Role selection

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zombie Bruiser

12-15-2012

I'm probably not the first person to think of this but I think it would be fantastic if Riot introduced a system where players picked which role/roles they are willing to play and then match them in a game with players who picked seperate roles. This would be similar to how dungeon finder is used in World of Warcraft. I can't tell you how many times I've joined a game and people have argued over what role they are playing. So for example, I am in the mood to jungle so therefore on the game selection screen I would choose jungle as my role. This tool would then match me with 4 other players who did not select jungle as there primary role. Therefore the argument for who is playing what role is determined.

verney

12-15-2012

I was literally about to post a topic about this very idea, i hate going into a game with some friends, ether someone argues over a position, or someone is forced to play a role their not comfortable with. I 100% think they should implement some sort of idea like this, but one thing I've been wondering...

would the game be as fun if you didn't fight over what you wanted to play?
Like, if you got to play the role you wanted all the time, would you keep enjoying the game? isn't forcing you to play different roles what keeps the game fresh?

and on a second note, if we didn't complain about how the games are set up, what would we complain about next? would we complain more about champion balance? elo hell? the graphic style?

Yea i hate the way i have to fight for the role i want to play, yea i hate being forced to play roles that end up making me throw a game, but in the end, that chance makes me appreciate when i get to play the roles i want.

Zombie Bruiser

12-16-2012

You could always select "any role" and have it randomly put you into a role. I would do that often.

Vesuvias

12-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by verney View Post
I was literally about to post a topic about this very idea, i hate going into a game with some friends, ether someone argues over a position, or someone is forced to play a role their not comfortable with. I 100% think they should implement some sort of idea like this, but one thing I've been wondering...

would the game be as fun if you didn't fight over what you wanted to play?
Like, if you got to play the role you wanted all the time, would you keep enjoying the game? isn't forcing you to play different roles what keeps the game fresh?

and on a second note, if we didn't complain about how the games are set up, what would we complain about next? would we complain more about champion balance? elo hell? the graphic style?

Yea i hate the way i have to fight for the role i want to play, yea i hate being forced to play roles that end up making me throw a game, but in the end, that chance makes me appreciate when i get to play the roles i want.
Riot, I am nearly convinced that the same people are spamming the boards with this. The last post I made literally quoted this guy. Do something about him.

Bayonetwork

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-17-2012

I enjoy the short queue times, if there was role selection like WoW, then we'd be having 45 minute queues. Plus, what's to stop people from choosing a role different from what they signed up for? It's unneeded and like verney says,

Quote:
Originally Posted by verney
isn't forcing you to play different roles what keeps the game fresh?

Foxbyte

12-17-2012

I despise the idea of adding any kind of role-queue to the game, for a number of reasons:

1. Team compositions are now essentially chosen by the matchmaker instead of by players.
2. Role queues are a prime target for trolls who, say, choose ADC and then pick a mid.
3. Role queues will not assure that a person is good at their role, nor does it ensure that they will work with our team composition.
4. Regardless of what anyone argues, it DOES stagnate the meta because now you're limited to having 1 jungler, 1 mid, 1-2 tops, etc. See point #1.
5. LF1M support please.

So basically a role-queueing system would solve little to nothing while at the same time introducing new issues into the game which don't need to exist.

Frost Unit

12-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayonetwork View Post
I enjoy the short queue times, if there was role selection like WoW, then we'd be having 45 minute queues. Plus, what's to stop people from choosing a role different from what they signed up for? It's unneeded and like verney says,
So increase the elo range. Make it 1300~1400 instead of 1300~1320. With millions of players on at the same time, queue times won't go up a noticeable amount.
If they choose a role different from what they signed up with, make a report option, and they should get a month long ban from ranked play for the first time they do it. Repeated offenders will eventually get a permanent banned from ranked.
What do you mean it is "Unneeded" ? Are you saying it is fine the way it is? Because if you say it is, you have obviously not played enough ranked games in the 800~1600 elo range...