Backdoorers

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Soraka Goes Mid

12-15-2012

It's strategy. You know how to counter it? Map awareness. I once won a game by backdooring the inner top lane turret, the inhib and inhib turret, both nexus turrets, and the nexus all in one go (took about 2 minutes including waiting for minions, I was level 18 Varus), but it only worked because the enemy team had no map awareness at all and didn't realize I was destroying their base. At higher levels of play, this doesn't work because the enemy team will be smart enough to go and kill you before you destroy their base.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

12-15-2012

If your 5 are stomping their 4 so hard, then stop sending 5 to stomp their 4. Send 4 to fight their 4 and a 5th to either backdoor another lane (so two backdoorers race) or to go fight off the champion that is backdooring.

Radinferno

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PogoPogoPogoPogo View Post
If your 5 are stomping their 4 so hard, then stop sending 5 to stomp their 4. Send 4 to fight their 4 and a 5th to either backdoor another lane (so two backdoorers race) or to go fight off the champion that is backdooring.
or have 5 to stomp their 4, then have a 5 man push mid. i'm pretty sure 5 people can kill nexus faster than 1 person can

PogoPogoPogoPogo

12-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by NidoRad View Post
or have 5 to stomp their 4, then have a 5 man push mid. i'm pretty sure 5 people can kill nexus faster than 1 person can
This doesn't really work in the following situation:

Your top lane has 2 dead turrets.
Their mid lane has 0 dead turrets.

The 5v4 face off is in mid lane. The backdoorer is in top lane. A champion that is good at backdooring can easily manage to kill 3 turrets, an inhibitor, and a Nexus, before the 5v4 win their 5v4, kill 5 turrets, an inhibitor, and a nexus.

HoWallaWoH

12-15-2012

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that once PogoPogoPogoPogo has posted on a thread....the issue was either answered or resolved. gosh, I just can't seem to find that post.....Hmmmm, may have to do some more digging on that. The guy is spot on in this situation, and if you look at his track record for forum posts, he is almost always able to answer/resolve the issue. Props to you Pogo! As always GL and HF!

King Kappa

12-15-2012

Base race them, that 1 backdoorer can't possibly hope to compete with 5 people after you win a 4v5. You'll just end up winning the game faster is all.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

12-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoWallaWoH View Post
I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that once PogoPogoPogoPogo has posted on a thread....the issue was either answered or resolved. gosh, I just can't seem to find that post.....Hmmmm, may have to do some more digging on that. The guy is spot on in this situation, and if you look at his track record for forum posts, he is almost always able to answer/resolve the issue. Props to you Pogo! As always GL and HF!
This thread is not resolved until your post has at least +10 thumbs up.

Voyles

12-15-2012

If this game was just about kills, it would be just a team death match with no objective. Since there is an objective, there are strategies such as backdooring. This is also the argument I have had with people who think ELO should be about kills and assists.