Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Help with S3 AP Karma Build

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lil Miss Lori

12-15-2012

I'm currently saving up for Karma to play as AP Mid, because I'm so totally hipster like that. She may be underplayed, but I really like her spell kit. I'm a fan of support / support AP (I "main" Nami and Lux) so I can't wait to give her a try.

This is what I'm attempting to do:

1. Crystalline Flask, Faerie Charm, 2 pots
2. Reg boots & Chalice
3. Sorc boots
4. Athene's
5. DFG (*At full CDR now*)
6. Rabadon's
7. Various defense/health items

I'm trying to rush 40% CDR. I already have ~10% through runes and masteries. Also, I plan on adding health items at the end (if I get that far) due to her passive. I'll be able to stay alive longer at low percentage.

Would this be better?

1. Boots, 3 pots
2. Haunting Guise
3. CDR Boots
4. Liandry's
5. Athene's
6. Rabadon's
7. Various defense/health items

Which do you think...? Any tips would be awesome =D

acosn

12-15-2012

There's absolutely no survivability in that build. There's no value in rushing 40% CDR. While it's certainly important, early game it is far more important that you hit hard, and stay alive than hitting frequently.

Other than boots your first composite item should always be a mixed offense / defense item like ROA, or Rylai's.

Your second composite item in a fairly normal game should always be Rab's. Because it works so well with your passive. On occasion this will change.

Lil Miss Lori

12-16-2012

Quote:
acosn:
There's absolutely no survivability in that build. There's no value in rushing 40% CDR. While it's certainly important, early game it is far more important that you hit hard, and stay alive than hitting frequently.

Other than boots your first composite item should always be a mixed offense / defense item like ROA, or Rylai's.

Your second composite item in a fairly normal game should always be Rab's. Because it works so well with your passive. On occasion this will change.

Thanks! When someone else commented on Karma in another post, they said rushing 40% CDR is a *must* for her, and that survivability was second priority. However, when I played her, I noticed a serious issue with squishiness. Once I started rushing Catalyst / RoA, things got so much better.

So now I'm thinking...
Boots 3
Catalyst
CDR Boots
RoA
Athene's
Rabadon

Or RoA -> Rabadon -> Athene's, depending.