Official "don't care about DoTA2" thread.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mogunz

10-13-2010

I don't give a **** about Icefrog.

aldariz

10-13-2010

oh look, its another dota copy. this is new and interesting.

JumboCactaur

10-13-2010

What's new about it is that its precicely a DotA copy, instead of being like it, it IS it.

What's old is new again, I guess.

j2QJjm9Q07WRRBRT

10-13-2010

Dota 2 is going to be awesome and there is nothing you can say that will stop it from crushing HoN.

LoL will survive because it caters to casuals. But competitive LoL will die when Dota 2 is released.

TyrantWD

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-13-2010

I don't see this being a problem for LoL, and when Valve's name attracts people to the genre, LoL may end up picking a lot more players as they discover a free to play alternate. Anyone who would rather be playing DotA on a new engine with better graphics, already is.

There is room in the genre for a new game with a fresh take on heroes and mechanics, but there can be only one DotA with better graphics, and I could see this killing HoN if the price is right.

If Riot can implement Magma Chamber, the graphics update and a replay/observer mode in by the time Dota2 is released, there could very well be a deluge of new players.

Raptamei

10-13-2010

LoL survived Dota 1. It will survive its graphical update, too. Provided Riot doesn't decide they're doomed and runs it into the ground for a quick buck instead.

HoN is dead. Its players complain that it doesn't have all of the Dota heroes and that it had the gall to change item names. Those players will immediately flock back to Dota 2.

Thrift

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-13-2010

The in game coaching sounds like an awesome idea. The interactive guides sounds okay. All 100+ heroes at launch. And the interaction between two heroes that have lore between them sounds awesome. I always did want Soraka and Warwick to exchange a few words when ever they were against each other.

Not to mention the TF2 people will probably get a hat for buying the game/get an achievement in the game, so more player base from there. Not to mention VALVe has a strong player base, people will buy the game just because VALVe's name on it. I'll try Dota 2, never played DotA, but I'll give it a try. If I like play which ever one I like more.

Also I bet Dota 2 will launch with replay :P

xSola

10-13-2010

I took one look, read about "virtual no changes to Dota", and stopped.

I see no point to a "Dota 2", if you're not really changing anything.

Wu Thuong

10-13-2010

Dota 2 = Death of HoN?

I mean LoL is more like a game itself, while both Dota 2 and HoN are copies of the original DotA game with improved graphics, ranking and other features.
Dont know how HoN will survive that. Dota 2 has just been announced but it seems to offer far more than HoN already.

RiotBuster

10-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mogunz View Post
I don't give a **** about Icefrog.
And I'm sure Icefrog could give a **** about you *****