Looking for Sejuani Feedback

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

jakab

04-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johab View Post
I think you guys were overhauling Sej's kit.

All she needs was:

Early sustain/tankyness to help her clear

A change to her passive

Some reduced cooldowns.

Nothing else.

My favorite part of her kit was how well health and damage were synergized on her. She could build tanky and still do damage. The change on the W is a nerf, especially the part of "Any one affected by frost has double damage done to them" being removed.

Please don't overbuff her. Sej was in a good place and now you are going to make her too strong. I don't want to see and hear people crying for Sej nerfs.
This. I just started playing her recently and the only real problem I had with her was how much damage she took from camps on her initial clear (though I did find her passive a bit underwhelming as well). I think her kit is actually well designed and that a remake is totally unnecessary, all that's needed is some number tweaks.

Gizmoduk

05-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meddler View Post
Balance isn't our only focus here. Power wise Sejuani's arguably in an ok spot at the moment if played optimally/against the right match ups. We're also looking at things like thematic cohesion with gameplay (should the boar or flail do a bit more for example), counter play (is it too binary based off which champions she's against, amongst other things) and visual readability (who's debuffed by what, which targets are taking how much damage etc).
So i have tried new sejuani finally and have to say, gj at making her early jungle worse and late game a problem. Hope you have plans to add power to her early in places to help balance her.

Thessalonike

05-07-2013

OK Gizmoduk, let's put some here,

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
He's probably riffling through my piles of index cards with armor designs on them.

No, seriously, I have piles of them.

Which is kind of why I didn't like the idea of Sejuani being reworked. We have over one hundred champions and piles more may come.

As ZenontheStoic said it was thought her high win low pick was bad, I on the other hand thought it was more like something for everyone in such a large champion pool. I think it was rickless that said summoners were having a hard time understanding figuring out what they were doing wrong so they could improve, yet some summoners seemingly did. Now Sejuani is even closer to being Amumu 2.0 than ever before. I wouldn't call it a buff or nerf but a simplification of her kit. It's familiar and simple to understand now.

The visual Sejuani I like... but Bristles has had the pig taken out of the boar. I kind of see him as Gragas in cougar form or a vastly over weight Nidalee. Maybe docking the tail would help some? The traditional Bristle sure could use his tail back too, right now he reminds me of a walking Volkswagen Beetle.

KiserSaySo

05-07-2013

Sejuani is one of my favorite champs since the change.

She still needs some better animation for her W and that .5 second delay for the initiation of it.

I do like that Bristle can still auto attack while her W is in effect. That is a good feature.

Gizmoduk

06-10-2013

So i adjusted to the crud early dmg for the better late dmg, i mean w/e right? Now were losing time on our slow, by .5 seconds, thats actually a large amount but w/e, our aoe stun has been fine forever and now u take time off the stun, but w/e. But losing MORE early dmg to gain nothing late? Just balance the Q ffs! Keep w as is and balance her freaking Q.

Sir Bulbasaur

06-11-2013

Now she is getting nerfed to the ground... she was pretty nice before rework.

Iron Solari

06-11-2013

Thanks riot...