A New Champion Approaches Lux, the Lady of Luminosity

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Firadin

Senior Member

10-15-2010

Go to Elo hell and you'll notice how many people think AS is a good stat and malady pwns. They must be right! oh wait...


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ferisar

Senior Member

10-15-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Entropy View Post
Lol this is not true at all, I would say it is more likely you have that statistic the wrong way around. The earth being round was common knowledge of that day and age, when shipping was such a booming industry. People could tell the earth was not flat because of the fact that a ship would look like it was going down a hill as it left the docks. If the earth was flat you could see the ship until it was so far away it was just a tiny speck in your vision.
Wow, you're a complete idiot.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TanktheAlmighty

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

10-15-2010

why is this thread still going? they have already said they are changing her. what is the point of harping on a moot point?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Firadin

Senior Member

10-15-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanktheAlmighty View Post
why is this thread still going? they have already said they are changing her. what is the point of harping on a moot point?
To troll


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Edomae

Junior Member

10-15-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Entropy View Post
Lol this is not true at all, I would say it is more likely you have that statistic the wrong way around. The earth being round was common knowledge of that day and age, when shipping was such a booming industry. People could tell the earth was not flat because of the fact that a ship would look like it was going down a hill as it left the docks. If the earth was flat you could see the ship until it was so far away it was just a tiny speck in your vision.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatl View Post
You didn't get a very high grade in your history classes, did you?
Regardless of whatever flaming this subject has to do with anything:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myth_of_the_Flat_Earth

That said, truth is not democratic.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Melanchior

Senior Member

10-15-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightmareZelkin View Post
If 95% of people say I'm right, then I must be right. Majority wins, moron. We live in a democracy, not a fascist communism. That means your whole fascist argument is moot, which means you're wrong. STFU.

If 95% of the people are wrong, but say you are right, does that make you right? Democracy is the law of the majority, not the law of the reasonable, intelligent, honest, or just. And don't give me that **** about 'the majority' knowing what is best. Democracy is so easily corruptible it quickly falls into oligarchy, and then fascism.


Quote:
Originally Posted by NightmareZelkin View Post
If I hold an opinion similar in value (if not equivalent to) the masses, then that means I share the obviously higher opinion value. Therefore, you're wrong. Therefore, I'm right. Therefore, sit down kid and let the adults talk.

There is no such thing as "higher opinion value". There are subjective opinions, which are based on personal preference and hold no value except to the individual, which is what most of this thread consists of. Then there are constructive subjective opinions, in which preference is explained and rationalised. And then there is constructive criticism, in which personal preferences are all put aside, and a thing is handled with logic. Only the latter two hold value, but not as opinion, but as description.


Quote:
Originally Posted by NightmareZelkin View Post
Oh, I look at it for what it is, which is a prostitute teenage cheerleader. Again, this wouldn't be a problem if you saw the world in a proper, realistic view as opposed to going to the nearby street corner and picking up a hooker every night.

Yes, I imagine the artist called you on your phone to tell you that they meant to drew a cheerleading prostitude, only to have Riot hijack the picture and lie to everyone about it in hopes for more $$$.

And who are you to say who has a proper, realistic view of the world? Don't you know that it's impossible to determine such a thing? I don't have it, and you sure as hell don't either.


Quote:
Originally Posted by NightmareZelkin View Post
Your art sense is corrupted by a seemingly skewed view derived from your belief that the art sense of LoL is cartoony, which makes you wrong, which means you know very little about Riot's art direction, which means STFU and sit down.

Riot's art direction is a multitude of things, derived from a combination of Asian, western and Egyptian aesthetics. I know more about their direction than you can ever hope to.

Yet more of your "I AM GREATER THAN YOU, SILENCE WHILE I VOICE MY PERFECT OPINION WHICH EXCEEDS ANYTHING YOU CAN EVER HOPE TO ACCOMPLISH IN YOUR MORTAL LIFE!"

You talk as if you know anything about their art direction, but you use vague terms like "Asian aesthetics" and "western aesthetics", which have absolutely NO meaning. And even though It's easy enough to see what you meant to say when you used the words "Egyptian aesthetics", but tell me where the hell do you see anything close to Egyptian thematically, other than Nasus?

And you don't believe their art direction is cartoony? Why do you rush to attack that statement? There is nothing wrong with cartoony. I never said anything like that. Anyway I can admit that Swain, Xin Zhao and some have a much more serious design about them.. but look at the following:

-the trees
-the minions
-the yordles
-Annie
-roughly half of the custom skins.

These are quintessential examples of cartooniness in LoL's artwork. And so what? There's nothing wrong with it.


Quote:
Originally Posted by NightmareZelkin View Post
Keep your opinions to yourself. They're obviously very wrong. This is the wrong place to be stating them.
Yes, you're right, it is my dire mistake to assume that the forums are here for free discussions and comments. I'm so deeply sorry for this misunderstanding. I will leave now, in hopes that one day only people who agree with you will remain. If there is anything I can do for you or your family to make up for this trespass, let me know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightmareZelkin View Post
Now first off, Garen is an underpowered, endgame weak PoS.

Congratulations, your ePeen just exceeded the length of a lightyear.


Quote:
Originally Posted by NightmareZelkin View Post
Secondly, his design fits his lore. He's a heavily armored, large sword-wielding soldier-officer of Demacia. I don't see a helmet on his head. He's fine. You're stupid. Again, this is your very wrong and very skewed art sense talking, so I'm just going to ignore it.

"I look at it for what it is, which is a whirlwinding American football player. Again, this wouldn't be a problem if you saw the world in a proper, realistic view as opposed to going to the stadium to watch the sweaty jocks practicing their game every afternoon. Your art sense is corrupted by a seemingly skewed view derived from your belief that the art sense of LoL is serious business, which makes you wrong, which means you know very little about Riot's art direction, which means STFU and sit down."


Quote:
Originally Posted by NightmareZelkin View Post
We've established that your fascist argument is moot and wrong. We've also established that your opinion is wrong.

Fun fact: to establish something, you need a little thing called mutual agreement.


Quote:
Originally Posted by NightmareZelkin View Post
In summation, we can conclude 3 things:

1) Your art sense is a result of your attempt to contribute intelligence to this discussion, in addition to your knowing next to nothing about Riot's art direction.

Yeah, my art sense is the 'result' of an 'attempt' at writing something in a forum. Couldn't have said it better myself.


Quote:
Originally Posted by NightmareZelkin View Post
2) You seem to value your opinion over others, which is fine in most cases, but wrong in this one when you're trying to prove wrong an opinion that is considered right by the masses.

Again with your lack of logic.. how can you "prove" an opinion?

And also, how does considering something to be right automatically make it right?

If you don't answer these two questions in your reply, then everything you've said so far is immediately void.


Quote:
Originally Posted by NightmareZelkin View Post
3) You seem to hate democracy.

Oh absolutely. I stated some of my reasons above. If poorly educated masses who are easily led by propaganda and advertisement decide my fate, then why should I be happy about that?

But before you call me a socialist, communist or whatever ignorant childish rubbish, and prove that you have zero knowledge and understanding of political theory, I'll just say that there is really no need to bother. You already did that when you used the phrase "fascist communism".


Quote:
Originally Posted by NightmareZelkin View Post
TL;DR version: Sit down, STFU, keep your opinions to yourself and let the adults talk.

What adults?

And by the way I'm sitting :I ..or you think it is normal to stand up while typing on the computer?



TL;DR: You tried so hard, but failed. Have a nice day.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cirno9

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

10-15-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightmareZelkin View Post
*wall of text*
There is a "trick" called Ad Hominem that involves not arguing, but insulting so as to make your opponent look bad, and therefore, any opposing arguements will be ignored. Your post is probably the best example of this.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Reaganomics

Senior Member

10-15-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightmareZelkin View Post
fascist communism.
I would like to bring the idiocy of THIS contradiction to the attention of everyone.

"Communists believe in creating a world wide socialist state where all property and government are collectively owned by the workers, support the working class, believe in class conflict, they also believe in eradicating capitalism using revolutionary terror, believe in revolution, they believe in equality, abolition of money,commonly owned property and the gradual withering away of government to be replaced with direct democracy tribes who are self sufficient."

"Fascists believe in corporations having a large say in government, in private property, totalitarianism, they believe equality is not possible, believe in class collaboration, they believe in the teaching of Nietzsche (power is the object of power), they believe in singular dictatorships, they believe in populism, anti democracy, anti-parliament, militarism, nationalism, imperialism, anti communism, mixed socialism, conservatism, support the middle class, wanting a pre industrial revolution society, exploiting popular religion and being self sufficient."

So.... kudos to the genius who feels they are one in the same.

Also, really people? It's a game. Lighten up. So what if the character's art style wasn't to your liking... there are several champs who I think look beyond stupid but I'm not on some message bored whining about it for the better part of a week.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hitomi Agada

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Junior Member

10-15-2010

What the hell is wrong with you people.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Teryon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

10-15-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melanchior View Post
If 95% of the people are wrong, but say you are right, does that make you right? Democracy is the law of the majority, not the law of the reasonable, intelligent, honest, or just. And don't give me that **** about 'the majority' knowing what is best. Democracy is so easily corruptible it quickly falls into oligarchy, and then fascism. There is no such thing as "higher opinion value". There are subjective opinions, which are based on personal preference and hold no value except to the individual, which is what most of this thread consists of. Then there are constructive subjective opinions, in which preference is explained and rationalised. And then there is constructive criticism, in which personal preferences are all put aside, and a thing is handled with logic. Only the latter two hold value, but not as opinion, but as description.




Yes, I imagine the artist called you on your phone to tell you that they meant to drew a cheerleading prostitude, only to have Riot hijack the picture and lie to everyone about it in hopes for more $$$.

And who are you to say who has a proper, realistic view of the world? Don't you know that it's impossible to determine such a thing? I don't have it, and you sure as hell don't either.





Yet more of your "I AM GREATER THAN YOU, SILENCE WHILE I VOICE MY PERFECT OPINION WHICH EXCEEDS ANYTHING YOU CAN EVER HOPE TO ACCOMPLISH IN YOUR MORTAL LIFE!"

You talk as if you know anything about their art direction, but you use vague terms like "Asian aesthetics" and "western aesthetics", which have absolutely NO meaning. And even though It's easy enough to see what you meant to say when you used the words "Egyptian aesthetics", but tell me where the hell do you see anything close to Egyptian thematically, other than Nasus?

And you don't believe their art direction is cartoony? Why do you rush to attack that statement? There is nothing wrong with cartoony. I never said anything like that. Anyway I can admit that Swain, Xin Zhao and some have a much more serious design about them.. but look at the following:

-the trees
-the minions
-the yordles
-Annie
-roughly half of the custom skins.

These are quintessential examples of cartooniness in LoL's artwork. And so what? There's nothing wrong with it.




Yes, you're right, it is my dire mistake to assume that the forums are here for free discussions and comments. I'm so deeply sorry for this misunderstanding. I will leave now, in hopes that one day only people who agree with you will remain. If there is anything I can do for you or your family to make up for this trespass, let me know.




Congratulations, your ePeen just exceeded the length of a lightyear.





"I look at it for what it is, which is a whirlwinding American football player. Again, this wouldn't be a problem if you saw the world in a proper, realistic view as opposed to going to the stadium to watch the sweaty jocks practicing their game every afternoon. Your art sense is corrupted by a seemingly skewed view derived from your belief that the art sense of LoL is serious business, which makes you wrong, which means you know very little about Riot's art direction, which means STFU and sit down."





Fun fact: to establish something, you need mutual agreement on both sides





Yeah, my art sense is the 'result' of an 'attempt' at writing something in a forum. Couldn't have said it better myself.





Again with your lack of logic.. how can you "prove" an opinion?

And also, how does considering something to be right automatically make it right?

If you don't answer these two questions in your reply, then everything you've said so far is immediately void.





Oh absolutely. I stated some of my reasons above. If poorly educated masses who are easily led by propaganda and advertisement decide my fate, then why should I be happy about that?

But before you call me a socialist, communist or whatever ignorant childish rubbish, and prove that you have zero knowledge and understanding of political theory, I'll just say that there is really no need to bother. You already did that when you used the phrase "fascist communism".





What adults?

And by the way I'm sitting :I ..or you think it is normal to stand up while typing on the computer?



TL;DR: You tried so hard, but failed. Have a nice day.
Nightmare Zelkin better be a troll because this is the stupidest person it has ever been my misfortune to come accross in this game. It's people like him (rude, Dbaggy, hypocritical, unintelligent, and bossy) that really just keep me and a lot of other people from fully enjoying this game. Needs to grow up :/