Role Picking

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Crona

12-15-2012

I noticed a lot of problems occur even before the game starts when people rush to call roles. Sometimes people fight and cause others to feed intentionally or just not play well. Riot needs to put an option when you go into a game variant of your choice and be able to check a box of what role you are playing then match you up with other roles so everyone is happy. This will make teams better and keep everyone enjoying the game. How many times do you have to sit in rooms and go through 4 dodges before you can even play? Just an idea maybe still have games where you do not have to pick roles. This could make the game more enjoyable for everyone.

Zombie Bruiser

12-15-2012

I made a post regarding this below. Take a look

JakAttack47

12-15-2012

Amazetastic idea. Really.

verney

12-15-2012

I was literally about to post a topic about this very idea, i hate going into a game with some friends, ether someone argues over a position, or someone is forced to play a role their not comfortable with. I 100% think they should implement some sort of idea like this, but one thing I've been wondering...

would the game be as fun if you didn't fight over what you wanted to play?
Like, if you got to play the role you wanted all the time, would you keep enjoying the game? isn't forcing you to play different roles what keeps the game fresh?

and on a second note, if we didn't complain about how the games are set up, what would we complain about next? would we complain more about champion balance? elo hell? the graphic style?

Yea i hate the way i have to fight for the role i want to play, yea i hate being forced to play roles that end up making me throw a game, but in the end, that chance makes me appreciate when i get to play the roles i want.

Vesuvias

12-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by verney View Post
Yea i hate the way i have to fight for the role i want to play, yea i hate being forced to play roles that end up making me throw a game, but in the end, that chance makes me appreciate when i get to play the roles i want.
Or you could learn to play a new role?

Seriously fellas, roles a metamorphic at most, and completely viscous at the best of times.

Riot literally just redid items in the attempt to BREAK the meta into something less rigid. Many new champs can jungle, adc isnt a bad choice mid again, eve is solid in the jungle and mid, you can take a solid AP top and own bruisers.

Change with the times.

Wolfynsong

12-17-2012

I despise the idea of adding any kind of role-queue to the game, for a number of reasons:

1. Team compositions are now essentially chosen by the matchmaker instead of by players.
2. Role queues are a prime target for trolls who, say, choose ADC and then pick a mid.
3. Role queues will not assure that a person is good at their role, nor does it ensure that they will work with our team composition.
4. Regardless of what anyone argues, it DOES stagnate the meta because now you're limited to having 1 jungler, 1 mid, 1-2 tops, etc. See point #1.
5. LF1M support please.

So basically a role-queueing system would solve little to nothing while at the same time introducing new issues into the game which don't need to exist.