Fiddlesticks support?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tùbby

Senior Recruiter

12-14-2012

Quick question for all you support players. I'm trying to add as much support champions to my pool as possible and was wondering if fiddle sticks is any good. I've heard of CLG using him with graves, is this still good after the new patch? if so what other ADC's can he support well with?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

AlwaysTwoAces

12-14-2012

I'm not sure if he's the best support out there. His crow to your face spam can be annoying in a lane if done right. I had to face this the other day, wasn't too bad though lol.

Tùbby

Senior Recruiter

12-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysTwoAces View Post
I'm not sure if he's the best support out there. His crow to your face spam can be annoying in a lane if done right. I had to face this the other day, wasn't too bad though lol.
not really looking to see if he is a top tier support, more of weather or not he is viable in ranked play if playing with a proper team comp. thank you for the reply though

deathmetalfan

12-14-2012

I would say that Fiddlesticks is not really viable in ranked against any bot lane which knows what they are doing. Sure, Fiddle has great CC but he's incredibly easy to kill. A good support will keep side brushes warded making Dark Wind harass risky.

Oh, and do not try this if your enemy team's support is Soraka. She's probably the hardest bot lane counter to support Fiddlesticks. She will silence you all day, her Consecration passive will reduce your harass to nothing and she will just keep healing up all your damage. A couple of weeks ago, I played Soraka alongside Graves against a Draven/Fiddlesticks bot lane. Needless to say, we won easily.

In short, this only works if Fiddle is able to snowball his lane into getting kills. Otherwise, not so much.

first time Vayne

12-15-2012

Fear op. Nuff said.

JRiMi

12-15-2012

He can be viable with a tanky jungle/top. I think it just takes alot of practice to pull off

Sephïroth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-15-2012

Before they changed the jungle, Fiddlesticks support was his most viable lane.

He has 3s FEAR, CRAZY HARRAS, Silence, and infinite sustain which also makes him tanky in a fight if he does get focused. He typically does have to build some AP in the latter half of the game though.

A good Fiddle support will completely zone out any ADC/Support combo without hard CC, and give one hell of a headache to those with.

Freon160

12-15-2012

Lets break support Fiddlesticks down to his basics
Fear, appropriate anti-gank tool and good for general harass
Silence, harass and saving your carry, but might accidentally bounce into minions and take farm
Drain, good for fights and sustaining yourself
Ult, keeps Fiddlesticks somewhat viable in late game

He looks like he would be a good support, but it's like taking Zilean support. They may be good at the role, but they would be much more profitable to the team in their typical roles.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

12-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freon160 View Post
He looks like he would be a good support, but it's like taking Zilean support. They may be good at the role, but they would be much more profitable to the team in their typical roles.
This isn't how you determine whether or not a champion is viable in any given role.

Jax is ideal in top lane, but he's a perfectly viable jungle as well. That he's great in top lane doesn't make him a bad choice for jungler. It only depends on what your other jungle choices could have been.

So that's how you must evaluate Fiddlesticks as support. Okay, sure, he may be better as a jungle (or some other role), but if you're in draft pick, chances are good that you called a role, not a champion, and you're going to fill that role. Not pick a champion and go where ever it's best for that champion to go.

So if you're in draft pick and you called support, you could choose Fiddlesticks, but to determine how viable he is, we must compare him to other supports.

By taking Fiddlesticks, are we worse off than what we could have had if we selected another support champion? Is Fiddlesticks a worse option than Zyra? Is he a worse option than Nunu? Is he a worse option than Sona? This is how we determine how good Fiddlesticks could be as a support--by comparing him to other champions that are viable supports... not by comparing him to how good he could be in other roles.

King Kappa

12-15-2012

Fiddlesticks is broken as support, max fear first for laning. His late game is probably better than any support in the game. He's good in conjunction with supporty junglers like nautilus and alistar, so if your team has one and they're going to build support just stack tons of AP on him and you'll probably win every game just from zhonya + ult on him LOL