top with Sejuani. Then came season 3 with its fancy new jungle and Sejuani jungle just no longer was viable. This is not because Sejuani cannot clear camps or isn't fast enough, it's something else. It is something that doesn't only affect Sejuani, but other junglers as well. It is the item path. Right from the get-go you are forced to start with a machete and 5 potions to be able to clear the jungle in 1 go. In season 2 I could afford to start with a ruby and on my first back I could build this into a heart of gold. Now, not only is HoG non-existant, but you guys want me to waste 300 gold on an item that does not work for Sej outside of jungle and because we are forced into that item we are also forced to buy 5 potions which just is a blatant waste of money. Not only are we forced to waste money, we are also deprived of the ability to get money from an item that I miss so dearly: HoG.
Combine that with the increased toughness of jungle and diminished rewards and you are left with a very weak Sejuani early game. Sejuani cannot gank until level 3, but getting to level 3 has become such a chore that after level 3 you have to go back to base before being able to gank. you have to waste time on your buff-timer and lose out on precious experience that you could have gotten from jungling in the older jungle.

With the arrival of Season 3 though, I was forced to try new things like top-lane Sejuani. And quite frankly I was surprised at how well it worked. Her kit makes farming a breeze and her damage is quite high. Ofcourse everybody hates you for going top with Sejuani, but once you do well they get over it. While Sejuani works fine in top lane now since she can farm, itemize and is not forced to waste money on a machete; I still believe she belongs in the jungle. Rebalancing Sejuani and many other junglers can be done with one single tweak: Return heart of gold. If that isn't an option, increase the exp rewards on camps so that Blue+Wolves+Wraiths= level 3. Granted she could use some buffs, but really nothing extreme. Sejuani is a fine champ, but season 3 just put her in a more difficult place jungling-wise.

Aphet

12-15-2012

She needs to be faster, and her W should slow all nearby enemies either on activation or continuously, I think that would be really fun to play around with. It wouldn't be the same as her passive's slow, however, because this would allow the slow from her W and her passive slow to stack with each other and still keep the affect of increased damage on enemies with Frost on them.

She needs to be base tankier as well. Make her passive slow for more or longer, and for each champion slowed by her passive she should gain some kind of buff. Armor/MR or something. In addition, change the name of her passive! It needs a more unique name, if it has things added to it. Perhaps Tundric Touch, perhaps?

Alv

12-15-2012

Oh finally! I love sejuanni!

Ok, so after playing her a ton, I wouldn't be surprised if her ulti is one of the best ultis in the game.
Her permafrost goes well with it.

I think her W needs some buffs at least to the jungle, kinda like the fiddlesticks dark wind does double damage to creatures, I think something like that could help if you're content with her W.

That's if you want sej as she is. I think you guys should rework her though, I wouldn't mind if everything is different. The whole idea of a mount is so unique. So many things could be done, and I wouldn't be surprised if you guys make an awesome new sejuanni. Good luck riot +_+