@RIOT stop ignoring this

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dane Belthound

01-16-2013

A vote system is NEEDED in ranked.

You keep complaining about how high dodge rates and rather than look into WHY people are dodging, YOU ARE TRYING TO STOP US FROM DOING IT.

We are dodging because:

1) People cannot agree on roles, they are raging and there is no chemistry or team work from the start. THis typically results in someone making a troll pick to try and force someone else on the team to dodge because we don't want to lose elo and want a competitive and serious game.

2) There is an afk who random picks and IF he comes back expects someone else to dodge. Nuff said.

3) Someone is verbally abusing and raging. They are obviously not going to work well with the team.

4) Someone is intentionally trolling because they are 12. I ran into a guy a month ago who I talked to after the queue dodge. He let me know that he had trolled 14 matches that day because he likes watching people get upset.

This isn't us trying to find a "favorable" matchup as you so ignorantly put it on a regular basis. The majority of queue dodges are us trying to find a SERIOUS, COMPETITIVE game that isn't going to be a massacre because one or more of our team mates is an incompetent nincompoop or a 12 year old rager on a power trip.

We NEED a VOTING SYSTEM. Problem solved. Your excuses in the past have be:

4 man team will abuse this.

HUH? How? Vote system would only be in ranked. There is no such thing as a 4 man team.

This would prevent people from trying new meta.

BS.

Solo/Duo ranked is not the place to EXPERIMENT. And to be honest, as long as what you suggest in ranked is reasonable, people typically don't care and IF someone objects it is not ALL four people. If ALL FOUR people object it is typically something pretty stupid. And to kick someone ALL FOUR would need to agree.

I just went garen mid a few games ago. My team was fine with that because I explained that we had an ap jungle and ap top and garen countered their mid laner. No objections. I was reasonable and it wasn't an experiment.

If you want to TRY new meta go to NORMALS OR ranked 5v5. If you want to see how a practiced, new meta works. ASK YOUR TEAM, if they disagree or are not on board and the decision is unanimous then you are out of luck. If the other four people on your team are not on board and you do it anyways, YOU ARE WORKING AGAINST YOUR TEAM. This game is about team work and when you have a rogue agent who is going to do whatever they want it is counter productive.

FORCING people to queue with idiots, afks, and trolls does not encourage team work as you might naively believe. Most people WANT to work with their team. Most do not want to work with ragers, trolls, and afks. Which is why we dodge.

This idea that you have to try and prevent dodges is stupid.
As an educator that is such an asinine way to deal with the issue because it doesn't address the issue. That is like me wanting to stop a kid from crying by removing their tear ducts and vocal chords instead of figuring out why s/he is crying and figuring out how to remedy that. YOu just see a behavior you want to stop, and instead of figuring out why it is happening you instead are trying to instill fear of consequences in us. Any behavioral health professional will tell you THAT DOES NOT WORK. Think you would have learned by now. You have taken our elo, banned us etc and it isn't working. It is just pissing people off.

Dane Belthound

01-16-2013

bumps

jester82

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-16-2013

lol bump your own post made 2 hrs before ?

Dane Belthound

01-16-2013

Meh, it was on the second page, close to the third. At that point no one is gonna read it. Thanks for not responding to the issue at and and apparently only reading the reply.

Troa

01-16-2013

You have two topics. They were both very whiny, and this one has much to much text. Stop whining so much, chill out, and better organize thoughts before posting and you'll get people to read them more.

Dane Belthound

01-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troa View Post
You have two topics. They were both very whiny, and this one has much to much text. Stop whining so much, chill out, and better organize thoughts before posting and you'll get people to read them more.
1) You are whining about my "whining"

2) you complain about reading more than a paragraph

3) I articulated my points fine. You just didn't read it.

Devious Rogue

01-16-2013

"They Have Shen and Amumu. Kick someone so we can re-queue again."

Suddenly. Vote-kicks everywhere.

It is exactly as you said, people here are serious and competitive. They will use every edge at the disposal to win Games and ELO. OP Champs, Runes, Masteris. Everything. If they can vote-kick and avoid games they believe they are likely to lose... well, let's just say, it will be a lot harder to start a ranked game.

Zergleb

01-16-2013

You talk about ranked not being a place to experiment, but people are going to assume that you don't know what you are doing, even though you do. It's not experimenting but it's about convincing others of that.

I also agree with devious rogue, they will abuse the vote system. These 12 year olds aren't old enough to vote in an election that makes no difference to the country none the less an election that affects our actual game!

Dane Belthound

01-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devious Rogue View Post
"They Have Shen and Amumu. Kick someone so we can re-queue again."

Suddenly. Vote-kicks everywhere.

It is exactly as you said, people here are serious and competitive. They will use every edge at the disposal to win Games and ELO. OP Champs, Runes, Masteris. Everything. If they can vote-kick and avoid games they believe they are likely to lose... well, let's just say, it will be a lot harder to start a ranked game.
Rarely will you see 4 people kicking another person because they ALL believe they will lose and RARELY you will see shen and amumu as they are typically banned unless you are at high elo. THese are not feared champs so much at high elo. So your point is moot and over exaggerated.

Dane Belthound

01-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zergleb View Post
You talk about ranked not being a place to experiment, but people are going to assume that you don't know what you are doing, even though you do. It's not experimenting but it's about convincing others of that.

I also agree with devious rogue, they will abuse the vote system. These 12 year olds aren't old enough to vote in an election that makes no difference to the country none the less an election that affects our actual game!
Most of the time when people try to convince a queue that they are not experimenting, they have only tried it in normal blinds vs lvl 20s.

Again, you need ALL FOUR PEOPLE to agree. Rarely are you in a queue with four 12 year olds who think the same way.

Most people in ranked games are okay doing something different as long as IT MAKES SENSE.

For example, when I go Garen mid when my team has ap top and ap jungle and Garen counters their mid laner. THIS MAKES SENSE. It is different. BUT IT MAKES SENSE so people are okay with it.