Looking for Sejuani Feedback

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pixelated Boobs

03-25-2013

Hey... I'm actually a fan of her current looks. Can you do, similar to the Karma rework her default skin now an external skin so me, a dedicated sejuani player can keep her old looks?

Riot pls!

I will gib u cooki ironstalys!!!

Timjin

03-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixelated Boobs View Post
Hey... I'm actually a fan of her current looks. Can you do, similar to the Karma rework her default skin now an external skin so me, a dedicated sejuani player can keep her old looks?

Riot pls!

I will gib u cooki ironstalys!!!
They already are.

degoNite

03-25-2013

Can't wait to see what they will do with Sej she is very fun to play but I can see her flaw as a jungler getting to the backline isn't to easy for her as others like Jarven and Xin

Shadily

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-25-2013

1. Her current kit has all of the necessary tools to be a strong solo-top or jungler, she is however lacking in her way of scaling. I have played her as a solo-top and built her almost like Elise as a tanky AP but she is just simply outclassed in that role. Her amount of CC is amazing and works extremely well with the way her abilities work. She has a very good gap-closer and/or escape that can help her lock down kills or get out of the most dangerous of situations. Her W is a great AOE that allows permafrost to nearly get to every member of the enemy team, making her E that much stronger. And not to mention a very deadly and game-changing ultimate when landed correctly.

2. Sejuani's base damages on her W and E seem very lacking and she does not have the AP(or AD) scaling that would support her having such low bases. While she does have damage coming from her % Health, it is very low scaling and has almost no effect other than a slow on anybody but the enemy ADC. her E, while is used as a heavy slow, is also exceptionally low damage unless Sej builds a lot of AP.

3. Personally, I love her kit and her style of play. She can be very mobile and excess of CC allows her to get away from dangerous scenarios or lock-down an opponent in an infinite amount of ways. She is lacking damage in a health stacking meta, not to mention she is out-classed in her playstyle by many other champions. Simple buffs to her base damages(not too high though) will make her a very strong champion in many different scenarios and team compositions.

Please Note(if Riot does come across this post): I do not commonly play Sejuani, but she is a champion that I have studied often and tried to fit her into compositions with my team(we compete in small online tournaments such as Alienware Arena) and have enjoyed learning her. I recently during her free week decided to try her as a solo-top initially in a fun game with some friends and ended up taking her into a normal and playing exceptionally well even when put into a 1v2 lane. I found that she was exceptionally strong at locking down enemies for ganks (or in preparation for ganks). I strongly believe the simplicity of her fix is being over-looked and she really just needs her base damages or AP ratios buffed a slight bit. I may not be a pro, but I have seen some awful reworks/changes in my day(not just in LoL) and I would hate Sejuani to take this path. She is disputably one of the most interesting and fun to play champions in this game(to me) and I would love to just get her numbers to a state in which people can utilize her amazing kit while still being able to do more than tickle the enemy team.

IReadForFun

03-25-2013

@TP Shady

Her w doesn't apply frost, and her damage is very high for a tank. With absolutely no health modifications of any kind, her w deals 356 damage extra health bonus damage when she is lvl 18. This is only 40 less than the base damage of the spell. Given that she is a tank who scales amazingly with health items, it isn't uncommon for her to have 3500-4000 health, making her w deal >1k damage by itself to a frosted target. Multiple this by however many enemies you jump on and stick to, and you have some insane damage output over 6 seconds. Because of this, it isn't uncommon for sej to deal more damage in a game than the adc or mid.
The great thing about her low ap ratios is that it pays off more to go the health route and magic pen. She also doesn't suffer from any late game mana issues at all, meaning you don't have to build mana either. If you want to try her again today while she is still free to play, I really recommend building health with Liandry's Torment being your only ap item (the passive is fantastic on her as well). Abyssal is also a great choice if you don't have an AP caster who usually builds it, but I would make sure you have a high health pool first.

DekonCross

03-25-2013

I have a 72.7% win rate with her as jungle.

She can almost solo blue buff without smite red at lvl2 can be done without smite.

The only ap item i build on her is rylias scepter it applies slow to every thing and works well with her kit since other than her ulti she has no hard cc.

Her w could take a mana cost reduction as well as her q without blue buff she is oom in 4 uses of q +e not very useful since she is skill reliant to do dmg...

Drop her mana costs increase the hp scaling ratios on her w and she's perfectly op....

Prime Viridian

03-25-2013

I've always felt that sejuani just wasnt naturally tanky enough to do what she needed to do. Maybe have her take reduced damage from enemies affected by frost?

Thessalonike

03-25-2013

@ironstylus,

Since the vu it appears Sejuani will be left handed much like her "other" Darkrider skin.

Do you know if her traditional skin will be right handed while all her new vu skins will be left handed? Some, none or all the above?

JPandaGamer

03-25-2013

Honesty, I played my first few games as Sej yesterday, and I love her. My thoughts on the matter though is that she needs a few minor tweaks that can make her much stronger. Better base stats can give her a lot of early game tankiness that she is lacking (I mean she is a warrior on a big boar, she shouldn't be this fragile (EDIT: fragile isn't too good of a word, but she just doesn't seem tangly enough to me tbh). Give her q a small knockback (I was fighting a fiddle and the skill really felt like it should do it, so I messed up quite a bit that game). Her q is running a giant boar into the enemy, it seems unrealistic to not knockback. Also, increase the slow on permafrost, or maybe give it an attack speed debuff. My personal thought is that an attack speed debuff could be incredibly satisfying and would greatly increase her jungling potential by increasing sustain.
All of this might be overkill, as I dont find her all too underpowered, but she is just greatly outclassed and this can bring her up to par with everyone

tommytk

03-27-2013

bump