Alternate Supports

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

grifbomber

12-15-2012

Has anybody had any luck using other champions in the support role besides the standard set of supports (soraka, taric, sona, etc.)?

I'm talking about building other characters just like you would use a traditional support with sightstones and letting the adc get the kills and cs.

I saw a support Olaf that was pretty scary but his team lost and a support Urgot but his team lost. I know you can't blame the loss entirely on the support though.

tl;dr: Have any other champions had success at support role besides the everyday supports.

Thanks!

adc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Master Recruiter

12-15-2012

Fiddlesticks is about as far out of the "everyday supports" area you can get and still have a decent support.

A support is a hero that does their job effectively without gold - Olaf and Urgot can't do that. They gibbed their team pretty hard.

For a gold reliant "support", you'd have to snowball the lane really hard.

neocow

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-15-2012

if you have a strong melee adc, Ashe support (slow/aurabot!) Is more interesting now more than ever. FM and runaans and you have pretty much a constant snare. CDR for ult and ashe should be back of the lines it makes sense to aura up.

FoxFish

12-15-2012

Volibear tends to work really well if you can get your ADC to play super aggressive. I have only played him a few times but I tend to do pretty good.

Ronin7o2

12-15-2012

I love to support as Morgana.

AnAngryArmadillo

12-15-2012

I love using Orianna support. Not exactly sure if she qualifies as an "Alternate" support though. Maxing R>E>W>Q has worked well for me in the past. The shield is enough to help win trades easily. Especially with the bonus armor on my carry. And the ball is fantastic for zoning the enemy carry and getting bush control. Even if you don't do much damage with it early on, they always seem scared of it, and if they aren't scared of it, you just keep poking them with it and your AA.