Riot... explain

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LeeGuvLejens

12-15-2012

The stage (our team first):
Top: Vlad v Riven
Mid: Veigar v Ev
Jungle: Shyv v Yi
Bot: Ez & Taric v Teemo & Soraka

The game:
They were HEAVY AP so we react and ensure we all pack MR (me especially as taric)
We knew we had to deny riven hard: DONE (severely out laned, out farmed, constant pressure).
We knew we had to slow yi: DONE (frequently counter jungled and his ganks failed)
We were pressured hard bot with soraka's sustain but we played defensively, made sure their ganks failed and ours succeeded.
We did have some trouble with Ev's visibility/roaming from mid but nothing serious.

THEN
the riven who has suffered ALL GAME steals a quadra from yi and suddenly it's like all our work went to ****.

Tell me... what is the point in playing a game where we know exactly what we have to do, performed and reacted accordingly, played well as a team and some BS player on some BS champ ks's a quadra and turns it around???
What's the point?
What
is
the
point?

Kchaosrei

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-15-2012

THe problem is here is how that fight went? did people focus rivan? Or was she allowed to jump around and smack people. was there armor on your team ect....

There is no way to really reply to this thread since there are so many variables. Some times u just get out played.

GuyWonder

12-15-2012

Don't stack on each other in a neat Quadra-able slash for Riven? That one is kind of on you guys.

Jamaree

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-15-2012

I think the lesson here is don't stack yourselves up to get easily quadra killed. Obviously, if you were so far ahead as you claimed, then you should have been winning outright, you and/or your team got cocky somewhere and opened yourself up to an opportunity to get quadrad and let Riven snowball, don't get cocky.

Mizzle Sticks

12-15-2012

Also, it's well known you kill the easiest target first. Or at least the easiest/most damaging champ. Why give a champ you've kept low an opportunity to come back in any way. Keep focus on the ones that have been down all game, make sure they continually are a non-issue. Because you never know when a Riven is gonna quad-ks and return the favor.

JustMyBassCannon

12-15-2012

EVERY champion is able to pull off ridiculous bull****. Just because you lost to a Riven because you let her pull of her strongest combo in a team fight doesn't mean she's stronger; it means your tactics are lacking.

NobSaiboot

12-15-2012

...L2Play?

X74X

12-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeGuvLejens View Post
The stage (our team first):
Top: Vlad v Riven
Mid: Veigar v Ev
Jungle: Shyv v Yi
Bot: Ez & Taric v Teemo & Soraka

The game:
They were HEAVY AP so we react and ensure we all pack MR (me especially as taric)
We knew we had to deny riven hard: DONE (severely out laned, out farmed, constant pressure).
We knew we had to slow yi: DONE (frequently counter jungled and his ganks failed)
We were pressured hard bot with soraka's sustain but we played defensively, made sure their ganks failed and ours succeeded.
We did have some trouble with Ev's visibility/roaming from mid but nothing serious.

THEN
the riven who has suffered ALL GAME steals a quadra from yi and suddenly it's like all our work went to ****.

Tell me... what is the point in playing a game where we know exactly what we have to do, performed and reacted accordingly, played well as a team and some BS player on some BS champ ks's a quadra and turns it around???
What's the point?
What
is
the
point?
So you're an idiot for somehow being stupid enough to get an unfed Riven fed?
I think that's the point. Just because a champion isn't fed doesn't mean they're still no threat. A non-snowballing Riven, granted, is pretty weak and easy to kill, but for you to give her a quadra? Yeah, you deserved to lose that one. If there is an underfed champion, that is the one you should be focusing. What's the point of having them underfed if you're giving them potential chances to make your work all in vain? I mean, even if she WAS fed you should be focusing her; Riven is usually going to be the one dishing out most of the damage in a short amount of time in that case, but she's only melee and isn't very tanky, she's EASY to focus.

I also looked up the game's stats:
http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/25800426#history

4th game, OP was Taric. There's really no excuse for this. You guys had enough CC to be able to shut her down with no problem, and she was using ZERO defensive items besides that 250 health bonus on BC. Also, did you see her runes and the fact that she had to start with Doran's? That was a pretty horrible Riven if nothing else, and it sure says a lot about you considering the fact that it's apparent you DIDN'T take any precautions to make her useless.

You had 9 deaths and 2 kills.
Vlad had 8 deaths and 3 kills.
Ezreal had 8 kills and 7 deaths.
Shyvana had 9 kills and 7 deaths. Also, you can't put "Lane pressure" on a Riven with jungle Shyvana, her ganks are horrible because she has ZERO CC.
Veigar had 9 kills and 10 deaths.

Now look at the enemy team's scores. The Riven you're *****ing about had 17 kills and 7 deaths, and 125 minion kills and the game only lasted 36 minutes, granted Vlad had more, but didn't use his gold wisely at all. You call that denied? There is no way you ever outlaned her. They didn't do quite as bad as you (specifically you) and Vlad did, in fact, Vlad did nothing to build against his lane! It takes more than just killing a player a few times to make them less of a threat late game; it's not like they directly lose gold for dying. They can still always come back with enough farming, which she probably did, but you just hammered the last nail on the coffin when you didn't focus her and you and Vlad became responsible for feeding her.

As far as I can tell, at no point were you EVER winning that game.

Nea De Penserhir

12-15-2012

^^^^ Served. o.o

LeeGuvLejens

01-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by X74X View Post
So you're an idiot for somehow being stupid enough to get an unfed Riven fed?
I think that's the point. Just because a champion isn't fed doesn't mean they're still no threat. A non-snowballing Riven, granted, is pretty weak and easy to kill, but for you to give her a quadra? Yeah, you deserved to lose that one. If there is an underfed champion, that is the one you should be focusing. What's the point of having them underfed if you're giving them potential chances to make your work all in vain? I mean, even if she WAS fed you should be focusing her; Riven is usually going to be the one dishing out most of the damage in a short amount of time in that case, but she's only melee and isn't very tanky, she's EASY to focus.

I also looked up the game's stats:
http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/25800426#history

4th game, OP was Taric. There's really no excuse for this. You guys had enough CC to be able to shut her down with no problem, and she was using ZERO defensive items besides that 250 health bonus on BC. Also, did you see her runes and the fact that she had to start with Doran's? That was a pretty horrible Riven if nothing else, and it sure says a lot about you considering the fact that it's apparent you DIDN'T take any precautions to make her useless.

You had 9 deaths and 2 kills.
Vlad had 8 deaths and 3 kills.
Ezreal had 8 kills and 7 deaths.
Shyvana had 9 kills and 7 deaths. Also, you can't put "Lane pressure" on a Riven with jungle Shyvana, her ganks are horrible because she has ZERO CC.
Veigar had 9 kills and 10 deaths.

Now look at the enemy team's scores. The Riven you're *****ing about had 17 kills and 7 deaths, and 125 minion kills and the game only lasted 36 minutes, granted Vlad had more, but didn't use his gold wisely at all. You call that denied? There is no way you ever outlaned her. They didn't do quite as bad as you (specifically you) and Vlad did, in fact, Vlad did nothing to build against his lane! It takes more than just killing a player a few times to make them less of a threat late game; it's not like they directly lose gold for dying. They can still always come back with enough farming, which she probably did, but you just hammered the last nail on the coffin when you didn't focus her and you and Vlad became responsible for feeding her.

As far as I can tell, at no point were you EVER winning that game.
I think it's obvious from the tone of my post that it was initiated in frustration and I'll always kick myself for reactions like that. At the time it felt so unjustified, Riven snatched a quadra, flicked the switch and from that moment on it was The Riven Show. Riven's kills (and therefore approximately half of all the deaths on our team) all came from the quadra onwards.

I'd all but forgotten about this thread because I honestly wasn't expecting any replies (sure enough, when you post in frustration you open yourself to heated replies and the quality one-liners); it was more for the cathartic value. When I did remember I was surprised to see the activity and I really valued X74X's reply. I have no issue being served if the person doing the serving is then going to open the playbook and illustrate just how stupid I was being.

"Just because a champion isn't fed doesn't mean they're still no threat." There's the lesson I was missing and a rather crucial one for the role I was playing (wiping the egg off one's face).

I also didn't know that game history was a feature of the lolking site, it hasn't been on of my main reference sites; something I'll have to remedy.

@X74X; I'd also value it if you had the time to expand on how Vlad "didn't use his gold wisely at all." (I'm aware the game data will be long gone, I'm after more of a conceptual response)