Official "don't care about DoTA2" thread.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ProbablyTerribad

Recruiter

10-13-2010

Still playing DoTA, sup.

KalosCast

10-13-2010

I was genuinely pretty interested in it until I learned they weren't changing anything.

ProbablyTerribad

Recruiter

10-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by KalosCast View Post
I was genuinely pretty interested in it until I learned they weren't changing anything.
You really aren't embracing the nature of this thread.

InfinityD

10-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by KalosCast View Post
Agreed. Read "Gameplay will stay virtually unchanged from DoTA" and lost all interest.

JumboCactaur

10-13-2010

Same. If it was a over shoulder 3rd person game played like WoW in a DotA battlefield... then I'd be interested.

Like Monday Night Combat + the hero diversity of LoL or DotA. That would be interesting.

EuryBartleby

10-13-2010

Meh. There are many reasons I'm playing LoL instead of DotA. To make this post short, one of them is denying.

So, meh again.

EvilGenus

10-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by EuryBartleby View Post
Meh. There are many reasons I'm playing LoL instead of DotA. To make this post short, one of them is denying.

So, meh again.
but they added reliable/unreliable gold!

</sarcasm>

Robok

10-13-2010

/Singed

Dianetics

10-13-2010

I thought LoL was gonna be steamrolled by Valve's DOTA. Instead HoN is. I feel bad for the guys. I still think its uncharacteristic of Valve to work on a game but not improve on it. I kinda thing its a bad move on the part of Valve.

ProbablyTerribad

Recruiter

10-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dianetics View Post
I thought LoL was gonna be steamrolled by Valve's DOTA. Instead HoN is. I feel bad for the guys. I still think its uncharacteristic of Valve to work on a game but not improve on it. I kinda thing its a bad move on the part of Valve.
Jesus Christ, I'm just going to start copy/pasting this message in every thread every time some hurrdurr repeats this moronic mantra.

This game will not kill League of Legends, nor will it kill Heroes of Newerth. These two games are a much larger threat to DoTA2 than DoTA2 is to them. People have invested time and money into both of the other two games, and especially in the case of HoN vs. DoTA2, where they're basically going to be the exact same game.

Why would someone who plays HoN spend money to play the same game they already paid $30 for? Why would that same person leave League, a game they've also likely spent money on, to play a game that's probably not even appealing to them as it's likely going to be more competitively based? And even if they do, why wouldn't they go to Heroes of Newerth, which will be a much more developed game? (It'll be 2 years older than DoTA2.)

If this game was really going to take off, it needed to come out a year or so ago. It would have stomped out HoN completely. But now it's likely too late.