A New Champion Approaches Lux, the Lady of Luminosity

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

tbrett54

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-16-2010

can this plz be 1350?

xxKayvanxx

10-16-2010

Finales Funkeln (Ultimate): After a short delay, Lux fires a laser pulse in front of her dealing damage to all enemy units in the area, as well as blinding them for up to 3 seconds

I hope to god it looks like this :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyuNidSrVik

LawliPOP

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-16-2010

no offense, but can u show the character art again, players would also love to compare the concept are too.

sut004

10-16-2010

i will see him

BriiiicckSquuuad

Tharoh

10-16-2010

she has similar spells to ezreal

Kairi Asamaki

10-18-2010

I was originally interested in this character, but now not so much. *I* find it a bit upsetting that RIOT would pay attention to something like this. Probably 90% that LIKED her splash image model didn't say anything, where probably 95% that didn't come here and complain. There are people who liked her old model, and the new one is... awkward to say the least. Personally I find Cho'Gath, Kog'Maw, and Urgot to all be absolutely hideous. So what? If you can't play Lux because you just don't like the model that's YOUR problem.

Second, Now she kinda seems like she's a Morgana-wanna-be instead of something cool and unique. There are not that many stealthers to begin with, and stealth can be circumvented using Oracle potions. so what if it's 400g, either get the pots or don't. If you choose not to, don't cry "boo hoo i can't see stealth" because the option is there if you bother to use it. Then on top of it all, "game-breaking" skills can easily be balanced by cooldowns and effect durations.

Personally, a LOT of characters have "OP'd" skills, but theres ways around them and past them. I can't stand Karthus' ultimate. That TECHNICALLY can be called OPed. He hits ALL enemy champs across the entire map for a pretty good chunk of damage. No aiming or anything required. Wow, so I can either whine and cry he's OP'd nerf nerf nerf, or step up and prove my brain still functions and bypass it with smart playing and strategy. Buy Resist, don't fight till I have 5hp left, etc.

I'm sick of people who cry it's too OP'd, NERF it so I don't have to actually try. Time and time again these people RUIN games or specific mechanics. It's disappointing to think that RIOT would completely change the ability instead of just balancing it. Simply put, ask a pair of questions. "Is there a way around or to defeat the supposedly OP'd ability?" and "Is the means of defeating or bypassing the skill accessible to most CHARACTERS?" Take player skill out of the equation. Some people are good enough almost nobody can get away/hit them, but that's because of the player, not the character.

Karthus' ultimate can be controlled using defenses and not getting careless with hp, Ezreal I'll admit can be a horrid pain, but I can still see the difference from a player who can read my movements and one that's shooting wild. In both cases I can exhibit some control, so no, neither are really OP'd exept to whiny NERF babies who would rather just cry that something that they WANT to do doesn't work so other's should be nerfed so they don't have to adapt.

**This post is my personal opinion and observations of experiences I have had in the past. They in no way are intended to influence RIOT or it's affiliates. I do not know anyone here personally or otherwise, and therefore am in no way referencing any individual personally. I do not acknowledge or care about flaming, so those that have no REAL means of debating the issue be advised you only waste your own time. Others who may have actual reasoning why mechanics is an issue please state your justifications. I admit I skimmed to go through the list quick and might have missed any pertinent information, though i still feel MOST issues could be resolved via cooldown / duration adjustments**

LoL Nimmo

10-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by kairi asamaki View Post
i was originally interested in this character, but now not so much. *i* find it a bit upsetting that riot would pay attention to something like this. Probably 90% that liked her splash image model didn't say anything, where probably 95% that didn't come here and complain. There are people who liked her old model, and the new one is... Awkward to say the least. Personally i find cho'gath, kog'maw, and urgot to all be absolutely hideous. So what? If you can't play lux because you just don't like the model that's your problem.

Second, now she kinda seems like she's a morgana-wanna-be instead of something cool and unique. There are not that many stealthers to begin with, and stealth can be circumvented using oracle potions. So what if it's 400g, either get the pots or don't. If you choose not to, don't cry "boo hoo i can't see stealth" because the option is there if you bother to use it. Then on top of it all, "game-breaking" skills can easily be balanced by cooldowns and effect durations.

Personally, a lot of characters have "op'd" skills, but theres ways around them and past them. I can't stand karthus' ultimate. That technically can be called oped. He hits all enemy champs across the entire map for a pretty good chunk of damage. No aiming or anything required. Wow, so i can either whine and cry he's op'd nerf nerf nerf, or step up and prove my brain still functions and bypass it with smart playing and strategy. Buy resist, don't fight till i have 5hp left, etc.

I'm sick of people who cry it's too op'd, nerf it so i don't have to actually try. Time and time again these people ruin games or specific mechanics. It's disappointing to think that riot would completely change the ability instead of just balancing it. Simply put, ask a pair of questions. "is there a way around or to defeat the supposedly op'd ability?" and "is the means of defeating or bypassing the skill accessible to most characters?" take player skill out of the equation. Some people are good enough almost nobody can get away/hit them, but that's because of the player, not the character.

Karthus' ultimate can be controlled using defenses and not getting careless with hp, ezreal i'll admit can be a horrid pain, but i can still see the difference from a player who can read my movements and one that's shooting wild. In both cases i can exhibit some control, so no, neither are really op'd exept to whiny nerf babies who would rather just cry that something that they want to do doesn't work so other's should be nerfed so they don't have to adapt.

**this post is my personal opinion and observations of experiences i have had in the past. They in no way are intended to influence riot or it's affiliates. I do not know anyone here personally or otherwise, and therefore am in no way referencing any individual personally. I do not acknowledge or care about flaming, so those that have no real means of debating the issue be advised you only waste your own time. Others who may have actual reasoning why mechanics is an issue please state your justifications. I admit i skimmed to go through the list quick and might have missed any pertinent information, though i still feel most issues could be resolved via cooldown / duration adjustments**
tl;dr

Byakkychan

10-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chodezilla View Post
Is it just me or have the last few champions been some sort of mage?
I agree with that too.
and
Is it just me or have the last few champions been recommend?

RoBoGeM

10-19-2010

Lux is a Firin' her lazor!

(Sorry I just had to ^.^)