Looking for Sejuani Feedback

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Marvinlimson

04-02-2013

ok from previous post, i can live with new bristle but if you guys are gonna make bristle look like that then just turn her into an arctic wolf or something like greenlee stated... itd be more natural to look at... just look at brown bristle if you want to see whats wrong... just saw her kit, not entirely though, charge is... well its definitely gonna hurt now... badass sej you got it right there but for balancing i do not know yet... her northern winds is nerfed not really due to the new mechanic but because of it scaling from
bonus hp, which takes away around 180 dmg in 6 sec, but i like how the damage is dealt faster... thats fine i guess, i still dont like it when she swings her flail though... her ult buff is very nice... needed? maybe permafrost change opens a new gameplay for me overall im exited with the skill changes oh and darkrider sej's armor looks lacking... a little more fur here and there and evenly distributed armor details would help it greatly, and make it more icey bluish like the old skin pls

IS142d1fe38d5a482a368cb

04-02-2013

Oh wow...I'm speechless. This new rework graphics wise is dreadful, way to ruin the good looking champion...Boar became some mutated beast like from Resident Evil, and she became like some angry dirty cave woman with a bat (Which is what iI was so afraid of when they mentioned visual rework). For goodness sake did you forget she is one of the 3 princess, sure she is supposed to be warrior, but she's also a women you know. Personally I am highly dissapointed at the visual rework.

Skill animations also became completely unclear. Old Northern winds had very distinct animation of it's range, new one just seem to give a big blob of particles all around.

Her old ultimate had the most satisfying animation of skills in game, the new one is a disaster. You can't even see properly which targets were hit. Just small stun sign above head, instead of massive ice cones that old one used to have, not to mention the throw speed looks deceptive. It just doesn't have the same "umf, click, boom" smoothness feel.

Balance and kit is just numbers game, it can be adjusted. But these graphics are quite a let down compared to old Sejuani. (As with Karma, what's up with this try harding to rework champions thematic looks, when they were good already. People didn't play champions not because they looked bad, but cause they lacked power)

If there will be no "Traditional Sejuani" free old model as an option kept for old Sejuani players, as much as it pains me I'll refund my Ice Boar Lady, in respect to the champion I bought with vision it was made, that I loved, not this "re-visioned" version they'll be pushing to us.

Marvinlimson

04-03-2013

WHAT THE HELL DID YOU DO TO BRISTLE RIOT!?
wait is that rengar?...

Here are my thoughts on the rework if ever i get a chance to make riot change their mind before they actually release this Sej as a final product...

Visual:

base skin sejuani:
why is it that you guys did not use the concept art colors on her armor? you guys made it from snow white, freezing shiny blue, and intimidating black to royalty violet-ish with leather-like brown.... you already nabbed the right feel of colors on the concept art... new armor looks great but again i don't really understand why you guys deviate from the wonderful concept art... i liked the shield on the concept art better and also the high boots...
base skin bristle:
definitely a boar mutation, you already got bristle right in your picture comparison of the new and old found here http://na.leagueoflegends.com/news/c...-winters-wrath how you guys managed to mess bristle up i don't really get it...first off if you guys are gonna use that body on bristle just make bristle a wolf...please... bristle right now is like nidalee cougar + boar + rengar + ???... again just make bristle a wolf... please...

sabertusk sejuani: not much...
sabertusk bristle: looks so wrong in many ways i don't even want to start...

darkrider sejuani:
http://www.surrenderat20.net/2013/04...pdate-wip.html
while the base skin sejuani looks great this one does not... unevenly distributed/balance of details, helmet looks bad... where's the horn/horns? her armor lacks fur and looks ugly on the back side... her feet armor looks weird and the texture stretched... i still prefer the high boots, i strongly believe darkrider sejuani is an unfinished skin.... viewing her top side it looks like her boobs are colored green yet when you look at the her back her skin is violet-bluish yet when you look at her face its light-ice blue... whats with this? did i mention her back side... its VERY ugly...
darkrider bristle:
looks mighty cool she retains the feel of the old bristle... tail looks like a rat's please put fur on the end or just make it shorter .... it doesn't look good... make the armor on bristle's back bigger or cover more... she looks just like a gorilla viewed from back... (would definitely make wukong cry...)
i'd appreciate it if the eyes glowed in another color, icy white or blue to add contrast, similar with the sejuani armor, please retain the old darkrider color, the one right now looks too greenish,,, make her tusk whiter, bristle's tusk right now looks like wood... and finally the eyes... the main helmet eyes looks like a wierd mayan idol.... why not make it a little more similar to the skeleton eyes on her shoulder armor...her saddle is maybe a little too strong of a brown don't you think?

??? queen sejuani ???:
http://www.surrenderat20.net/2013/04...pdate-wip.html
finally! something done right! good job riot i like it VERY MUCH, i don't even see the reason why i bothered to comment on the previous skins! she's perfect! just the way i envisioned you'd make her! i don't think that's the right size of shield though, just remove the shield altogether, its PERFECT!
wait WHAT!? its not a skin? its the concept that informed her relaunch look? how did the relaunch look look so ugly then? -.- you guys should definitely release this skin (without the shield or with an improved shield)

Animation:

if its what i think it is,,,, then her dance does not look like a dance... same with her taunt... the old one was better...

frost debuff: its nice and visually pleasing and informing, great job

frost armor:
could be more solid rather than blue cold smoke... doesn't look like armor and neither will it tell the enemy "hey i have this cool armor when i hit you"

northern winds: just incorporate the old animation and particles with the new one, the previous was much more visible and more beautiful, i don't really like the concept of her swinging her mace around... how is she even supposed to attack with her flail swinging...

arctic assault:
i like the old one better with ice flying around as she dashes, you guys could just incorporate that with the new animation, her ice blast at the end of the charge should be more visible, overall the animation on arctic assault lacks a lot of omph!

permafrost:
not visible... looks negligible, the old one did a better job of showing it and letting the enemy feel it... this one looks weak...

glacial prison:
the old one had a lot better feel for the ult, encasing foes hit within ice. i like how the new one displays the aoe, the presence is good with the new one but the sound and power was more felt with the last ult animation

Abilities:
passive:
all she needed here was a 5%-10% slow increase, distributed as she levels...
you reduce her base armor and armor per level by roughly 10 points in total then you add 10-25 armor.... 10-25% slow negate... you guys said that the 10% slow per hit was unnoticeable yet you put in her 10% slow negation... what the hell... i never really needed slow reduction on sej cuz even if they did slow me they'd be slower than me with permafrost... and most of the time im not the one being slowed but my carry... what i needed was to slow my enemies for my teammates to catch up if ever my perma was on cd... just remove the slow negate for a little mres, that'd be more useful... im very dissapointed on her new passive, i really expected a lot more creativity from riot than this... frost slow was removed for this... i was expecting something more unique... it looks rushed of a passive...

arctic assault:
this is a major buff... i admit that the previous had unnoticeable damage and is used mostly for mobility and frost application this adds depth and use to the skill! i like this change... looks overpowered but i wouldnt really know unless i have tried her

northern winds:
i guess this is where you took the damage from for arctic assault, duration down from 6 to 4 sec. total damage at level 5 from
(264 to 396) + (0.6 to 0.9 ap) + (12% to 18% max hp) in 6 sec
(176 to 264) + (0.4 to 0.6 ap) + (8% to 12% max hp) in 4 sec
down to
(120 + (0.3 ap)) + (240 + (0.6 ap)) + 16% bonus hp in 4 sec
this is a LOT less damage and makes building her pure hp worth less especially if you consider the full duration... but its fine i guess because of arctic assault buff...

permafrost:
i like how you guys changed this skill to open up new plays and ways to build sej. increasing level 1 slow to 50% from 30% maxing both at 70% means the skill can be left at level 1 for some builds, while reducing its initial duration to 2s from a flat 3 also makes this a skill worth leveling not too far ahead.
the frost debuff though... maybe you guys should just include it in the main passive rather than here, unfortunately frost debuff is just a name now. not much use rather than for permafrost... it feels very lackluster considering the nice animation it plays on frosted targets, you'd actually expect more from it...

overall:
with these changes, sejuani's chasing and holding power is diminished for more damage oriented play... looking into this this is actually a nerf in my opinion... being a tank its not really your main role to dish out damage, and sej's damage before was already pretty damn fine, the nerf to her slowing capabilities due to permafrost's initial duration, the loss of frost and the 0.5 sec reduced ult stun duration on priority targets has a greater impact on her tanking capabilities than the damage she has acquired now... its a lot different play from the old sej... i cant really say if its good or bad unless i try it out myself...

Neo Queen

04-03-2013

Again, gonna miss the ol' W/Northern Winds.

DEagleEye

04-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anais View Post
Again, gonna miss the ol' W/Northern Winds.
New northern winds, i think is alright, but goddam its annoying to re-cast it if your out of auto-range... i keep forgetting, and ppl escaping on 20 hp, definetly not cool....

BXAlbatross

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meddler View Post
Hi folks,

We’re considering making some gameplay changes to Sejuani at the moment. As a result I'm looking to gather some thoughts on her current gameplay, in particular:

1. What do you like about her current kit/what would you be saddened to see changed or removed?

2. What do you dislike about her current kit?

3. What would you like to see tweaked or added?
I like the current changes but I want her ult to remain the same. It was so fantastic and clutch and really made Sej the enormous threat she is supposed to be.

catraven

04-03-2013

her passive should be the boar eats dead enemies for a steroid....o well

Terra Enigma

04-16-2013

Hey Meddler how are you doing so? How is work going? And where do you get all the asian girls at Riot?

Azthioth

04-16-2013

Love Sej. One of my mains and my only jungler. Love the VR, and her new passive. HATE HATE HATE that her arctic assault is gone. That was one of my favorite things about her. With CDR you could have it going none stop.

Made her a dps machine and a tank with the right items. Oh well, Don't use karma anymore, I hope Sej is not the same.

Sir Bulbasaur

04-16-2013

Her passive should scale through the game like a lot of other passives